Rugged GPS multisport watch (Graphite)
From Garmin: Instinct Rugged GPS Watch
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Garmin Instinct by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
A tough watch for tough environments
If your work takes you outdoors and into tough working environments, Garmin had you in mind when they designed the Instinct. It's built to the demanding U.S. military standard 810G, guaranteeing protection from shock, thermal stress, and water pressure. The reinforced polymer case is strong and durable, while the chemically-strengthened display is bright and scratch-resistant. A vented silicone band is comfortable enough for all-day wear.
Ready for adventure
When you're not working, Instinct is primed to tackle all your outdoor adventures: running trails, bombing a descent on your mountain bike, or grabbing your pack for a multi-day expedition. And it's ready for the water too, with a 100-meter rating and functions for lap swimming or open water training and racing. Instinct features a full range of tools to track your running, biking, and swimming, plus activity tracking features like step counts.
When you're on the trail, Instinct 5 drips virtual breadcrumbs along the way, creating a tracklog you can retrace if necessary. You can take advantage of waypoints you've recorded on previous trips, so you'll be sure to find that special campsite the next time around. The watch's memory can store up to 1000 waypoints, so you can record trail junctions, water sources, scenic vistas, campsites — any location you want. Instinct also comes equipped with an altimeter, barometer, and compass, giving you valuable information you may need in the backcountry.
Heart rate monitoring for a training edge
If you really want to improve your performance, the evidence is clear that heart rate monitoring is an essential tool. Instinct employs wrist-based heart rate monitoring, so you're always able to tap into this vital metric. Here's the skinny — your body responds to exercise intensities differently, so you need a blend of both workouts to balance your training, and heart rate monitoring is one of the best ways to keep track.
Smart and connected
Garmin's smart notifications work with your smartphone to let you receive texts, emails, and alerts on Instinct's screen. And this watch automatically uploads your workout to Garmin Connect, where you can share it with your friends through social media or many popular fitness-tracking apps.
- GPS/GLONASS multisport training watch with illuminated display
- silicone wrist band; high-strength sapphire glass lens
- 0.9" x 0.9" (128 x 128 pixel) LCD screen
- built-in barometric altimeter and compass
- TracBack feature records up to 1000 customizable waypoints and locations and up to 50 routes with 10,000 track points
- time, date, alarm, timer, chronograph, pace alerts, chimes, and vibration watch functions
- Auto Lap, Auto Pause, interval trainer, heart rate, calorie counter, and lap fitness functions
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery allows up to 40 hours (UltraTrac mode); 16 hours (GPS training mode); 2 weeks (smartwatch mode)
- compatible with Garmin Connect
- works with optional bike speed/cadence sensor
- ANT+ and Bluetooth capable with compatible devices
- water rated to 100 meters
- VO2 max estimator
- recovery advisor
- race predictor
- running dynamics measurements
- records personal records
- time and distance alerts
- records courses
- swimming metrics and stroke recognition
- lap counter
- open water swim distance
Activity Tracking Features:
- step counter with auto goal setter
- move bar
- sleep monitoring
- 2.0"W x 2.0"H x .6"D
- weight: 1.8 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Garmin Instinct Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Why did you buy this?
Reviews, Garmin reputation [ Manuel Oct 26, 2018 ]