Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM
Telephoto zoom lens for Canon EOS M series mirrorless cameras (Black)
Item # 280M55200 | MFR # 9517B002
$349.00 Earn up to 349 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A close companion
Whether you use it to film a performance from the back of an auditorium or to capture still shots of wildlife, the Canon EF-M 55-200mm STM zoom lens goes the distance so you can get closer to the action and bring home clear, sharp photos and smooth videos. The lens's stepping motor (STM) makes autofocusing smooth, fast, and quiet. At just 9.2 ounces, this is a telephoto you can take with you on long nature walks without being weighed down. This lens has the range to capture the details of your immediate surroundings as well as more distant subjects and scenes. Canon's Image Stabilization system ensures sharp handheld shots in nearly any light, and full-time manual focus lets you make adjustments after autofocusing.
- Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens
- designed for use with Canon EOS M series mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 88-320mm
- compact, lightweight design
- stepping motor (STM) provides smooth and quiet continuous autofocus for video recording and shooting photos
- 1 aspherical and one UD (ultra-low dispersion) element for excellent image quality throughout the zoom range
- available full-time manual focusing (automatically overrides autofocus)
- constructed of 17 elements in 11 groups
- minimum focus distance: 3.3'
- 7-blade circular aperture for smooth background defocusing
- filter diameter: 52mm
- lens is 2-7/16" in diameter, 3-5/8" long
- weight: 9.2 oz.
- front and rear lens caps
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM (graphite)
- E-52 II Front lens cap (installed)
- EB Rear dust cap (installed)
- Warranty/Registration Card
Overview: The Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens is an EF-M series, telephoto zoom lens for Canon EOS M cameras, such as the EOS M3 and EOS M10. It has the EF-M mount, which is compatible only with EOS M cameras.
Stepping Motor (STM): The lens is equipped with a stepping motor (STM), which provides smooth and quiet continuous auto focus during video shooting.
Image Stabilization (IS): The built-in Image Stabilization system helps to prevent blurred images from camera shake when capturing still or motion photography handheld. The optical image stabilizer technology provides an equivalent shutter speed 3.5 stops faster. There is no IS switch on the lens, so you must turn on the Image Stabilization system in the camera's menu.
Aperture: The EF-M 55-200mm has a 7-blade circular aperture, which delivers soft-focus backgrounds.
Focusing Ring: Whether you're in auto focus or manual focus mode on the camera, the full-time manual focusing feature allows you to focus on the subject using the focus ring on the lens. There is no focus mode switch on the lens.
Optional Lens Hood/Case: The optional ET-54B lens hood can be added to keep unwanted light out of the lens, while protecting the lens from rain, snow, and dust. The optional LP816 lens case will protect the lens when not in use.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 (35mm equivalent: 88-320mm)
- Lens Construction: 11 groups, 17 elements (including one aspheric lens element and one UD lens element)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22-32
- Maximum Magnification: 0.21x (at 200mm)
- Filter Diameter: 52mm
- Field of View: approx. 9.76" x 14.76" to 2.87" x 4.29" (at 3.28')
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 27°50' to 7°50'
- Vertical: 15°40' to 4°20'
- Horizontal: 23°20' to 6°30'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.28'
- Diameter: 2.391"
- Length: 3.601" (4.194" with caps)
- Weight: 9.2 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Needed a zoom lens for my new camera... [ BRIAN Sep 02, 2018 ]