Denon HEOS 5.1 Home Theater System
Wireless surround sound system with HEOS Bar, HEOS Subwoofer, and two HEOS 1 speakers (Black)
Our take on the Denon HEOS 5.1 Home Theater System by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Wireless surround sound that wows
The system includes a HEOS Bar, HEOS Subwoofer, and two HEOS 1 speakers.
The reason we're offering this bundle is simple. When Denon recently played their wireless HEOS 5.1 home theater system in Crutchfield's large, open training room, we loved what we heard. The HEOS Bar delivers clear, spacious sound from your TV. The matching HEOS Subwoofer provides clean, high-impact bass. The two HEOS 1 wireless speakers provide the rear channels that put you in the center of the action.
This 5.1 system can connect to HEOS wireless speakers and components in other rooms. Send sound from your TV in the living room to a speaker in the kitchen, or have every speaker in your home play your latest Spotify® playlist.
Ready for your 4K TV and devices
The HEOS Bar has four HDMI inputs that are 4K and HDR-ready, so it's compatible with newer video sources and TVs. You can connect a cable/satellite box, 4K Blu-ray player, streaming device, and/or game console. And the HDMI output sends video to your 4K Ultra HD TV (or 1080p HDTV) while the sound plays through the powerful bar.
There are also other digital and analog audio inputs, and a USB port for playing music from a thumb drive. All of which you can stream to other HEOS speakers in your multi-room audio system.
The HEOS Bar has a pair of drivers dedicated to each of the front three channels. This keeps dialogue front and center. Speech is clear and easy to understand — even as special effects are wide and expansive. Denon included special processing to help simulate spacious surround sound.
Each HEOS 1 speaker has a built-in woofer and tweeter, powered by dual Class D amplifiers. A ported enclosure helps fill out the sound.
The HEOS Subwoofer features dual custom 5-1/4" drivers with advanced Class-D amplification to give you accurate yet powerful low-frequency sound. The low-resonance cabinet further ensures clean sound, with a tuned port optimized for acoustic fidelity.
The HEOS bar can sit on a cabinet under your TV, or it can be mounted on your wall — you can flip it around for placement above or below the screen. The HEOS Bar's six built-in drivers are angled to deliver clean, balanced sound, whichever way you position it.
The sub and surrounds use AC power, so they'll need to be near wall outlets. But you still have many placement options. The sub can stand upright to fit snugly against a cabinet or wall. Or place it sideways to fit under a chair or sofa. The HEOS 1 speakers also connect to the Bar wirelessly, so you can place them where they'll sound best.
Easy Wi-Fi setup and control with HEOS
Set up is simple. Download the free HEOS control app to your smartphone or tablet. Connect your device to the HEOS Bar using the special setup cable. With a few taps of the app, your Wi-Fi settings are automatically transferred. When you unplug the cable, you'll have full wireless control of the sound bar. Pairing the Bar with the Subwoofer and HEOS 1 speakers are equally simple.
HEOS gives you tons of music options
HEOS will play pretty much anything in your music library, from MP3s to high-resolution files. HEOS also gives you access to music services like Spotify®, Deezer, and more. Plus, the HEOS Bar has built-in Bluetooth, so anything you can play on your phone can also be played through this speaker — and other components in a HEOS multi-room system.
Grow your system with more HEOS products in other rooms
HEOS has earned rave reviews for sound quality, quick setup, and easy operation. Once our customers get into it, they often come back for more. For good reason — there's a sound solution for every room:
HEOS 7 - The largest speaker in the HEOS family is great for large rooms and open floor plans.
HEOS 5 - This mid-sized speaker is perfect for medium-sized rooms like a kitchen or bedroom.
HEOS 3 - Set up this HEOS speaker in a bedroom or office.
HEOS Amp - Add HEOS to any pair of regular passive speakers with this amplified player.
HEOS Link - Enjoy HEOS through your stereo system or powered speakers.
HEOS multi-room system:
- free app for Apple®, Android™, and Kindle devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- plays music stored on device
- support for online music services, including Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, SiriusXM, Rhapsody®, and TuneIn radio (subscription required for some services)
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- powered 3-channel sound bar with six built-in speakers
- drivers mounted at 45-degree angle for placement above or below TV
- HDMI connections are compatible with 4K/HDR TVs and devices
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® allows connection to your wireless home network for HEOS multi-room music
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output
- HDCP 2.2 copy-protection compatibility for 4K broadcast and streaming content
- HDMI ARC for a single-cable connection to your compatible TV
- optical and coaxial digital audio inputs
- 3.5mm input for setup and connecting a portable music player (minijack cable included)
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router
- remote control included
- 43-3/8"W x 2-7/8"H x 5-7/8"D
- dual custom 5-1/4" woofers
- Class-D digital amplifier for accurate sound
- communicates with other HEOS speakers via wireless network or wired Ethernet connection
- can sit upright or lay flat
- requires AC power, power cable included
- 6-7/8"W x 16"H x 17-3/8"D (vertical placement)
- weight: 22.27 lbs.
Two HEOS 1 speakers (each):
- two built-in drivers (one woofer and one tweeter) powered by dual Class D amplifiers
- ported enclosure for enhanced low-frequency response
- 3.5mm miniplug cable included for transferring network settings from your device
- threaded insert for wall-mounting (with optional bracket)
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive (FAT16 or FAT32 formats); music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable music player; music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router (cable included)
- AC adapter included
- 5-1/16"W x 7-7/16"H x 5-1/16"D
- weight: 4 lbs.
- direct 5GHz-band connection from bar to surround speakers helps eliminate latency
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- HEOS requires high-speed internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet