iNUKE Series power amplifier — 440W x 2 at 8 ohms, 3,000W RMS x 1 at 4 ohms bridged
Item # 937NU3000 | MFR # NU3000
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Behringer NU3000 by Crutchfield's Dave Delamere
A lightweight chassis with a power punch
When I'd help my friend's band set up for a gig, the last thing I wanted to see was a bunch of heavy amps mounted in a back-breaking amp rack. That's why Behringer's iNUKE pro audio amplifiers are such a welcome sight. These highly efficient yet lightweight amps deliver impressive power for any event. And, Behringer backs up their iNUKE amps with a 3-year warranty.
A simple and effective design
Weighing under seven pounds, Behringer's NU3000 2-channel amplifier pumps out 440 watts per channel at 8 ohms, 880 watts per channel at 4 ohms, and 1520 watts in bridged mode. Its class D design and "back to front" ventilation system ensure that it will run with virtually no thermal buildup, eliminating the need for the heavy transformers and massive heat sinks found in "old school" amps. This also means you can stack them close together in a rack. The built-in "Zero Attack" limiters let you get the most output, but still protect your speakers from being overdriven.
The NU3000 includes a built-in crossover, which can be set to full-range, low-pass for subwoofers, or high-pass for your satellite speakers. Front-panel illuminated controls provide precise level adjustments for each channel. The NU3000 also offers combination XLR and 1/4" input connectors for your source material and twist-lock output connections, compatible with Neutrik Speakon® connectors, for your speaker cables.
- 2-channel pro audio amplifier
- power output:
- 440 watts per channel at 8 ohms
- 880 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- 1500 watts per channel at 2 ohms
- 1520 watts (mono) at 8 ohms in bridged mode
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (-1.0 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
- illuminated independent right- and left-channel level controls for precise volume matching
- high- and low-pass crossovers for each channel (100 Hz)
- variable-speed fan and "back to front" ventilation for heat dissipation
- mode switch for stereo, mono, or bridged modes
- DC, short circuit, and thermal overload protection
- rack mount ears included
- inputs: combination XLR and 1/4" TRS for channels A and B
- outputs: two twist-lock connections (compatible with Neutrik Speakon connectors)
- dimensions: 18-15/16"W x 3-3/4"H x 11-1/4"D (2 rack spaces)
- weight: 6.6 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2-channel Power amplifier
- 59" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Quick Start Guide
- Global Care Information
Behringer NU3000 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Watts per channel 8 ohms||440|
|Watts per channel 4 ohms||880|
|Watts per channel 2 ohms||1500|
Overview: The Behringer iNuke NU3000 is a lightweight 2-channel amplifier delivers plenty of power when you need it. Featuring a "back-to-front" ventilation system, this Class-D amplifier runs cool with "near zero" thermal buildup. You can use the amplifier on stage connected to a mixer, or for DJ work. The NU3000 is rack-mountable, and requires 2U of rack space (no hardware included).
Built-in 3-way Crossover: The amp features a built-in 3-way crossover, which can be set to full-range, high-pass, or low-pass operation via a 3-way slide switch on the rear panel. Full-range mode sends an unfiltered output to the speakers. In HF mode, frequencies above 100Hz are sent to the speakers, while in LF mode, low-frequency content below 100Hz is sent to passive subwoofers.
Bridgeable: The NU3000's left and right channels can be bridged into a single output. The amplifier will produce 3000 watts when connected to a 4Ω speaker, or 1520 watts for an 8Ω speaker. A 3-way Mode switch on the rear panel lets you set the amp to Bridge mode, dual mono, or stereo mode.
Bi-amping: With two iNuke amplifiers (NU1000, NU3000, or NU6000), you can bi-amp a pair of speakers. Bi-amping splits an audio signal into lower and upper frequency bands, and sends each frequency band to separate speaker cabinets. Horizontal bi-amping uses one iNuke amplifier to amplify the low frequencies, while a separate iNuke amplifier handles the high frequencies. Vertical bi-amping uses a single amplifier for each stereo side. This requires an external crossover to separate the low frequencies from the mid/high frequencies so they can be amplified separately.
Connections: The iNuke NU3000 is equipped with two 1/4"-XLR combo inputs. The two outputs have professional twist-lock speaker connections that are compatible with Neutrik speakON connectors.
Front Panel Controls: The NU3000 features simple operation with detented rotary gain controls for channels A and B. Each control has three amber signal LEDs that light when signal is present, and a Clip LED to indicate when the signal is distorted and needs to be reduced. The gain control knobs feature amber and red illuminated rings that are easy to see in dark conditions.
Warranty Terms: Behringer offers a 3-year warranty when you register your product within 90 calendar days of purchase. If the product is not properly registered, the warranty period is one year.
Maximum Output Power:
- 2Ω Stereo: 2 x 1500 watts
- 4Ω Stereo: 2 x 880 watts
- 8Ω Stereo: 2 x 440 watts
- 4Ω Bridged Mono: 3000 watts
- 8Ω Bridged Mono: 1520 watts
- Connections: 2 x TRS 1/4"/XLR Combo jacks
- Input Impedance: 10kΩ (unbalanced), 20 kΩ (balanced)
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power into 4Ω: 0.775 V (0 dBu)
- Connections: 2 x locking style professional speaker connectors (Neutrik speakON)
- Distortion (1/8 rated power): <0.05%
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0/-1dB
- Signal-to-Noise: >100dB
- Width: 18.9375"
- Height: 3.7"
- Depth: 9.75" (11.25" w/power cord)
- Weight: 6.6 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
The Behringer NU3000 amp features a built-in 3-way crossover, which can be set to full-range, high-pass, or low-pass operation via a 3-way slide switch on the rear panel. For more details or to discuss further, please contact a Pro Audio Advisor directly by phone (800.555.9369) or online chat. Thanks! [ Larry Nov 17, 2017 ] Staff