Car Stereo Cookbook: 2nd Edition
Design and build your dream mobile A/V system
Item # 2231448470 | MFR # 0-07-144847-0
This item is no longer available.
This audio do-it-yourselfer's classic is back in a second edition that covers late model vehicles and new technologies. Written by car audio guru Mark Rumreich, The Car Stereo Cookbook shows you how to plan your dream system, how to choose the right components, how to install your equipment properly, and how to save money in the process. This update includes information on satellite radio, mobile video, MP3 / WMA music formats, and more.
The book is organized by project type with chapters on subjects ranging from speakers, subwoofers, and amps to equalizers, bi-amping, and accessories. It's written so you can find the information you need quickly for whatever project you have in mind. The Cookbook will help you design and build a system that fits your tastes, your budget, and your vehicle.
- car stereo installation how-to guide
- author: Mark Rumreich
- paperback: 350 pages
- dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/4"
- orginally published in 1998 by McGraw-Hill
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 357-Page Book: The Car Stereo Cookbook (Second Edition) by Mark Rumreich
- Published by McGraw-Hill in 2005
Great details. Help me a lot!
Car Stereo Cookbook: 2nd Edition Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Car Stereo Cookbook: How to Design, Choose, and Install Car Stereo Systems, Second Edition by Mark Rumreich is a comprehensive, 357-page book for car stereo enthusiasts, as well as amateur do-it-yourselfers. This second edition has updated information on mobile video, satellite radio, digital music players, and 5.1-channel audio.
Chapter Titles: The chapters have the following titles:
- Chapter 1: Before You Begin Pages 1-10
- Chapter 2: Connectors, Supplies, Tools and Techniques Pages 11-34
- Chapter 3: Speakers and Speaker Projects Pages 35-60
- Chapter 4: Subwoofers and Subwoofer Projects Pages 61-130
- Chapter 5: Head Unit Projects Pages 131-168
- Chapter 6: Mobile Video and 5.1 Channel Audio Pages 169-194
- Chapter 7: Amplifiers and Amplifier Projects Pages 195-238
- Chapter 8: Equalizers and Equalizer Projects Pages 239-248
- Chapter 9: Biamping and Crossovers Pages 249-272
- Chapter 10: Changer and Player Projects Pages 273-294
- Chapter 11: Accessories Pages 295-310
- Chapter 12: Battling Noise Pages 311-336
- In Addition, it includes:
- Recommended Mail-Order Suppliers Page 337
- Recommended Reading Page 338
- Bibliography Page 341
- Index Page 345
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.