Rapco Horizon StageMASTER Series Snake
16-channel 100-foot snake with XLR returns
Our take on the Rapco Horizon StageMASTER Series Snake by Crutchfield's Alexander Hrabe
A snake you can trust
RapcoHorizon designed the StageMASTER Series snake for working musicians on a budget. The rugged steel stage box provides excellent shielding and protection for the nylon XLR inputs and returns, and it features a black powder-coat finish with white channel ID numbers. This 100-foot snake includes a fan with 16 metal XLR connectors and four XLR returns, and the individual channels on the fan are protected by heat-shrink tubing and color-coded for easy identification.
- 100-foot snake with 16 mic channels and 4 XLR returns
- individually shielded 24-gauge pairs
- color-coded fan with channel number ID
- nylon strain relief for cable
- nylon "D" Series-type connectors on stage box
- rugged metal connectors on the fan end
- warranty: 1 year limited
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 20-channel StageMASTER audio snake with 100' cable with 4 XLR returns
Overview: The Rapco Horizon StageMASTER-series SMC1604FBX-100 is a 100-foot, 20-channel (16 x 4) audio snake for running multiple microphone and instrument cables from the console to the stage or studio. The snake features 20 high-quality XLR connectors and a sturdy stage box with silk-screened channel indicators (1 through 16, A through D).
Construction: The SMC1604FBX-100 has the following components:
- Stage Box: The 18-gauge steel stage box has 16 female and 4 male Neutrik XLR connectors on the top panel. The box features 3" x 11-1/8" sides and 2-1/2" x 6-3/4" ends. The cables exit the back end, and has a sturdy plastic strain relief. The stage box has four 3/4" diameter, screw-on rubber feet.
- Main Cable: The snake features a 100-foot length of Pro Co Duralink DLAC 20 cable with twenty 24-gauge conductor pairs. The main cable has a thick rubber protective jacket.
- Fan: The individual conductor pairs are color-coded into five groups: black (1-4), white (5-8), red (9-12), yellow (13-16), and blue (A-D returns). Each group of conductor pairs has a 4" plastic sleeve where they exit the main cable. This makes the individual pairs easy to organize. On the fan end, each individual cable is approximately 30" long.
- XLR Connectors: Each of the individual channel pairs features a metal REAN XLR connector with rubber grip/strain relief. Just before each connector is a white plastic sleeve, silkscreened with the channel number. The sleeve is covered by a clear sleeve to keep the number from rubbing off.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.