DJI Inspire 2 (no controller or camera included)
Professional-level quadcopter with advanced image processing
Our take on the DJI Inspire 2 (no controller or camera included) by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
This drone works hard and plays hard
The DJI Inspire 2 is an amazing machine. It's a highly responsive flyer, and it can be accessorized to meet your needs. When you buy the aircraft body only, you can choose which compatible camera to use, and decide which remote controller suits your needs — be they professional, pure fun, or both.
The DJI Inspire 2 is a fast, intelligent flying machine that's loaded with advanced tools and compatible with high-end control and photography accessories.
4K — and above — image processing
The Inspire 2 is no toy. It's equipped with a CineCore 2.0 image processing system that works exceptionally well with the with optional Zenmuse X5S camera to capture stunning Ultra HD footage (There's an on-board FPV camera for piloting views and obstacle sensing; main camera not included.)
It can certainly handle 4K, but it can do even more than that. Imagine shooting aerial scenes with 5.2K resolution — it's a level of detail and stunning accuracy few other airborne cameras can match.
DJI's Lightbridge technology lets you transmit up to 1080p video from a range of up to 4.3 miles away. It can feed video to the pilot and camera operator simultaneously through a dual-band Wi-Fi® connection.
DJI's Cendence controller offers maximum control of all of the aircraft's features.
Fly faster and longer
The Inspire 2 is a versatile tool for filmmakers and other professionals, so it has to perform in the field. It reaches a top speed of 58 miles per hour in just under 5 seconds. Increased battery life keeps it aloft for up to 27 minutes at a time — a real boon for capturing that all-important action shot, surveying crops, or scoping out terrain before sending in a rescue party. The Inspire 2 even has battery warming technology, so it can operate efficiently in the cold.
Intelligent flight modes
Even the best pilot can use a little help, especially when the job demands precision. The Inspire 2 can automatically track a chosen subject while it's in flight with Spotlight Pro mode. Tough shots can be simplified by using additional modes like Point of Interest, Waypoint, QuickSpin, TapFly and ActiveTrack.
The Inspire 2 even keeps itself safe, using vision sensors, infrared scanning, and terrain monitors to avoid obstacles. Smart Return Home mode lets it avoid anything in its path, even when it's automatically flying back to its launch point.
- remote-controlled flying quadcopter drone with advanced image processing
- no controller or camera included
- 360° gimbal mount is compatible with Zenmuse X5 and X5S cameras (not included)
- CineCore 2.0 image processing system:
- captures up to 5.2K Ultra HD footage at 30 fps
- FAT32/ExFAT universal file system
- records video simultaneously to DJI CINESSD and microSD card (not included)
- uses GLONASS and GPS as a dual-positioning system to get higher precision and quicker satellite acquisition
- light magnesium/aluminum composite airframe with carbon fiber arms
- max. speed of 58 miles per hour
- built-in 2-axis FPV camera for pilot's FPV view and obstacle sensing
- intelligent flight modes include Point of Interest, Waypoint, QuickSpin, TapFly and ActiveTrack
- self-heating dual-battery configuration
- built-in sensors help avoid obstacles during flight
- up to 27 minutes of flight time on a full battery charge
- Note: The FAA requires users to register their drones. State and/or local laws may also restrict the use of this drone in certain areas.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee