Peachtree Audio deepblueSKY
Powered speaker with Wi-Fi®
Our take on the Peachtree Audio deepblueSKY by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
High performance multi-room audio
Peachtree Audio took their popular deepblue wireless speaker and replaced Bluetooth with Wi-Fi for high-quality streaming music. The deepblueSKY has five built-in drivers and 440 watts of custom amplification, delivering exception sound.
A variety of music options
Wi-Fi means this speaker can take full advantage of streaming services like TIDAL and Spotify® Premium at their highest available resolutions. Peachtree's SKY Direct mode lets you even stream wirelessly from your phone when no Wi-Fi network is available. An optical digital input accepts high-res signals up to 24-bit/96kHz.
Make it multi-room
And you can connect the deepblueSKY to other compatible Peachtree Audio components in the SKY ecosystem, like the decco125 SKY integrated amp, for multi-room audio. Or link multiple deepblueSKY speakers in different rooms.
The deepblueSKY features a high-performance 3-way speaker system. Two 1" tweeters and 3" midrange drivers are angled to disperse a wide soundfield. In the center is a long-excursion 6-1/2” woofer for clean, powerful base. Peachtree Audio's custom 400-watt amplifier ensures accurate, detailed sound at both the highest and lowest volume levels.
High-resolution audio options
The deepblueSKY features a high-performance 3-way speaker system. Two 1" tweeters and 3" midrange drivers are angled to project a wide soundfield. In the center is a long-excursion 6-1/2” woofer for clean, powerful bass. Peachtree Audio's custom-tailored amplifier ensures accurate, detailed sound at all volume levels.
Hand-held remote and app control
The system comes with its own remote which lets you save favorite artists, stations, and playlists for one-button access.
To get even more out of the system, download the free Muzo app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. With it, you can control your deepblueSKY directly from your smartphone or tablet.
The Muzo app gives you play, pause, skip, repeat and volume and EQ controls. Add all your streaming services to the app, for quick selection. If you have other Peachtree SKY ecosystem components, you can control them all through the app. Have them all play the same song, or a different song in each room.
- one 6-1/2" woofer, two 3" midrange drivers, and two 1" soft dome tweeters
- 440-watt, 5-channel amplifier
- built-in Wi-Fi
- Muzo control app:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- Spotify® Premium, TIDAL, and Napster music streaming service built-in (some require subscriptions)
- TuneIn and iHeartRadio internet radio built-in
- displays current song and artist information
- control volume, play, pause, repeat, and skip functions
- use DirectSKY to stream directly from smartphone or tablet without a Wi-Fi network
- control multiple Peachtree Audio SKY-compatible systems to play the same song simultaneously or different songs in different rooms
- Toslink optical digital audio input (cable included)
- plays up to 24-bit/96kHz high resolution audio
- stereo 3.5mm minijack analog audio input (cables included)
- remote control
- AC power required
- 14-1/4"W x 9-1/8"H x 6-1/2"D
- weight: 16 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Wireless audio speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6' Optical cable
- 42" Stereo minijack cable
- 6.5' Stereo minijack-to-RCA cable
- Owner's Manual
Great sound would be helpful if I had Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Raymond, Troy, MI
Peachtree Audio deepblueSKY Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
3-Way Speaker Design: The Peachtree Audio DeepBlue Sky features five custom designed drivers dedicated to bass, mids, and highs to form a true three-way speaker system. Two 1" soft-dome tweeters and two 3" inverted-dome aluminum midrange drivers are placed in their own housing, isolated from the incredible pressure generated by the 6.5" bass driver, so you can hear every note and every word of your favorite track. Massive magnets and large voice coils are used to provide control and to handle large amounts of power. Materials optimal to the task were specified at each step of the design process.
- Two 1" Tweeters: The two 1" tweeters are a soft-dome material with a smooth extended frequency response that sounds more natural than metal-dome tweeters. Large 0.75" voice-coils allow them to handle the amount of power needed for them to keep up with the output of the other drivers, so the highs don't get lost in the mix.
- Dual 3" Midrange Drivers: The two 3" midrange drivers use inverted aluminum cones which dissipate voice coil heat build-up allowing them to operate at their ideal temperature for detailed, accurate midrange and vocal performance.
- 6.5" Bass Driver: The 6.5" bass driver is a long excursion design. Due to its high output, a paper cone was selected for its high stiffness-to-mass ratio which prevents the cone from flexing and outperforms metal and other exotic materials in this respect. You hear not only full bass, but bass that is tight and accurate.
DSP Controlled Amplifier: The built-in 440W/5Ch amplifier delivers clean, rich, clear, and dynamic audio from a small speaker enclosure. The amplifier employs a proprietary Volume EQ & sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to squeeze out every last ounce of performance, giving the DeepBlue Sky fullness and clarity not found in a lot of other Bluetooth speakers of its size. It all also offers Tone control.
- Proprietary Volume EQ: The DeepBlue Sky utilizes proprietary Volume Equalization to track the incoming music signal for its continuous and peak signals to provide clear distortion-free sound at any volume. It automatically adjusts frequency response on the fly, so the DeepBlue Sky produces full rich sound even at its lowest volume.
- Sophisticated DSP: The sophisticated DSP (Digital Signal Processor) adjusts frequency response for full sound at low volume settings and will activate compressors to lower dangerous peak signals when the music is being played at loud volumes. This ensures great sound and reliable performance.
- Tone Control: The DeepBlue Sky offers Bass & Treble control from the included IR remote. Or, you can set the speaker system to "Flat".
High Quality DAC: The Peachtree Audio DeepBlue Sky utilizes a high performance 24-Bit/96kHz DAC for high quality sound reproduction.
Built-in WiFi: The Peachtree DeepBlue Sky is equipped with built-in 2.4GHz WiFi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) in order to stream select online music services and music stored on your device to the DeepBlue Sky, as well as control the speaker from the MUZO Player app on your compatible smartphone or tablet. There is no Ethernet port for a wired connection.
- Music Sources: Available online music services include - TIDAL, Spotify Connect (requires Spotify Premium account), TuneIn, Napster, & iHeart Radio. Subscription and purchase fees may be required. You can also access your mobile device's stored music library (music stored on the cloud cannot be accessed). You can save six stations, songs, and/or playlists as Favorites (Presets) that can accessed from the MUZO Player App or the included IR remote.
- MUZO Player App: Utilize the MUZO Player application (for Apple iOS 8.0 and Android OS 4.1) to select between online music services, navigate your mobile devices stored music library, and control playback from your compatible mobile device. The MUZO Player application also displays song/artist/album information, along with album art. The MUZO Player application can also be used control the DeepBlue Sky's volume and USB/Optical/AUX input selections from your compatible smartphone or tablet.
- SKY ECO System: The DeepBlue Sky will work with other products in Peachtree's "SKY" ecosystem (such as the Decco125 Sky integrated amplifier or another Deep Blue Sky) for wireless multiroom audio; play the same music source in every room or listen to a different audio source in each room.
- SKY Direct Mode: Peachtree's SKY Direct mode even lets you play compatible online music services and music that is stored on your Apple iOS or Android device through the DeepBlue Sky when there is no WiFi signal available.
Note: The DeepBlue Sky does not offer built-in Bluetooth audio streaming.
Analog & Digital Inputs: In addition to wireless WiFi connectivity, the Peachtree Audio DeepBlue Sky offers both analog (3.5mm) and digital (toslink) wired inputs.
- Optical Digital Input: The Peachtree Audio DeepBlue Sky's optical (toslink) digital input supports 2ch PCM audio (up to 24-bit/96kHz) for high-resolution digital audio sound from your TV, Blu-ray player, or network player. Not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS.
- Analog Aux Input: The Audio DeepBlue Sky is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input and comes with a stereo minijack cable to connect your non-WiFi audio devices with a headphone jack output. Even a traditional audio component, like a CD player can be connected with a simple RCA-to-mini adaptor (sold separately).
Simple Controls: Top-panel controls include Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Aux/Optical Input Selection, and WiFi Connect. The included IR wireless remote provides the same functionality; as well as Tone Control (Bass/Treble/Flat), Mute, Presets (1-6), Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track.
Mounting Options: The Peachtree Audio DeepBlue Sky can simply be placed on a desk, stand, table, shelf, counter-top, or other flat-surface. It cannot be wall-mounted. You will notice that bass output is greatly affected by walls and surfaces within close proximity to the DeepBlue Sky, especially if you place it in a corner which can boost bass performance, but can also "muddy" it too.
Integrated Carry Handle: An easy-to-grab recessed handle on the back-panel makes it easy to move the DeepBlue Sky throughout your home. However, it is not battery powered. It will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet. It is designed for indoor use only (not rated for outdoor use).
Detachable AC Power Cord: The 6.5' detachable AC power cord plugs into the back of the DeepBlue Sky speaker and into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Sound quality [ Ruben Jul 17, 2018 ]
been considering the Deep Blue 3 and with the Wi-Fi of the Sky felt it was time to take the plunge [ George Jun 06, 2018 ]
Great features and sound, now with wi-fi capability and an improved remote control. [ LAWRENCE E May 23, 2018 ]