NETGEAR Nighthawk™ Wi-Fi® Range Extender
AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit (EX7000)
From Netgear: Get Complete Home Wireless Internet Coverage with WiFi Range Extenders
Our take on the NETGEAR Nighthawk™ Wi-Fi® Range Extender by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
High-speed wireless extender for the home office
The layout of my house can be somewhat unforgiving when it comes to network performance. The wireless router is situated on the ground floor to ensure smooth video streaming on the television, while the desk we sit at to write bills and get other work done is located in a quiet room upstairs. Sometimes the wireless signal is weak and spotty at that all-important location. That's the sort of problem the NETGEAR EX7000/AC 1900 was designed to fix.
This desktop extender can amplify your wireless signal in areas that sit on the outer edges of your router's range. You'll get dual band Wi-Fi at speeds up to 1900 Mbps, so you can teleconference, stream video, and download software from any room in the house. A dual-core 1GHz processor keeps your data moving quickly, and three external antennas ensures wide coverage in previously underserved areas of the house.
- desktop 802.11ac dual-band Gigabit wireless range extender
- can be placed in horizontal or space-saving vertical orientation
- extends 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi signals from existing routers for better range
- 700mW amplifier offers wider range for boosted signal
- AC1900 Wi-Fi (600+1300 Mbps)
- dual-core 1GHz processor for maximum Wi-Fi performance
- three external antennas
- five 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- USB 3.0 port allows remote access to connected drive
- smart LED indicators help with ideal placement of module
- FastLane™ feature provides high-speed Wi-Fi on both wireless bands for HD gaming and video streaming
- Push 'N' Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup® (WPS)1
- security: Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK) and WEP
- 6-7/8"W x 9-15/16"H x 1-1/4"D (vertical orientation)
- weight: 1.44 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- WiFi range extender
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 Antennas
- Vertical stand
- 4 Rubber feet
- Quick Start Guide. "Getting Started" sheet
This extender does just what it's supposed to do. We had spots in our house and patio that had weak WiFi. With the Netgear Nighthawk we now have WiFI everywhere we need it.
ALFRED, Powell, OH
NETGEAR Nighthawk™ Wi-Fi® Range Extender Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
WiFi Range Extender: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Range Extender (EX7000) boosts your existing network range & speed, delivering extreme dual band WiFi up to 1900Mbps. The 700mW high-powered amplifiers provide extreme range, while the dual-core 1GHz processor enables maximum WiFi performance. It works with any standard WiFi router & is ideal for HD video streaming & online gaming. Get the whole-home connectivity you need for your smartphones, tablets, computers, laptops & more.
Applications: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Range Extender is perfect for extending the WiFi range of your home network, improving your wireless network's WiFi speed, and providing extra connectivity for local network devices.
- Dead Zones: Is there a void space between your WiFi router and your devices? Add a WiFi Range Extender and strengthen your connection for ultimate experience in connectivity.
- Improve WiFi Speeds: Improve your mobile WiFi speeds by up to 100% with AC1900 WiFi Range Extender.
- WiFi Bridge: With five Gigabit ports that act as a WiFi bridge, the AC1900 WiFi Range Extender is also ideal for connecting up to five devices like gaming consoles, smart TVs and streaming players to your WiFi network.
Extended Range & Performance: Dual core processor, 700mW high-powered amplifiers & three external antennas help extend WiFi coverage throughout larger homes and even into backyards. Ideal for HD video streaming and gaming, the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Range Extender gives you powerful whole-home connectivity.
- Dual-Core 1GHz Processor: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Range Extender is equipped with a dual-core 1GHz processor that enables maximum WiFi performance.
- Dual-Band WiFi: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 features dual-band WiFi (2.4/5GHz) with up to 1900Mbps speeds.
- High Power Amplifiers w/ External Antennas: The Nighthawk AC1900 employs 700mW high-power amplifiers and 3 external antennas for extreme range and maximum signal coverage.
802.11ac: The extender supports the 802.11ac networking standard. This new standard offers better speed, improved reliability, and more range than older WiFi networking standards. The extender is also backward compatible with earlier WiFi a/b/g/n standards. However, to get the benefits of 802.11ac, your WiFi router must support the 802.11ac WiFi networking standard. In comparison, the latest 802.11ac WiFi standard is 3x faster than the older 802.11n WiFi standard.
FastLane Technology: FastLane technology improves performance using both WiFi bands. Get the most out of your HD entertainment with FastLane technology. With FastLane technology, the extender connects to your router using one band and connects to your devices using another band. Because a band is dedicated to each function, performance is enhance. FastLane Technology is ideal for HD streaming & online gaming. When you enable FastLane Technology, two options are available.
- Use the 2.4 GHz band to connect the extender to the WiFi devices and use the 5 GHz band to connect the extender to the WiFi router. Use this mode if your WiFi router supports the 5 GHz band but the devices that you want to use for gaming and streaming support the 2.4 GHz band.
- Use the 5 GHz band to connect the extender to the WiFi devices and use the 2.4 GHz band to connect the extender to the WiFi router. Use this mode if the devices that you want to use for gaming and streaming support the 5 GHz band but your WiFi router supports the 2.4 GHz band.
Note: If all your devices and your WiFi router support only the 2.4 GHz band, or all your devices and your WiFi router support only the 5 GHz band, do not enable FastLane Technology.
Access Point Mode w/ 5 Gigabit LAN Ports: Access Point mode creates a WiFi hotspot using a wired Ethernet connection. You can use the extender in access point mode as a WiFi access point and create a new WiFi hotspot by using a wired Ethernet connection. There are five 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology. These five Gigabit Ethernet ports are used to connect wired devices like smart TVs and game consoles to your home's WiFi network.
Flexible & Secure Setup: The Nighthawk WiFi range extender offers WPS & Web Browser setup. Secure WiFi connections offer the highest level of WPA/WPA2/WPA2-PSK security.
- WPS: You can use WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect the extender to your WiFi router without typing your existing router's WiFi network name (SSID) or WiFi password.
- Web Browser: You can use a web browser to log in to the extender and set up its WiFi connection to your existing WiFi router.
WiFi Analytics App: Use the NETGEAR WiFi Analytics app on your Android (OS 2.2+) smartphone or tablet to get advanced analytics to optimize your existing or newly extended WiFi network. Check your network status, WiFi signal strength, identify crowded WiFi channels and much more.
ReadySHARE: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Range Extender allows you to share USB devices, DLNA media, and printers through ReadySHARE.
- USB 3.0 Port w/ ReadySHARE: The USB 3.0 port on the extender can be used only to connect USB storage devices such as flash drives or hard drives, or a printer. The extender works with most USB-compliant external flash and hard drives (if your USB drive uses special drivers, it is not compatible). You can share data that is stored on most common USB storage devices across your WiFi network with ReadySHARE USB Storage Access. ReadySHARE lets you access and share a USB drive connected to the extender USB port. Do not connect computers, USB modems, CD drives, or DVD drives to the extender USB port.
- ReadyDLNA Media Server: By default, the extender functions as a ReadyDLNA media server, which lets you stream music and movies from an attached USB device to DLNA/UPnP AV-compliant media players, Smart TVs, game consoles, and NETGEAR media players.
- ReadySHARE Printer: The ReadySHARE Printer utility lets you share a USB printer that is connected to the USB port on your extender. You can share this USB printer among the Windows and Mac computers on your network.
Mounting Options: You can place the WiFi range extender horizontally or vertically on a flat table-top surface.
- Horizontal Dimensions: 9.5" (w) x 5.25" (h) x 7.75" (d)
- Vertical Dimensions: 3.625" (w) x 12.5" (h) x 7.75" (d)
LEDs: Use the extender's LEDs during installation to find the best location for the extender or to monitor the extender performance.
System Requirements: Make sure your home network meets the following system requirements.
- Router Type: 2.4 and/or 5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi router or gateway
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 20 or Safari 5.1, or Google Chrome 25.0 browsers or higher
Firmware Updates: Unless you changed the settings in the Firmware Update screen previously, the extender is set up to check for new firmware automatically at login. Click here for the latest firmware/software updates from NETGEAR.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Love nighthawk gear [ aaron Jun 12, 2017 ]
Online recommendations [ stevenson Apr 20, 2017 ]
I have netgear product currently and wanted same brand [ Todd Apr 19, 2017 ]
Seemed to be the most range and options. [ Brian Nov 30, 2016 ]
Good reviews, sale price [ Herb Nov 28, 2016 ]
Had great success with NETGEAR products in the past [ Rod Jan 21, 2016 ]