"High Speed with Ethernet" HDMI cable, in-wall rated (5 meters/16.4 feet)
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the AudioQuest Pearl by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
The latest home theater technologies look and sound amazing, but to enjoy them you'll need an advanced HDMI cable like the AudioQuest Pearl. It's rated "High Speed with Ethernet," so it can carry the highest-resolution video available — all the way up to 4K at 60 frames per second. Connecting your components with AQ Pearl is a great way to ensure that your system will deliver the best performance from the most advanced video formats, both today and in the future.
Supports 3D TV and 4K
Pearl is one of AudioQuest's most affordable HDMI cables, but it's made with premium materials throughout to maximize the crystal-clear picture and sound quality available from the latest high-definition digital sources. AudioQuest HDMI cables are designed to carry 100% of the data required for all of HDMI's current audio/video features including 1080p and 4K video, HDR, and multichannel high-resolution audio. (For the most data-intensive sources, like 4K with HDR, Crutchfield recommends a maximum length of 5 meters for copper-based HDMI cables.)
Of course, AudioQuest Pearl is also fully backward-compatible with HDMI 1.3 and earlier cables. Bit Error Rate testing ensures that every cable passes signals as accurately as possible.
Solid core conductors for better signal transfer
Audiophiles and videophiles have come to expect superior build quality from AudioQuest cables and the Pearl design is no exception. High-purity copper, solid-core conductors ensure that every bit of picture and sound information makes it to your gear — something that can be a challenge for poorer-quality cables, especially at longer lengths.
Safe for in-wall installation
If you want a clean, professional look with your custom home theater system, in-wall cables are a great option. This HDMI cable from AudioQuest can be safely run inside your walls and ceilings.
- supports HDMI version 1.4 and 2.0 features:
- maximum bandwidth of 18Gbps
- 1080p and 4K video @ 60p
- bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- audio return channel for sending Dolby® Digital sound from an HDTV back to an A/V receiver
- 28-gauge solid-core, high-purity Long Grain Copper conductors for superior signal transfer
- solid polyethylene insulation
- white, in-wall rated PVC jacket
- gold-plated contacts resist corrosion
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 5-Meter HDMI-to-HDMI cable (with clear plastic protectors on each connector)
Great cable! Amazing picture.
Damon, Ogden, UT
AudioQuest Pearl Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
HDMI 2.0 Certified: The AudioQuest Pearl HDMI cable fully complies with the HDMI 2.0 specification and supports the ultra high speed 18Gbps bandwidth for 4K UHD, HDR, high resolution multichannel audio, ARC, and Ethernet compatibility.
- 4K UHD: Supports resolutions up to 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4x the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution, for the ultimate video experience. With stunning 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) detail is strikingly sharper.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): High Dynamic Range (HDR) reproduces a wider range of brightness levels than conventional video, which brings a deeper contrast to the screen, greater color intensity without being oversaturated, and incredible detail in low-light images. Watching movies and TV shows mastered in HDR will give you a vivid new viewing experience filled with brilliant color and dramatic contrast.
- High Resolution Multichannel Audio: Supports lossless high resolution multichannel audio - including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, and DTS HD.
- Audio Return Channel (ARC): Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) which allows an HDMI-connected TV with a built-in tuner to send audio data "upstream" to a surround audio system, eliminating the need for a separate audio cable.
- Ethernet Enabled: Provides high-speed networking to it HDMI link, allowing you to take full advantage of your IP-enabled devices without a separate Ethernet cable.
Note: AudioQuest HDMI cables over 8 meters (26' 3") are only standard speed with support up to 1080p video (not 4K).
Quality Construction: The Pearl HDMI cable features quality construction to maximize video and audio performance.
- Solid Long-Grain Copper (LGC) Conductors: Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion. Pearl's solid Long-Grain Copper allows a smoother and clearer sound than cables using regular OFHC (Oxygen-Free High-Conductivity) copper. OFHC is a general metal industry specification regarding "loss" without any concern for distortion. LGC has fewer oxides within the conducting material, less impurities, less grain boundaries, and definitively better performance.
- Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation: Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy (loss). Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. Pearl HDMI uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. Thanks to all the air in Foamed-PE, it causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
- Gold-Plated Connectors: The Audioquest HDMI cable features gold-plated HDMI standard size (Type-A) connectors for maximum signal transfer.
Directionality: All AQ HDMI cables are directional. The correct direction is determined by listening to every batch of metal conductors used in every AudioQuest HDMI cable. Arrows are clearly marked on the connectors to ensure superior sound quality.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
In wall installation for clean look [ James Oct 11, 2018 ]
Research indicated they are high quality. [ John Jan 17, 2018 ]
Connecting OPPO 203 to LG OLED via Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A870 and wanted a quality HDMI cable with out breaking the bank. I have been very happy with AudioQuest in the past. [ Steven Nov 08, 2017 ]
Quality product for a great price [ BRIAN Apr 23, 2017 ]
Good brand , high quality product [ Fyodor Nov 13, 2016 ]
AudioQuest quality in the length I needed. [ Myron May 06, 2016 ]
The color (white) will blend in with the light carpet and wall paint in my home. [ greyscale Apr 21, 2016 ]
Looking for a quality high speed HDMI cable. [ Mario Mar 28, 2016 ]
I needed a high quality, long, in wall HDMI cable for a permanent installation. I didn't want to have to worry about poor quality once the wall was closed up and access would mean wall demolition. [ Fred Jul 29, 2018 ]
Rated best hdmi cable for long runs [ Donna Aug 02, 2016 ]
reliable [ om Jul 11, 2016 ]
to link my projector to my receiver through the wall [ N May 19, 2016 ]
I bought a set of chocolate cables before and bought other cables at same price range and did not hold up like the audioquest chocolate so I figured pearl has to be as good [ Sergio Feb 10, 2016 ]