CD player with MP3/WMA playback
Our take on the Sony CDX-GT210 by Crutchfield's Robert Ferency-Viars
Wake up your boring commute with Sony's CDX-GT210 CD player. It brings MP3 and WMA music file playback to your drive time, so you can load up a couple of discs with your favorite tunes and enjoy the convenience of an in-dash jukebox. Song titles scroll across the display while the strong internal amp fires up your speakers.
When you don't have time to burn a disc, just jack your portable audio player into the front auxiliary input it's great for listening to yesterday's downloaded podcasts. You can even adjust the level of the auxiliary source so that you don't have to turn up the volume when you switch from the radio or CD player.
Sony's acclaimed SSIR-EXA radio tuner does a great job of pulling in AM and FM stations, so your local news, sports, and weather reports will always be on hand. Detach the faceplate to protect your investment when you're parked.
- CD player with built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- detachable face
- EQ Lite (six tone settings)
- front-panel auxiliary input
Other features and specs:
- CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
- seek tuning
- CD frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
- FM sensitivity: 9 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver with 10-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 4 Flathead ISO-mount screws
- 2 Face security screws
- Operating Instructions (English/French)
- Installation/Connections sheet (English/French)
- Limited Warranty sheet
- Note on installing face security screws
Sony CDX-GT210 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Key Button Color||Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Drive S: The CDX-GT210 features the Drive S chassis platform. Drive S includes the CD mechanism, audio stages, 12 V power supply, and tuner section. The CD mechanism includes a suspension to resist shocks, a motor that draws less power, and a fast low-current pickup that improves durability and CD playback accuracy. The 50W Peak x 4-channel S-MOSFET Power IC produces clearer, more accurate sound, less distortion, and a higher signal-to-noise ratio than previous designs.
Detachable Face: The CDX-GT210 features a detachable face for theft prevention. The radio does not come with a protective face case.
Disc Compatibility: The CD receiver will play CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs.
MP3/WMA Capability: The CD receiver will also play MP3 and WMA files stored on a CD-R or CD-RW. Below are the following requirements for MP3/WMA playback.
- ISO: The unit is compatible with the ISO 9660 level 1 / level 2 format, Joliet/Romeo in the expansion format, and Multi Session.
- The Maximum number of:
- folders or albums is 150 including root and empty folders
- MP3/WMA files or tracks and folders contained in a disc (300 if a folder/files names contain many characters, this number may become less than 300).
- Displayable characters for a folder/file name is 32 (Joliet), or 64 (Romeo).
- ID3 tag versions 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4 apply to MP3 only. ID3 tag is 15/30 characters (1.0 and 1.1) or 63/126 characters (2.2, 2.3. and 2.4). WMA tag is 63 characters.
MP3/WMA Playback Functions: The CD receiver offers the following playback methods for MP3 and WMA files.
- Track Repeat
- Album Repeat
- Album Shuffle
- Disc Shuffle
MP3/WMA Display Information: The CD receiver's display can display the following information - Track number/Elapsed playing time, Disc/Artist Name, Album Number, Album Name, Track Name, Text Information and Clock.
Note: The Album number is displayed only when the album is changed.
Tuning: The radio allows you to manual tune or seek tune AM/FM stations.
Local Seek Mode: This mode will only tune in stations with very strong signals during Seek tuning.
Mono Mode: This feature allows you improve poor FM reception by selecting a monaural signal instead of a stereo signal.
Preset Tuning: The CDX-GT210 features 3 modes to store and receive AM/FM stations. You can store up to 6 presets in each of the following bands - FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1 and AM2.
- Best Tuning Memory (BTM): This feature selects stations with the best signals within the selected band and stores them in order of their frequency. You can select from FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2.
- Manual Tuning: You can manually tune and find your favorite radio stations one by one for FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2.
- Auto Tuning: You can use the seek button to help you search quickly through the available stations and then choose your own presets from these available stations.
Sound Setting: The CD receiver allows you to adjust the balance, fade, and EQ settings.
- Balance: adjust left to right from L10 to 0 to R10
- Fade: adjust front to rear from F10 to 0 to R10
- EQ Lite: You may select one of the following EQ presets: Xplod, Natural, Hard, Upbeat, Vocal or Custom. For the Custom mode, you can adjust the Low (Bass) and HI (Treble) frequencies between +10 dB to -10 dB in 1 dB increments.
Loudness: This feature allows you to listen to your music clearly at love volume levels by reinforcing the bass and treble.
Amplifier Section: The head-unit's amplifier is CEA-2006 compliant and rated at 17 watts RMS x 4 channels at 4 Ohms.
No Preamp Outputs: The CDX-GT210 contains no RCA preamp outputs.
Front Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo 3.5mm mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
Mounting Angle: For flexibility of installation, this unit can be mounted between 0 (horizontal) and 44 degrees.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: Pressing the Off button once will turn off audio output, but the clock display and face/button illumination remain on. This makes the clock display and face/button illumination "Keyed" instead of "Unit On" only. To turn the unit off completely, you must press the Off button for two seconds.
Note: When installing in a vehicle without an accessory power wire at the radio location, you must turn the radio completely off (this defeats keyed operation), or you may wire the accessory power wire of this radio to an alternate source of accessory power to retain keyed clock and face/button illumination operation.
Dimmer: The CDX-GT210 feature a dimmer mode to dim the brightness of the display. You can choose from either "Dim On" or Dim Off".
Motion Display: This feature shows moving patterns on the display when turned on.
Auto Scroll: This feature allows long displayed items to scroll automatically across the display when the track is changed on a disc.
Eject: The CD disc can be ejected with the unit powered off. The CD player will automatically reinsert the disc if the disc is ejected and left on the lip opening of the player for several seconds.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.