Focal 300 ICLCR 5
3-way in-ceiling home theater speaker with built-in back-box
- 3-way design ideal for an overhead home theater system
- specialized driver arrangement allows for use as a left-, right-, or center-channel speaker
- 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- 4" woven flax fiber midrange driver
- tweeter and midrange are housed in an adjustable plate to direct sound toward you
- three-position midrange level control to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- dual 5" woven flax fiber woofers
- humidity-resistant design (not recommended for direct exposure to water)
- built-in back-box ensures well-balanced sound in any installation and protects against dust and dirt
- unobtrusive frame and paintable magnetic grille for discreet installation
- recommended amplifier power: 50-150 watts
- frequency response: 55-28,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- designed and developed in France
- cutout dimensions: 13-3/8"W x 13-3/8"H
- overall dimensions: 14-9/16"W x 14-9/16"H
- mounting depth: 7-11/16"
- weight: 16.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- One 3-way in-ceiling speaker
- Metal-mesh grill (white)
- Grill cloth
- Five 1" clamp extensions (attached to enclosure)
- Five 1/2" clamp extensions (attached to enclosure)
- Paint guard
- Cutout template
- Quickstart guide
- Safety and warnings sheet
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Cutout Size||13.375 x 13.375|
|Power Range (Watts)||50-150|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The Focal 300 ICLCR5 is a three-way, in-ceiling speaker designed for home theater applications. It can be used as either a front left, right, or center channel or as a rear channel speaker, especially in large rooms with no rear wall nearby for floor or in-wall speakers. The enclosure contains dual 5" Flax cone woofers, a single 4" Flax cone midrange, and a 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter.
Drivers: The 300 ICLCR5 features dual 5" Flax cone woofers which produce a natural and accurate sound with great intelligibility, ideal for movie dialog. The 4" Flax cone midrange and 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter are mounted on an adjustable plate which can be tilted left or right for focusing the sound on the listening point, depending on which location the speaker is in. The 1" tweeter includes a 3-way switch for adjusting the output level according to the acoustic environment with selections of -3dB, 0dB, and +3dB. A second 3-way switch allows the same type of adjustment for the midrange frequencies with selections of -2dB, 0dB, and +2dB. Both switches are located on the front of the speaker underneath the grill for easy adjustment.
Grill: The speaker comes with a paintable, magnetic, metal-mesh grill. Small magnets around the rim of the speaker allow the grill to be easily placed and removed with no tools required. An optional sheet of acoustic grill cloth is provided that can be applied to the back of the grill, making the speaker drivers behind it invisible. Note: Using this will lower the overall output level a small amount.
EQI Mounting: Focal incorporates their patented EQI (Easy Quick Install) mounting system which includes 5 integrated cam-arms with optimized grips. These allow the speaker to be locked into place by simply placing the cam-arms in the "ready" position and pushing the speaker assembly into the ceiling opening. As the speaker sets in place, the spring-loaded cam arms will rotate outward snapping in place against the backside of the drywall or mounting surface. Five 1" and five 1/2" spacers are provided that can clip on the cam-arms, if needed, depending on the thickness of the ceiling material. The EQI mounts will work for ceilings from 1/2" to 2" thick.
Terminals: Two spring-posts are provided for attaching speaker wire and can accommodate 16 -14 AWG wire.
- Drivers: Dual 5" Flax woofers, one 4" Flax midrange, and a 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- Sensitivity: 91db
- Frequency Response (+/- 3dB): 55Hz - 28kHz
- Impedance: 8Ω
- RMS Power: 50 - 150W
- Cutout Dimensions: 13.375" x 13.375"
- Mounting Depth: 7.50"
- External Dimensions: Width - 14.50", Length - 14.50", Height - 7.750"
- Net Weight: 16.3 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Focal 300 ICLCR 5
3-way in-ceiling home theater speaker with built-in back-box$799.99 each
JBL Arena 6IC
In-ceiling speaker with built-in back-box
In-ceiling surround speaker with built-in back-box