HDMI cable kit for connecting smartphones to select Alpine receivers
Item # 500KCU610H | MFR # KCU-610HD
$49.99 Earn up to 50 Rewards points
Our take on the Alpine KCU-610HD by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Use this Alpine cable package to connect an Android® phone or iPhone® to compatible Alpine receivers with an HDMI connection, including the X008, X009, and INE-W957HD navigation receivers. The package includes:
a 5-foot HDMI cable (male HDMI type-A connector on each end);
an 8-inch microHDMI-to-HDMI cable (male microHDMI type-D connector to female HDMI type-A connector);
an 8-inch microUSB-to-USB cable (male microUSB type-B connector to male USB type-A connector);
an HDMI connection bracket.
Check the Details tab to see if this cable kit will work with your smartphone. Warranty: 1 year.
Note: Sorry, Crutchfield cannot ship Alpine products to Guam or Puerto Rico.
What's in the Box:
- 5' HDMI cable
- 8" microHDMI-to-HDMI adapter cable
- 8" microUSB-to-USB cable
- HDMI-connector bracket
Alpine KCU-610HD Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
HDMI Cable Kit: The Alpine KCU-610HD HDMI cable kit includes the following cables.
- 5' HDMI cable with a male HDMI type-A connector on each end
- 8" microHDMI-to-HDMI cable with a male microHDMI type-D connector on one end and a female HDMI type-A connector on other end
- 8" microUSB-to-USB cable with a male microUSB type-B connector on one end and a male USB type-A connector on other end
Note: A HDMI connector bracket is also included.
Compatibility: The Alpine KCU-610HD cable kit allows you to connect Apple iPod/iPhone devices and select Android smartphones to the HDMI input of select 2014-up Alpine navigation receivers; such as the X008, X009, X110, INE-W957HD, and INE-W967HD.
Connectivity: The Alpine KCU-610HD cable kit supports the following connectivity to Apple iPod/iPhone and Android smartphone devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone: The 5' HDMI cable of this kit is used in conjunctions with Alpine's KCU-471i Lightning cable (sold separately) and Apple's Lightning Digital AV Adapter (sold separately) in order to connect your Apple Lightning device (iPhone 5 or later) to your compatible Alpine navigation receiver. If you have a 30-pin iPhone 4/4S, then use Apple's 30-pin digital AV adapter and a 30-pin dock cable (both sold separately).
- Android Smartphone: Use all three cables to connect your older Android smartphone that features a separate microHDMI type-D port and a microUSB type-B port. The 5' HDMI cable and 8" microUSB-to-USB cable plug into the HDMI and USB ports on back of your compatible Alpine head unit. The microUSB-to-USB cable then plugs into your smartphone device. The HDMI cable will need to be plugged into the included 8" microHDMI-to-HDMI cable and then connected to your mobile device.
Note: Samsung smartphones are not supported. Newer Android smartphones with a USB-C connector are not supported.
Audio/Video Playback: Once you have the appropriate cables connection your iPod/iPhone device or Android smartphone to the compatible Alpine navigation receiver, you'll be able to mirror the mobile device's image and watch stored video and video apps (like Netflix) on the navigation head unit's touchscreen monitor (the parking brake of your vehicle must be engaged). Stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your smartphone device can be heard through your speaker system without the parking brake engaged; however, there is no song/artist information display unless the parking brake is engaged. There is no touchscreen control from the Alpine head unit; you will still continue to use your Apple iOS or Android device to select content, apps, and control playback.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
It was on sale and lowered the price on my Alpine X009-wra Receiver. [ John May 19, 2017 ]
1 question already asked
Hi, My understanding is that it will.. I have not personally used it yet [ JANSEN Jul 21, 2016 ]