Bose® FreeSpace® 360P II
In-ground commercial speaker
Our take on the Bose® FreeSpace® 360P II by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
An outdoor speaker that blends into the landscape
The Bose FreeSpace 360P II environmental speaker is rugged enough to stay outside all the time, and it can be hidden out of sight or partially buried so it doesn't interfere with your property's landscaping. Its 4-1/2" full-range driver and clever 360-degree horizontal distribution pattern ensures that customers in outdoor spaces hear high-quality music and clear, intelligible announcements.
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors and accessories that are designed to work together.
The lineup includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- EdgeMax™ in-ceiling speakers for mounting in high corners and near walls
- rugged, adaptable PowerShare amplifiers
- clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- robust MB subwoofers
Our system designers can help you choose the right mix of products to customize a system that sounds amazing in your unique space.
Get a free system design
- weather-resistant 4-1/2" advance composite environmental full-range driver
- can be mounted above ground or partially buried
- domed grille offers 360° horizontal sound dispersion
- handles 80 watts continuous program power
- 70/100-volt transformer taps at 10, 20, 40 and 80 watts
- 4-ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- frequency response: 70-10,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 87dB
- 106dB maximum SPL
- 14-1/2" diameter x 14-15/16" height
- weight: 14.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- One outdoor speaker
- 8 Wire-nuts
- Installation guide
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||N/A|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||70-10,000|
|Power rating||80 Watts|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Bose FreeSpace 360P Series II is a full-range, 70/100 volt environmental loudspeaker designed to blend with landscaping for in-ground or above-ground applications such as outdoor malls, restaurant patios, resorts, and theme parks. The 360P consists of a single 4.5" full-range driver in a ported enclosure that gives 360˚ of horizontal and 50˚ of vertical coverage with a frequency response that goes down to 60 Hz.
Enclosure: Housed in a heavy duty, glass-reinforced, polypropylene enclosure with a composite driver, the 360P is able to withstand snow, rain, salt and temperatures ranging from 158˚F to -40˚F. The freestanding design with simplified mounting allows for fast and secure installation to the ground or attached to a horizontal concrete or wood surface. It can also be semi-buried up to 6.5", so that only the top half of the speaker is visible. The cabinet shape acts as an acoustic diffuser directing mid and high frequencies out towards listeners. The base of the speaker acts as a tuned, multi-chambered ported enclosure while the domed port grill reflects sound into the listening area for clear, consistent performance. Three screw holes around the base of the speaker allow it to be secured to a mounting surface for tamper-resistance.
70/100 Volt: The FreeSpace 360P is rated for 80 watt RMS (320 peak) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems. A built-in wiring pig-tail includes individual wires for each of the tap settings (in lieu of a tap "dial") as well as the input wires. Eight wire-nuts are provided for connections. These have sealed slots where the wire is inserted and are filled with dielectric grease to help prevent wire corrosion.The following wattages are available for both 70 and 100 volt applications: 10 W, 20 W, 40 W, and 80 W.
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 70 Hz - 10 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 60 Hz - 15 kHz
- Nominal Dispersion: 360˚ H x 50˚ V
- Recommended High-Pass Filter: 60 Hz high-pass
- Overload Protection: PTC
- Power Handling: 80 W (320 W peak)
- Sensitivity: 87 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 100 dB SPL (106 db SPL peak)
- Nominal Impedance: 4Ω (transformer bypassed)
- Transformer Taps (70/100 V): 10 W, 20 W, 40 W, 80 W
- Driver: 4.5" full-range, environmental driver
- Enclosure: Glass-reinforced polypropylene, textured
- Environmental: Outdoor per IEC 529 IP35
- Connectors: External multi-wire cable (18 AWG) with included wire nuts
- Dimensions: Diameter - 14.50", Height - 15.0"
- Weight: 14.5 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.