Harman Kardon Go + Play
Portable Bluetooth® speaker (White)
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Harman Kardon Go + Play by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Sophisticated styling and superior sound
Who says portable Bluetooth speakers have to look like boxes — or deliver boxy sound? Not Harman Kardon. Their Go + Play is for those who expect more. Its fine fabric finishing and the stainless steel handle appeal to the eye. And the speaker's clean, detailed sound definitely appeals to the ear. The Go + Play uses Bluetooth 4.1, so you can enjoy near-CD-quality sound while streaming wirelessly from compatible devices.
Quality sound for music and conversation
The Go + Play features two 3-1/2" woofers for clean midrange and low tones, plus two 7/8" tweeters for accurate, clear high frequencies. You'll enjoy spacious, detailed stereo sound.
You'll experience clear, easy-to-hear conference calls as well. The system has two built-in microphones, so everyone around the table can be heard. Plus, built-in noise cancellation helps keep distracting ambient noise to a minimum, so your callers can hear you clearly.
Power to spare
The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 8 hours of continuous operation. And there's a USB recharging port to keep your smartphone or tablet playing.
- Bluetooth 4.1 for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- two 3-1/2" woofers and two 7/8" tweeters
- 100 watts total system power (25 watts x 4)
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- 2 built-in noise-canceling microphones for hands-free wireless speakerphone and conference call operation
- stainless steel handle and fabric grille
- stereo 3.5mm minijack input for portable devices
- USB port to recharge portable devices
- mini-USB port for firmware updates
- top-mounted control buttons
- credit card-sized remote
- built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery lasts up to 8 hours
- 16-3/8"W x 8-3/8"H x 7-1/8"D
- weight: 7.56 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- AC power adapter (attached 44" DC cord)
- 47" AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
Hubby had this for years and loved it. Takes it everywhere! Sadly it didn't last forever...
Diane, Amityville, NY
Harman Kardon Go + Play Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|NFC Touch Pairing||No|
Stereo Sound: The Harman/Kardon Go+Play portable Bluetooth speaker features a 2ch stereo configuration with a 0.75" tweeter and 3.5" woofer for each channel (for a total of two 0.75" tweeters and two 3.5" woofers). Each tweeter and woofer receive 25 watts of power from the built-in 25W x 4Ch amplifier. The system has an overall frequency response of 50Hz to 20kHz (-6dB).
Built-in Bluetooth 4.1: The Harman/Kardon Go+Play portable speaker offers built-in Bluetooth (version 4.1) technology for wireless audio streaming and hands-free communication from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device; such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac laptop/computer, and more. The Go+Play has a wireless range of about 30'.
- Wireless Audio Streaming (A2DP 1.3/AVRCP 1.5): The Harman/Kardon Go+Play supports Bluetooth A2DP 1.3/AVRCP 1.5 which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the portable Bluetooth speaker system. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Skip Track. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled source device for advance music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication (HFP 1.6): The Harman/Kardon Go+Play can be used as a speakerphone for your Bluetooth smartphone. The H/K Go+Play features dual built-in microphones with Harman noise & echo canceling technology for crystal clear conversations. You'll be able to carry on your side of the conversation through the H/K Go+Play's dual-microphone system, while the other party is heard through the Go+Play's speakers. You can answer and end a phone call from the speaker's top-panel controls. Whether conferencing with one person or with a group, the Go+Play delivers quality sound and reliable connection from phone calls, Skype, Facetime, and more. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device to view video calls, dial a phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
Note: You can pair multiple devices with the Go+Play. You can even connect up to two Bluetooth sources devices at the same time and take turns playing music. Once paired, the Go+Play will automatically re-connect to the last device used when in wireless range (30').
Wireless Dual Sound: You can wirelessly connect two Harman/Kardon Wireless Dual Sound enabled speakers together to elevate your music listening experience. Both speakers will play left & right channel audio, and will play the same music content.
Aux Input: The H/K Go+Play is fitted with a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input to connect virtually any portable audio device with a headphone output.
USB Charging Port: The Go+Play is capable of recharging the battery of your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or table using the speaker's built-in USB-A port rated a 5V/2.1A (5V/0.5A when playing music). This USB port does not support audio playback.
Premium Construction: The Harman/Kardon Go+Play is crafted with premium materials, including a stainless-steel handle and fabric grill that add a stylish touch to your home décor or when you are on-the-go.
Battery + AC Powered: The built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery (22.2Wh)supports up to 8 hours of playtime (varies by volume level and audio content). The included AC power adapter can be used to power the Bluetooth speaker and charge the battery. It takes approximately 3 hours to full charge the battery.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Best sound [ MICHAEL Aug 20, 2018 ]
Description said it was stereo [ JAMES Feb 14, 2018 ]
Marshall at Crutchfield was very helpful and provided great information about the sound quality of this unit + the consumer reviews were 5 stars across the board on a well known brand. [ Melissa Jan 24, 2018 ]
Listened to sound quality on YouTube video excellent for its portable size. Crutchfield price hard to beat [ Richard K. Jan 04, 2018 ]
It was between this and the Klipsch The One - Hope I chose wisely! [ Zach Aug 09, 2018 ]
Frequently Compared With
Harman Kardon Go + Play
Portable Bluetooth® speaker
Bose® SoundLink® Revolve Bluetooth® speaker
JBL Xtreme 2
Waterproof portable Bluetooth® speaker
Waterproof portable Bluetooth® speaker