About the Sony XT-100HD
Love local radio? Then it's time to check out the crystal-clear reception and high-quality sound that HD Radio technology can bring to all your favorite AM/FM broadcasts. Just connect this external HD Radio tuner to your compatible Sony stereo and start enjoying AM that's as clear as FM, along with FM that's almost CD quality, on stations that have upgraded to the HD Radio format. Participating HD Radio stations can also broadcast text information (artist info, song titles, etc.), and this text will appear on the stereo's display.
Many of the upgraded radio stations broadcast one or more additional channels of programming along with their normal radio content. Radio stations use these extra channels to provide you with different musical or informational content. The XT-100HD lets you tune in these alternate channels.
Your car's antenna plugs directly into this tuner box, which then connects to the stereo's CD changer port. A pass-through connection lets you connect another piece of Sony stereo gear, too. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
- HD Radio tuner
- 6.5' Power harness (has an in-line 5A fuse)
- 76" Unilink Bus cable
- 77" Stereo RCA patch cable
- 74" Antenna extension cable (has a male Motorola connector on one end and a female Motorola connector on the other)
- Four 1/2" Mounting screws
- Instruction manual (English/Spanish)
- Warranty information
Customer reviews for Sony XT-100HD
Average review:4.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XT-100HD
HD Radio: HD Radio technology, where available, offers higher quality sound than conventional analog broadcasts and receives text data. HD Radio provides FM broadcasts that are equal to CD sound quality and AM broadcasts that are as good as analog FM stereo broadcasts. HD Radio also provides a variety of data, including station name, song title, artist name, album name, etc.
Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8 and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
Compatibility: The XT-100HD tuner is compatible with most Sony UniLink Bus controlling head units produced in 2005 and later.
Preset Memory: Once connected, all AM and FM broadcasts are received by the XT-100HD. HD appears as an additional source, with five preset banks; HD1 (FM1), HD2 (FM2), HD3 (FM3), HD4 (AM1), and HD5 (AM2).
CD Changer Pass-Thru: The HD tuner uses the CD changer input on the Sony head unit. You can also add a CD changer, or other UniLink device, using the CD changer pass-through connection on the tuner.
Note: The Sony XA-110iP or XA-120iP iPod adapter is not compatible with the XT-100HD's UniLink input.
Front Panel of Tuner:
- Power: 3-pin jack for use with supplied power harness
- UniLink Bus Output: connect to head unit using supplied UniLink cable
- UniLink Bus Input: connect to additional UniLink device
- Audio Output: connect to head unit using supplied RCA patch cord
- Audio Input: connect to additional UniLink device
- Antenna: Motorola antenna input jack; connects to the existing antenna using the supplied antenna extension cable