TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music
Waterproof GPS activity tracker with built-in heart rate monitor and music memory
Item # 625SPACMBL | MFR # 1RKM.002.10
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Times have changed — for the better
If you ask me, the good old days are overrated. Used to be, when I laced up my shoes for a run, the only tool I had to measure performance was a stopwatch on my wrist. Heart rate tracking meant taking your pulse during a break. And if I wanted to listen to music, I had to carry a bulky cassette player. Tools like the TomTom Spark 3 Music + Cardio training watch remind me how far we've come.
Bluetooth headphones are included with the Spark3 Music + Cardio.
Training metrics and entertainment in one neat package
The Spark 3 Music + Cardio GPS training watch accurately measures and records your distance and pace, while a wrist-based hear rate monitor tracks your cardio effort — no need to wear old school chest straps. And the built-in memory and included Bluetooth® headphones really set this watch apart from crowd. A 3 GB memory lets you store up to 500 songs, so you can hit the road with the perfect mix without having to carry your phone.
Don't limit yourself to just running. Spark3 features swimming and cycling modes, plus a variety of settings that let you record your time at the gym when you're on the treadmill, spin cycling, and more. If you enjoy hitting the trails, Spark3 will track your route and show you the way back to where you've started. Spark3 also tracks your daily activities like steps and records your sleep patterns too.
Set your goals and share your progress
Whether you're prepping for a big race or building a better you, Spark3 is ready to help. You can set goals for steps, calories, distance, or activity time, and take advantage of custom interval training programs to build your edge. Spark3 uploads automatically to the MySports app, so you can share info with other popular fitness apps and your circle of training partners.
- GPS running watch
- built-in heart rate monitor with five training zones
- 3 GB memory holds up to 500 songs
- Bluetooth headphones included
- multisport modes for a variety of activities
- 24/7 activity tracking
- fits wrist size 145-206 mm
- 22 x 25 mm LCD display
- water rated to 5 ATM
- built-in battery allows up to 3 weeks activity tracking and 5 hours with GPS, heart rate, and music enabled
- automatic workout uploads to smartphones via MySports app
- customizable workouts and interval training modes
- charging cable included
- weight 1.76 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Fitness GPS watch with built-in heart rate monitor and 3 GB flash memory (black / large)
- Charging cradle with 33" USB cable (Type A USB)
- Bluetooth in-ear headphones with 14" connecting cable
- 3 Pairs of ear buds (1 pair installed on headphones)
- 22" Headphone charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Rubber cable tie
- Quick Guide
- Legal and Safety Information
- Headphone user manual
TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music GPS fitness watch helps you keep track of your fitness activities throughout your day. It has a built-in Heart Rate Monitor located on the back of the watch, which allows you to see your heart rate on the display. The watch also has a built-in flash memory of about 3 GB for storing music. The device will count your steps, measure your active minutes, calculate the distances you've covered, count calories burned, and even measure your sleep. You can set activity goals and the Spark 3 Cardio + Music will keep up with your progress toward meeting those goals. The watch has a 5 ATM waterproof rating, which means you should be able to wear the device in most any weather conditions, and even in the pool. It is powered by a built-in Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery. This watch is for large wrists, with a circumference of 5.7" to 8.1".
Control Button: The watch has a single button that lets you maneuver through the various screens and functions. The button can be pressed up to open the Music screen, down to open the Settings menu, left to open the Activity Tracking menu, or right for the Activities menu.
Feedback: The Spark 3 Cardio + Music not only offers visual notifications while you're training, it also beeps, buzzes, and vibrates to let you know when you get an alert or have reached your goal.
Music: The Spark 3 Cardio + Music has a built-in 3 GB flash memory that allows you to store over 500 songs that you can listen to while you workout. A pair of Bluetooth wireless in-ear headphones is included, with three pairs of ear buds for the best fit. The headphones charge in approximately 2.5 hours via USB with the included charging cable. On-board controls on the right ear bud let you control volume and music playback. The watch supports MP3 and AAC music files with sampling rates up to 48 kHz and bit rates up to 320 kbps.
Voice Coach: The watch features a Voice Coach that alerts you through the wireless headphones while you are working out. When the watch beeps or buzzes with an alert, you will hear the Voice Coach in your ear. Music playback is briefly interrupted with a short message about reaching a percentage of your goal, training zones, or racing. If desired, you can change the language or turn off the Voice Coach in the watch menu.
Activities: The Spark 3 Cardio + Music can help you keep track of the following activities:
- Steps: The Spark 3 Cardio + Music can count the number of steps you take throughout the day. You can check the total steps for a day or week.
- Running: There is a wide range of metrics to choose while running, including heart rate, calories burned, speed, average speed, pace, average pace, and distance. The built-in GPS will also help you with your location and routes to run.
- Cycling: While cycling outdoors, you can log your speed, heart rate, and location. With the built-in, or an optional external heart rate sensor, you can review your heart rate while cycling. It is recommended that you use an optional bike mount so you can keep both hands on the handle bars.
- Swimming: The Spark 3 Cardio + Music is water-resistant, allowing you to swim while wearing it. Once you enter the pool size in meters or yards, you can calculate the distance, speed, and elapsed time of your swimming activity. The device can keep track of your strokes and the number of turns you make in the pool. The heart rate monitor does not operate under water.
- Treadmill: The device can keep track of your activities on the treadmill by registering the number of times you swing your arm back and forth, and how quickly. That matches the number of strides you take as you run. When you enter your height in your personal profile, the watch uses your height to calculate the length of your stride, and therefore the total distance you have run.
- Gym: When measuring your gym activities, you will need to decide what information you want to keep track of as you train. You can track calories burned, activity duration, and, depending upon the activity, speed, pace, and distance.
- Indoor: If you're cycling indoors, you can use the Spark 3 Cardio + Music to track your workout duration and your heart rate. With an optional Cadence and Speed Sensor, you can calculate your speed and distance, when you set the wheel size of your rear tire.
Interval Training: Interval training involves short periods of exercise followed by a resting period. Interval training helps you improve speed, endurance, and Cardio + Musicvascular fitness. The Spark 3 Cardio + Music can help you set up your interval training activities, and alert you while you're training when it's time to start the next stage of your activity.
Sleep Tracking: You can track your sleep with the Spark 3 Cardio + Music. Sleep is measured based on motion, and makes the assumption that if you are not moving after a certain time in the afternoon, you are asleep. All you need to do to track your sleep is wear the device. Sleep tracking is switched on by default. The watch will keep a cumulative count of the hours of sleep you get for each day and week. You can also upload your sleep activity to TomTom MySports.
Goals: The TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music lets you set training goals for your activities. As you train, the watch will alert you when you have reached the 50%, 90%, 100%, and 110% of your goal. Three types of goals can be set:
- Distance: You can set a goal to cover a specific distance during your activity. The distance goal can be set in miles or kilometers.
- Time: A time goal can be set to calculate the duration of an activity.
- Calories: Before setting a goal for calories burned, you should enter your age, height, weight, and gender info into your profile. This will provide a more accurate calculation of calories burned during your activity.
Display: The Spark 3 Cardio + Music has a monochrome LCD display that is 7/8" wide and 1" high. When you're not actively working out, the display shows the time and date.
TomTom MySports: TomTom offers two applications that can help you analyze your workouts and provide updates to your Spark 3 Cardio + Music GPS watch:
- MySports Connect: The MySports Connect application can be downloaded to your desktop computer or laptop. Through MySports Connect, you can update the software on your watch when new versions become available. You can also transfer your performance data to your computer. MySports Connect is compatible with Windows and Mac OS X.
- MySports Mobile App: The MySports app lets you sync your smartphone or tablet to your Spark 3 Cardio + Music via Bluetooth. The QuickGPSFix features helps your watch find your precise location quickly. You can also receive notifications from your phone on the Spark 3 Cardio + Music. MySports is compatible with iPhone and iPad running iOS 7.1 or later, and with Android devices running Android 4.3 and up.
Battery: The Spark 3 Cardio + Music has a built-in Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery that can provide up to 11 hours of battery life in the GPS mode while you're working out, and up to 9 hours in GPS and Heart Rate mode. In watch and activity tracking mode, the battery will last for up to 3 weeks between charges. The unit comes with a clip-on charging cradle with a 33" USB cable. You can plug the charging cable into a computer's USB port, or a USB smartphone charger to charge the battery.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
GPS, Heart Rate Monitor and Music what could be better! [ Mark Oct 28, 2016 ]
My son has one and loves it! I decided to get one for my husband for our anniversary. [ Debra Sep 09, 2016 ]