In-ear Bluetooth® sports headphones with built-in pedometer (Neon Green)
Our take on the Fiil CARAT by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
My kind of wearable
Of all the smart, wearable tech, I find "hearables" like the Fill CARAT sports earbuds the most practical. I know, I know, of course the Crutchfield headphone guy would say that. But hear me out. These neckband headphones will play music wirelessly via Bluetooth® — so already I find them more useful than an ankle band. But these headphones also have a built-in pedometer, so you can track and monitor your steps, progress, and intensity. Speaking of intensity: the "speed dependent sound" cranks the volume and adjust the EQ as you go from warm-ups to beast mode.
- Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- Class 1 Bluetooth helps extend wireless range up to 165 feet
- built-in pedometer can keep track of distance, time, and number of steps
- selection of ear "wings" and "clips" help further stabilize the earbuds
- sweat-, dust-, and weather-resistant design
- dynamic drivers tuned to deliver wide-open sound with energetic bass
- "speed dependent sound" mode adjusts volume and EQ the faster you run
- magnetic earpieces let you snap them together to wear around your neck when not in use
- free Fiil app for Apple and Android allows you to adjust settings, customize sound, and view battery life status on your phone
- three-button remote for controlling music playback and volume with a smartphone or portable music player
- built-in microphone for making calls or voice commands with a smartphone
- built-in rechargeable battery offers 6 hours of listening
- music automatically stops when you remove earbuds
- includes 4 pairs of silicone ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- carrying pouch
- USB charging cable included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-ear wireless headphones (with 23" connecting cable)
- 26" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro B USB on other end)
- 4 Pairs of gel earbuds (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of gel ear wings (1 pair installed)
- 2 Ear loops
- 2 USB plugs
- Cable clip
- Cloth storage pouch
Love these things. Great sound, nice features and they do not fall out of my ears when I run. Highly recommended.
Robert, Ventura, CA
Fiil CARAT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||15-22k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Fiil Carat in-ear headphones are equipped with Bluetooth for a wireless connection to your smartphone or tablet. The fashionable, hexagonal-shaped ear buds are tied together by a 23" connecting cable with an in-line remote and microphone. The Carat is extremely lightweight (weighs 0.6 ounces) and comfortable that you can wear it for hours at a time. The ear buds are resistant to dust, water, and sweat, so you can wear them in any weather or during any activity. The headphones come with four pairs of silicone ear tips (XS, S, M, L), so you can find the right size to fit your ears. Ear loops, ear wings, and a band clip are also included to make sure the headphones stay in your ears.
Drivers: The Carat has 8.6mm high-density, neodymium magnet, high fidelity drivers.
Bluetooth: The Fiil Carat is equipped with Bluetooth 4.2, and supports A2DP (v1.3), AVRCP (v1.5), HSP (v1.2), and HFP (v1.6) protocols. SBC, AAC, and aptX codecs are supported as well. Wireless range is approximately 164 feet (50 meters), and you can pair up to 8 devices to the headphones, including two at once.
Fiil+ App: The Fiil+ app provides tools to optimize the sound of your music and phone calls. The app has EQ, bass/treble boost, sound effects, and other controls, as well as a pink noise generator to help "burn-in" your headphones. You can also view the battery status of your headphones right on the app. The app also has on online version of the instruction manual. The Fiil+ app is available for iOS (8.0 or later) and Android (4.1 and up).
Rechargeable Battery: The headphones are powered by a Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery. The battery fully charges in approximately 1.5 hours, providing up to 6 hours of music/talk time at mid-volume, and up to 6 days standby time (Earphone Mode)/14 days standby time (Necklace Mode). The included 26" USB cable plugs into the right earbud for charging the battery. When not charging, you should place the supplied rubber plug into the USB port to keep out water and dirt.
KINETIIC Cable: The Fiil Carat features the KINETIIC tangle-free cable with an in-line remote/microphone. The ear buds have strong magnets on the sides. When you're not listening, putting the ear buds in Necklace Mode (sticking them together magnetically) pauses the music and keeps the headphones in place around your neck.
In-line Controls: The KINETIIC cable's in-line remote (located below the right earbud) has a multi-function button (MFB) and two volume buttons (up and down). The MFB lets you turn the headphones on/off, and control your music (pause/play, next/previous track), phone calls (answer/end/reject calls, redial), and Voice Assistant.
- Frequency Response: 15Hz to 22kHz
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F
- Storage Temperature: 22°F to 158°
- Ear Buds: Width 0.924" Height 0.831" Depth 1.203"
- KINETIIC Cable: Length 23"
- Weight: 0.6 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.