Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II
Telephoto zoom lens for DX format Nikon DSLR cameras
Item # 05420050 | MFR # 20050
$349.95 Earn up to 350 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
The perfect compact companion to your Nikon DSLR's kit lens
If you own one of Nikon's 18-55mm kit lenses, you know what a great all-around shooter it is. But sometimes having extra telephoto power can come in very handy for capturing distant sports action, school events, and much more. For those occasions, this Nikon 55-200mm is an ideal companion. Its lightweight, compact retractable barrel design makes it easy to take along almost anywhere, and its high-quality optics and versatile zoom range give you crisp, vibrant photos and movies from afar. Built-in Vibration Reduction technology helps keep your stills sharp and your videos steady. Plus, this lens's ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass element ensures accurate, razor-sharp images, and a built-in Silent Wave Motor makes autofocus quick and quiet.
- AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 82-300mm
- designed for Nikon DX-format SLR cameras
- Vibration Reduction provides in-focus shots with longer exposure times (up to four shutter speeds slower) for better handheld shooting
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, quiet autofocusing
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lens element for superior optical performance
- minimum focus distance: 3.7 ft.
- maximum aperture: f/4-5.6
- minimum aperture: f/22-32
- lens construction: 13 elements in 9 groups
- attachment/filter size: 52mm
- lens is 2-3/4" in diameter, 3-1/4" long
- weight: 10.6 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
What's in the Box:
- AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II zoom lens (#20050)
- LC-52 52mm Front lens cap (installed)
- Slip-on rear lens cap (installed)
- User's Manual
- 5 Years of Protection Warranty sheet
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||5 Years w/registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years w/registration|
Overview: The Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II lens is a compact telephoto zoom lens. It is optimized for DX-format cameras, and can be used with FX-format cameras in DX Crop Mode. It is ideal for travel and everyday use.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Vibration Reduction II (VR II): The built-in Vibration Reduction II (VR II) technology improves image stability, reducing blur by compensating for camera shake. It can be effectively used in low-light situations, telephoto and macro shooting, and D-movie recording. When Vibration Reduction is engaged, you can shoot at shutter speeds up to 4-stops slower than those without VR. The Vibration Reduction feature is accomplished through the use of voice coil motors (VCMs), and can be turned on or off via a switch on the lens barrel.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. If you want to enable auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on the lens needs to be set to "A". With most Nikon D-SLRs, the lens gives you a manual override option, allowing you to rotate the separate focus ring while pressing the shutter release halfway.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 7-blade diaphragm.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S DX lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Focal Length: 55-200mm
- Filter Diameter: 52mm
- Lens Construction: 13 elements in 9 groups (including 1 ED lens element)
- Closest Focus Distance: 3.7' (1.1m)
- Focusing Method: Internal Focusing (IF) system; AutoFocus using a Silent Wave Motor, and manually by a separate focus ring
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22 (at 55mm); f/5.6 to f/32 (at 200mm)
- Zoom Ratio: 3.6x
- Angle of View (DX Format): 28°50' at 55mm; 8° at 200mm
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.768", Length: 3.582" (4.183" w/caps)
- Weight: approximately 10.6 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Wanted to extend the range of the lens that came with the Nikon D3400. The cheaper 70-300mm lens did not have the VR stability [ Richard May 12, 2018 ]
Special Pricing [ Walter Cap Feb 24, 2018 ]
The kit I received from you last year has worked out well for my daughter, and she wants to play with a new lens now, so of course I came back. [ Jeffrey Dec 07, 2017 ]
I had read multiple reviews of this camera and also spoke to people who owned it and after seeing the pictures they took and how much they liked it and the great price, I decided that it would meet my needs for many years. [ Keith Nov 28, 2017 ]
Excellent reviews [ Bill Jun 28, 2017 ]
I have other full size Nikon lenses with VR and they are top notch [ ROBERT Apr 27, 2017 ]
The brand, lense size, and impressed with what I read on your website. Thank you. [ Kathleen Feb 25, 2017 ]
my d90 nikon was stolen with this lense [ Darryl Feb 02, 2017 ]
I need a telephoto lens to complement the normal lens of the camera I purchased [ JAIME Mar 10, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
Crutchfield is located in Virginia. [ Krissy Apr 30, 2018 ] Staff
I bought this lens several years ago and do not know where it shipped from [ THOMAS A Apr 23, 2018 ]