Headworn microphone wireless system: includes headworn microphone, bodypack transmitter, and receiver
Item # 183GL14P31 | MFR # GLXD14/PGA31-Z2
$519.00 Earn up to 519 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Shure GLXD14/PGA31 by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Freedom of action
When you want the freedom of a wireless system and the convenience of a headset microphone, Shure's GLXD14/PGA31 system gives you what you need: the PGA31-TQG headworn microphone, a GLXD1 bodypack transmitter, and the GLXD4 single-channel receiver. This package will connect you to your PA system, while giving you the freedom of movement for fitness instruction or other active applications.
The system offers up to 16 hours of operation on the transmitter's rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The GLXD14/PGA31's typical indoor range is up to 100 feet, with a maximum of 200 feet under ideal conditions; its outdoor range is up to 65 feet, 165 feet under ideal conditions.
The GLXD14/PGA31's transmitter automatically links to the receiver for seamless operation. LinkFreq Automatic Frequency Management makes it simple — just turn on your receiver and transmitter, and they'll automatically pair up on the best available frequency. If you encounter unexpected interference, the system instantly switches to the next best open frequency, with no interruption.
Battery life readout
You can run up to 8 systems on a single stage in ideal conditions, up to 4 systems in most situations. The GLXD1 transmitter uses rechargable lithium-ion batteries, and the GLXD4 receiver features an onboard battery charging port that allows you to charge a spare battery (sold separately) while the system is in use. And there's no more guessing if you'll make it through a show — the GLXD4's display gives you a real time countdown on how much battery life is left in your transmitter.
Efficient condenser microphone
The PGA31-TQG headworn microphone gives you the efficiency and clarity of a condenser mic, and its cardioid polar pattern offers excellent off-axis rejection. The GLXD14/PGA31 system offers understated appearance and freedom of movement, delivering Shure sound quality in a simple package.
- digital wireless microphone system for vocals
- includes GLXD1 transmitter with PGA31-TQG headworn microphone and GLXD4 wireless receiver
- operating range: 100' typical/200' max (indoor), 65' typical/165' max (outdoor)
- transmitter automatically links to receiver
- transmitter operates up to 16 hours on rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- receiver features battery recharging bay
- receiver displays transmitter battery time remaining in hours and minutes
- lockable transmitter and receiver controls
- frequency range: 20-20,000 Hz
- maximum input level: +8.4dBV
- GLXD1: 3-9/16"H x 2-9/16"W x 15/16"D
- GLXD4: 1.6"H x 7.2"W x 4.6"D
- GLXD1: 3/4 oz. (without batteries)
- GLXD4: 10.1 oz (without batteries)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- PGA31-TQG Headset microphone w/ attached 48" cord
- GLXD1 Transmitter pack
- GLXD4 Wireless receiver
- 40" USB cable (Type-A on one end
- micro-B on other
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery for transmitter pack
- AC Power adapter (15 VDC/600 mA) with attached 72" DC cord on one end and an attached 72" AC cord on the other
- 2 Foam windscreens
- Lapel clip
- Padded vinyl carry-case
- Instruction manual (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
- Warranty sheet
Overview: The Shure GLXD14/PGA31 is a head-worn wireless microphone system ideal for live performances, speeches, and presentations. It has an indoor operating range of up to 100 feet with a maximum of 200 feet under ideal conditions. Outdoors, it has a range of up to 65 feet with a maximum of 165 feet under ideal conditions. The microphone system includes a PGA31-TQG head-worn condenser mic, a GLXD1 bodypack transmitter, and a GLXD4 wireless receiver.
PGA31-TQG Microphone: The PGA31 is a wireless condenser headset microphone that provides high sound quality and is optimized for speech and live vocal applications. It features a permanently charged electret condenser cartridge and a tailored frequency response for crisp, detailed vocals. Its cardioid polar pattern provides excellent off-axis rejection, for higher gain-before-feedback when using a stage monitor, and includes a windscreen to help tame pops and breath noise. The PGA31's wire frame design with flexible gooseneck mic provide a secure comfortable fit even during "active" performances. An attached 48" cord terminates in a TA4F (TQG) connector allowing it to integrate with other Shure wireless bodypack transmitters.
GLXD1 Transmitter: The bodypack transmitter features an ergonomic design and reversible belt clip, allowing it to fit comfortably and snugly in various positions, while its rugged metal construction provides durability for long hours of use. An easily accessible On/Off switch is provided and the transmitter's locking TQG socket is compatible with most Shure headset, lavalier, earset, and instrument microphones. The GLXD1 is powered by the included lithium-ion rechargeable battery that can be recharged in the provided port on the GLXD4 receiver or with the micro-B USB port on the transmitter pack providing up to 16 hours of continuous use. A Link button on the bodypack allows quick and easy linking of the transmitter and receiver.
GLXD4 Receiver: The GLXD4 is a single-channel wireless receiver that operates in the Z2 frequency band (2.4 GHz) and features Linkfreq Automatic Frequency management. The GLXD4 prioritizes and transmits on the best 3 frequencies per channel (choosing from a pool of 6 frequencies across the 2.4 GHz band). The receiver continuously scans during usage, both current and backup frequencies, and, if interference is detected, moves away from that frequency without audio interruption. Linking of the transmitter and receiver can be done quickly and simply by selecting a Group number and then pressing the Channel button to scan for the best available channel. Four Groups are provided, with each having a different number of possible Channels: Group 1 has four Channels, Group 2 five Channels, Group 3 eight channels, and Group 4 has one Channel. The front panel also includes a blue RF LED that will flash during linking and go solid when a connection is established, as well as Gain +/- buttons which can change the transmitter gain in 1 dB increments. There's a recharging socket for charging the included transmitter battery or for charging/storing an additional spare battery as well. Two 3-1/2" front panel antennas are provided that can be rotated right, left, and forward by up to 90˚. The GLXD4's rear panel outputs include a male XLR jack that outputs a microphone-level signal, and a 1/4" TRS instrument-level output. It also includes a micro-B USB port (2.0) for uploading firmware updates, a power supply jack, and On/Off button.
LCD Display: The front panel display provides the following information:
- Group and Channel numbers
- Transmitter battery runtime: Displays the remaining battery life in hour and minutes.
- Audio Meter: Indicates audio signal level with an OL icon that lights if the signal starts to overload.
- Scanning: Indicates scanning is in process.
- Gain: Displays transmitter gain settings.
- Lock Icon: Displays when the linked transmitter controls are locked.
- Auto: Indicates that the selected group has backup channels available.
- Frequency Band: ISM 2400 - 2483.5 MHz
- Audio Range: 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Transmitter RF Output Power: 10 mW E.I.R.P. maximum
- Audio Output Connectors: XLR and 1/4" TRS unbalanced
- Maximum Output Level:
- XLR: 0 dBV
- 1/4": +8.5 dBV
- Dynamic Range: 120 dB A-weighted
- Battery Life: Up to 16 hours
- System Distortion: 0.2 % THD typical (ref. +/- 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone)
- Operating Temperature Range: 0˚ F to 135˚ F
- Power Requirements:
- GLXD1: 3.7 V custom rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- GLXD4: 14 - 18 VDC at 550 mA external power supply
- GLXD1: Width - 2.50", Height - 4.50", Depth - 1.0"
- GLXD4: Width - 7.188", Height - 1.625", Depth - 6.0" (w/ power cord)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.