Wooden on-ear headphones
Our take on the Audio-Technica ATH-ESW990H by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
The lighweight Audio-Technica ATH-ESW990H headphones deliver a sound that is pleasantly organic. Those gorgeous polished wood earcups no doubt help here — sycamore is known for its lively yet smooth sonic property. And Audio-technica's drivers always provide a quick attack with low resonance. I found the earcups a little hard to negotiate, but once I got a solid on-ear fit, I really enjoyed these headphones. They pair well with vinyl, too.
- on-ear, closed-back design
- wood earcup housings made from sycamore
- sycamore is used to construct premium string instruments
- results in natural, detailed acoustics
- 42mm dynamic drivers with specially coated diaphragms for crisp, clear mids and highs
- strong magnetic yoke increases driver efficiency for smooth, effortless sound
- relaxed, comfortable fit
- soft, leather-covered earpads and headband
- earcups fold flat for easy storage
- 47" detachable miniplug cable features strong-signal connection to each earcup
- in-line remote and mic for controlling music and phone calls
- 1/4" adapter included
- velvet carrying case
- frequency response: 5-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 103 dB
- impedance: 60 ohms
- weight: 5.6 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- On-ear headphones (tan)
- 51" Cable with in-line remote/mic (gold-plated straight 3.5mm plug)
- Velvet storage pouch
- Instruction Booklet
- Disposal declaration
Audio-Technica ATH-ESW990H Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.826" x 2.826"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||5-40k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The ATH-ESW990H is part of the Earsuit series of Audio-Technica's consumer headphones. These on-ear headphones have large drivers that can accurately reproduce extreme low and high frequencies, including Hi-Res Audio reproduction. The headphones come a dual-sided cable with an in-line remote/mic for controlling music and phone calls on your mobile device, and a high quality 3.5mm gold-plated plug. The ear cups swivel 90° so you can fold them flat and store them in the included black velvet storage pouch.
Drivers: The ATH-ESW990H is equipped with large 42mm drivers that feature a specially-coated diaphragm and a unified yoke to produce crystal-clear, high-resolution audio. The drivers are housed in beautiful sycamore wood housings with a high-gloss finish.
Comfort Features: The headphones feature ultra-soft memory foam earpads and headband covered by soft, durable leather for many hours of listening pleasure.
Cable: The ATH-ESW990H comes with a detachable 51" cable with an in-line 1-button and microphone for controlling your music and phone calls on your Apple iPhone/iPad or Android device. The dual-sided cable features new A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors, and terminates into a straight 3.5mm plug. The remote lets you play/pause your music, and skip to the next track, plus accept or reject incoming phone calls and activate Apple's Siri or Android's voice assistance. The remote has additional functionality with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, including fast forward/reverse, and skipping to the previous track.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 40kHz
- Sensitivity: 103 dB/mW
- Impedance: 60 ohms
- Maximum Input Power: 1000mW
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.826" Depth: 1.414"
- Cable Length: 51" (straight, 2-sided, with in-line remote/mic, straight 3.5mm plug)
- Weight: 6.7 ounces (with cable)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.