Electro-Voice EVID 3.2T
Dual 3-1/2" weather resistant surface mount speakers for distributed audio systems (White)
Item # 971EVD32TW | MFR # EVID 3.2TW
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Electro-Voice EVID 3.2T by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A hideaway speaker with great sound
This compact surface mount speaker provides a flexible solution for piping sound indoors and out in your place of business. Dual 3-1/2" woofers and 3/4" tweeter ensure customers can hear you paging them to their tables, and and enjoy pleasant background music. The cabinet and grille are paintable to match your decor, and the included Strong-Arm Mount™ lets you aim the speaker once it's in place. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
Get a free system design
- weather-resistant surface-mounted speakers with dual 3-1/2" woofers and 3/4" titanium tweeter
- handles up to 75 watts continuous power in a distributed audio system
- frequency response: 85-20,000 Hz (-10 dB)
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- compatible with 70V or 100V systems
- 5 watts at 70 volts
- 10 watts at 100 volts
- included Strong-Arm Mount™ hardware lets you aim the speaker after it's mounted
- 5"W x 9-1/4"H x 6-1/2"D
- weight: 3.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Indoor/Outdoor surface mount loudspeakers
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 2 Speaker terminal blocks
- 2 Large logo caps
- 2 Small logo caps
- 2 Screws 2 Washers
- Owner's Manual
- "Warranty & Service Addresses" card
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||3|
|Woofer Size (inches)||3.5|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|System Frequency response||85-20k|
|Peak Power rating||0|
Indoor/Outdoor Surface-Mount Speaker: The EV EVID 3.2T is a compact full-range loudspeaker ideal for indoor and outdoor applications requiring high-quality sound. Its shape and size make it nearly invisible for use in background/foreground music systems for restaurants, bars, patios, retail, and other applications.
Two-Way Driver System: The EV EVID 3.2T indoor/outdoor surface-mount loudspeaker utilize a two-way driver design with a 0.75" titanium diaphragm HF driver with neodymium magnetic structure and two 3.5" low-frequency woofers. The loudspeaker's elliptical-shaped baffle symmetrically locates the tweeter in front of and between the two woofers for greater sound coverage.
Bass Reflex Design: The EV EVID 3.2T utilizes a bass reflex cabinet with two front-firing port for higher efficiency and extended bass response.
Weather-Resistant ABS Enclosure: The indoor/outdoor loudspeaker features a weather-resistant ABS enclosure which conforms to Mil Spec 810 and IEC 529 IP 34. The included grilles are zinc-plated. The EVID 3.2T is available in a black or white finish, and can be painted.
70V/100V Transformer: The indoor/outdoor surface-mount speaker includes a 70V (5W)/100V (10W) transformer for use in distributed-line systems.
Screw-Down Terminals: Each indoor/outdoor surface mount speaker comes with a 4-pin phoenix-style, plug-in terminal block which features screw-down terminals for your speaker wire (up to 14AWG). The 4-pin connector provides for a pass-through audio connection to daisy-chain a line of speakers.
SAM (Strong-Arm-Mount) System: The EVID 3.2T employs EV's SAM (Strong-Arm-Mount) System which is simple, quick, versatile, and reliable. It installs in 3 easy steps - attach the surface bracket to the wall or ceiling; attach the speaker's enclosure to the bracket with the socket-head bolt; aim the enclosure and tighten the bolt. The SAM bracket can be mounted on either side of the speaker, enabling optimal configuration for any installation.
- Vertical or Horizontal Orientation: The SAM bracket system can be used to hang the speaker vertically or horizontally.
- Full Rotation: The SAM system allows greater flexibility for aiming than ball-type mounts that limit range of motion when not on center. Typical ball designs have limited rotation when pointing straight ahead, and even that is reduced when the enclosure contacts the wall and is moved off axis. By contrast, SAM allows full rotation even at full sweep.
Eyebolt: The rear of the enclosure includes an eyebolt for connection to a security & safety restraint.
Applications: The EV EVID 3.2T indoor/outdoor surface-mount loudspeakers are ideal for restaurants, bars, patios, and retail spaces.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.