Microphone adapter kit
Item # 158XLRK2M | MFR # XLRK2M
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Sony XLR-K2M by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Add a microphone to your Sony camera
If your Sony camcorder or DSLR has a multi interface shoe, this microphone adapter kit can open up a whole new world of high-quality sound in your videos. The XLR-K2M kit allows you to capture pro-quality audio without the need for a separate mount or audio recorder. The multi interface shoe provides power and passes audio signals directly to your camera for recording internally.
The directional mic allows you to focus on what's going on in front of the camera, from dialogue to birdsong. An included screen keeps wind noise from becoming a problem, and the sturdy mount prevents noise from external vibration. Controls built into the side of the mount allow you to make precise adjustments as you go.
- lightweight microphone with adapter for select Sony cameras, including RX and a7 series
- mounts directly to camera's multi interface shoe for power and audio connection
- adapter features 2 XLR balanced audio inputs
- +48V phantom power for use with condenser mics
- precise controls built into adapter casing
- includes ECM-XM1 shotgun mic
- included screen reduces wind noise
- no batteries required
- protective case included
- 4-11/16"W x 4-1/8"H x 3"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- ECM-XM1 condenser microphone with attached 13" cable (XLR plug)
- XLR-A2M XLR adapter
- Shoe protective cap (installed)
- Wind screen
- Zippered storage case
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty (US)
- Consumer Warranty (Canada)
Sony XLR-K2M Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The XLR-K2M XLR adapter kit is made for Sony interchangeable lens cameras and camcorders that are equipped with a Multi-Interface Shoe. The XLR-A2M XLR adapter provides 2 XLR microphone inputs, a mic holder, and a control panel for adjusting the settings for the microphone inputs. The kit also includes the ECM-XM1 Electret Condenser Microphone, a wind screen, and a zippered storage case.
XLR Adapter: The XLR-A2M is designed to fit into the Multi-Interface Shoe found on select Sony interchangeable lens cameras and some camcorders. It has a shock-resistant microphone holder with a secure clamp-type closure. The holder is compatible with microphones with a shaft diameter of approximately 1". The adapter's two female XLR microphone inputs allow you to connect up to two microphones. Both of the inputs have a cover to keep out dirt and moisture when not in use.
Control Panel: The control panel on the side of the XLR-A2M adapter has the following controls for the two XLR inputs:
- Rec CH Select: This switch lets you select which channel is to be recorded. If you select CH1, the audio from Input 1 is recorded on Channel 1 and Input 2 is recorded on Channel 2. If you select CH1-CH2, the audio from Input 1 is recorded on both Channels 1 and 2. This lets you send a dual mono signal to the recording.
- Independent Controls: Controls are provided for each
- Auto/Manual Level: The audio level is set automatically when the switch is in the AUTO position. In the MAN position, the audio level is set manually between 0 and 10 using the potentiometer.
- Attenuator: You can select the degree of attenuation: 0dB, 10dB, or 20dB.
- Input Type: You can choose from Line, Mic, or Mic +48V. The Mic +48V setting provide +48 volts of phantom power to the input connector for condenser microphones (like the supplied ECM-XM1).
- Low Cut: To reduce the effects of wind noise, you can engage a low-cut filter.
Microphone: The ECM-XM1 Electret Condenser Microphone has a directional polar pattern, and is ideal for weddings, interviews, and nature photography. The microphone is 13/16" is diameter, 6-3/8" in length, and has a short (13") XLR cable. It has a rubber sleeve that fits into the XLR adapter's mic holder, and protects the microphone from low frequency vibration noise. A "furry" windscreen is included.
Power Requirements: The XLR-A2M XLR adapter and the ECM-XM1 Condenser Microphone both receive power from the camera through the Multi-Interface Shoe. No batteries are required. While the adapter and microphone are in use, you should monitor the camera's battery level.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Works with specific camera [ John Feb 25, 2017 ]