Sirius Stratus 7
Dock & Play satellite radio with vehicle kit (subscription sold separately by SiriusXM)
Item # 220SSV7V1 | MFR # SSV7V1
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sirius Stratus 7 by Crutchfield's Jon P.
The Sirius Stratus 7 makes a great travel companion.
Intuitive push-button operation
The Sirius Stratus 7 satellite radio is easy to use, and that means a lot when you're looking for your favorite channel while you're driving down the highway. Push-button operation makes channel surfing easy and intuitive, and you can store 10 favorite channels as presets. The easy-to-read display gives you the artist's name, the song or program title, and channel information. The One-Touch Jump™ button allows you to go straight to your last channel, or check out the traffic and weather for 20 cities.
Car accessories included
You'll get the accessories you need to use the Stratus 7 in your vehicle, including a cable that connects to your stereo's auxiliary input for the best possible sound. If your car's radio doesn't have an aux input, you can also use the included SiriusXM PowerConnect™ system to deliver clear sound through your vehicle's FM radio. The Sirius Stratus 7 kit also includes a magnetic mount antenna, a vent mount and extended vent clamps, a dash mount, alcohol preparation pads, and a Quick Start Guide. With optional accessory kits, you can also listen at home, at the office, outdoors or in additional vehicles.
Note: A subscription is required and sold separately by SiriusXM. Some channels not available in all packages. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states — not available in Hawaii. Limited availability in Puerto Rico.
- Dock & Play Sirius satellite radio
- blue display shows artist, song or program, and channel information
- 10 channel presets
- PowerConnect system includes auxiliary output cable and power adapter/FM transmitter
- includes car accessories: docking station and roof-mount antenna
- includes an adhesive dash mount and vent mount
- dimensions: 4-1/2" W x 1-9/10" H x 7/10" D
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Portable Sirius Satellite Radio receiver
- Vehicle cradle dock
- Magnetic vehicle antenna (w/ attached 21' cord terminated by single SMB connector)
- PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter (w/ attached 55" DC cord)
- 4' Stereo minijack cable (w/ a right-angle male 3.5mm connector on each end)
- Self-adhesive mount
- Vent mount
- 2 Extended vent clamps
- Rubber antenna cable wedge
- 2 Alcohol Prep Pads
- 4 Machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Limited Warranty Information
- "Additional User Documents/Warning" note
- Accessory Guide brochure
Good, simple sat radio. Easy to use and just the right size to fit in the mustang.
John S, Lancaster, CA
Sirius Stratus 7 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Dock & Play Satellite Radio: The Stratus 7 Dock & Play Radio + PowerConnect Vehicle Kit provides SiriusXM Satellite Radio programming in your vehicle. And with optional accessories you can listen to the Stratus 7 at home, at the office, in multiple vehicles, or even outdoors (optional accessories sold separately); all with just one Sirius subscription.
Note: Requires a SiriusXM subscription.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio Programming: The Stratus 7 Dock & Play Radio supports limited SiriusXM programming only (some SiriusXM channels not available). This Satellite Radio operates on the Sirius Network. You can easily add this Sirius tuner to an existing SiriusXM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
3-Line Graphic Display: The Stratus 7 features a 3-line blue display which lets you view artist name, song title, and channel information. You can adjust the brightness and contrast of the unit's display.
Tuning Functions: The Stratus 7 offers a variety of tuning functions:
- Categories w/ My Channel: Channels are organized into categories to make it easier for you to find the ones that suit your taste. My Channels is a special category that displays only the channels contained in your subscription plan.
- Favorite Presets: You can save and enjoy fast access to up to 10 of your favorite SiriusXM Satellite Radioi channels.
- Direct Tune: The Direct button allows you directly tune in a SiriusXM Satellite Radioi station, using the keypad (0-9) on the front-panel.
- One-Touch Jump: The One-Touch Jump function allows you to directly access traffic or weather of the 20 most congested cities, or go back to the previous channel to which you were listening.
- Parental Controls: You can easily lock and unlock channels or an entire category with mature content. The Parent Control feature is protect by a 4-digit code.
Note: Whenever you power the Stratus 7 On, it will automatically tune to the last channel you were listening to before it was powered Off.
Vehicle Dock: This package includes a vehicle dock which allows you to listen to SiriusXM Satellite Radioi in your vehicle. The vehicle dock has color-coded connectors to assist you in connecting the cables to the correct connector. The vehicle dock also has a rear-panel wire-guide that can help you organize the cables and wires connected to the dock. The vehicle dock provides three connection options to transfer SiriusXM Satellite Radioi audio to your vehicle's audio system:
- PowerConnect: A PowerConnect FM transmitter and cigarette lighter adapter are included which allow the Stratus 7 receiver to wirelessly transmit audio to your vehicle's in-dash head unit over an FM frequency. You can choose from any FM frequency between: 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. You can store up to 5 FM stations so you can quickly access the station that gives you the best reception when traveling. The PowerConnect FM transmitter and cigarette lighter adapter plug into the power port of the included vehicle dock and the cigarette lighter or 12-volt accessory port of your vehicle.
- Auxiliary: The vehicle dock has a mini-jack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash head unit's auxiliary input (if available), using the supplied stereo mini-jack cable. When using the line output jack, you can adjust the audio level to match your head unit's other sources.
- FM Direct (optional): The FM Direct Adaptor (item number 607FMDA25, sold separately) connects directly in-line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna input (motorola) and the vehicle dock FM output (2.5mm). This optimizes the Stratus 7 receiver's built-in FM modulator to your vehicle's radio, especially in regions with a high density of FM radio stations and few open FM channels.
Magnetic Antenna: The unit comes supplied with a magnetic antenna, designed to be mounted outside the vehicle on the roof. The magnetic base will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal.
Mounting: The mounting location of the Stratus 7 should be easily accessible for controlling the unit and provide good visibility of the unit's display. It should not be located in direct sunlight, which will affect the visibility of the display screen. The receiver includes provisions for two mounting options:
- Self-Adhesive Dash Mount: A self-adhesive plastic mount is included which allows you to place the unit on your vehicle's dash. The self-adhesive dash-mount allows you to swivel and adjust the unit for best visibility.
- Vent-Mount: The Stratus 7 also includes a plastic mount which allows to you to clip the unit onto one of your vehicle's dash vents.
Note: When mounting the Stratus 7 in your vehicle, choose a location where it will not block your vision, interfere with the controls, or obstruct the air bag.
Optional Pro-Fit VSM: The Stratus 7 can be mounted using an optional Pro.Fit Vehicle Specific Mount (item number 042VSM, sold separately) and the TS-01 adapter (item number 042TS01, sold separately). Please consult the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to see if there is a Pro.Fit VSM to fit your vehicle.
Second Vehicle Kit (optional): An addition vehicle kit (item number 220SADV2, sold separately) can be purchased to install the Stratus 7 in a second vehicle.
Home Kit (optional): An optional home kit (item number 220SXDH3, sold separately) allows you to listen to the Stratus 7 in your home.
Boombox (optional): The optional Portable Speaker Dock (item number 220SXABB2, sold separately) lets you enjoy SiriusXM Satellite Radioi programming in your home, at the office, or on the deck.
Dock & Play Radio:
- Width = 4.515"
- Height = 1.895"
- Depth = 0.765"
- Width = 4.005"
- Height = 2.065"
- Depth = 1.125"
Dock & Play Radio in Vehicle Kit:
- Width = 4.515"
- Height = 2.485"
- Depth =1.165"
- Width = 2.205"
- Height = 0.455"
- Depth = 2.325"
- Cable Length = 21'
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I want X. M. Radio and was told that this works well [ fred Dec 06, 2017 ]
Because the alternative doesn't work!! [ Paul Nov 17, 2017 ]
I installed this same unit in my boat several years back, till this day I've had absolutely no problems, considering the harsh conditions it's subjected to. I change company vehicles as often as four times a month, having this deck eliminates having to change service from one vehicle to the next and in the long run it's a big cost saving. [ DAVID L Jun 12, 2017 ]
I've had Sirius service before. I have ordered from Crutchfield before. On both counts,I got good service [ Ronald Jun 15, 2016 ]
It is said that this radio works on Puerto Rico. [ Andres Apr 26, 2016 ]
14 questions already asked
We have not found an adapter that to convert the stock antenna connection in an Acura to the connection used by aftermarket tuners. You would need to install a new antenna for this to work. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Nov 11, 2017 ] Staff
No you do not get good recipiton [ sam May 29, 2017 ]
It completely depends on how good your reception is at your location. At my location (I have a camper too) I get no signal from within the camper, I have to place the antenna on the roof of the camper, where I have a piece of metal that I can fix it to. I think you would be better to get the kit that is not for your car - the home use kit - and use that antenna instead. [ William May 28, 2017 ]
You can but it won't be as effective. Trucks have special mounting brackets that mount CB's or satellite antennas to their out side mirrors, they have them in several configurations I've seen the adapted to many mobile homes candidate campers, I hope this helps you. [ KELLY J May 28, 2017 ]
If you can plug it into an amplifier audio input, which has an audio outlet, then the answer is yes. I've never done it but that's the way to do it. [ KENNETH Feb 24, 2017 ]
No there's no recording on this radio [ Joseph Feb 24, 2017 ]
No you don't. It will play with either the antenna provided or through an open FM station through your sound system. BTW we use ours in the house as well. Hope this helps. [ KENNETH Mar 12, 2016 ]
No you do not need a fm module, it will be tune from your FM radio, just go to Sirius website they will give you the best FM stations in your local area for tuning [ Joseph Mar 12, 2016 ]
Both the Starmate4 and Stratus7 use the same dock connector, yes. I hope that helps. My Bio; http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Feb 24, 2016 ] Staff
Yes. Make sure it's wired to the right size fused port otherwise you can burn it out. Remember the power cord is fused already. [ KENNETH Feb 24, 2017 ]
Yes, there is a Sirius hardware adapter kit you tie into your fuse box. [ MIKE Oct 21, 2015 ]
One radio per subscription. I move mine to my house so I don't have to buy another scrip. [ Mike Oct 09, 2015 ]
You only need another subscription if you use a different radio. The Sirius 7 is dockable for both auto and home. Just move your sat radio to the house with the same subscription. Hope this helps. [ Mike Oct 09, 2015 ]
Each radio must have it's own account.Easy to change with Sirius help will walk you right through the process. [ ARNOLD Sep 26, 2015 ]
Do not know. [ JOHN S Sep 05, 2014 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: If you have an aux input on your stock radio that will be the best way to connect it and would be superior to using the FM Direct. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Apr 17, 2014 ] Staff
You can find a list of what the boomboxes are compatible with, meaning Stratus 7 in this case. In my experience using the old school Sportster, the newer models were not compatible and I could no longer purchase a car unit to replace the ones that had stopped working. So I ended up buying a whole new boombox which is designed to be compatible with several different models and a car unit. Hope this helps and good luck! [ PARI Jan 06, 2014 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Jeff Jan 04, 2014 ] Staff
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone or online chat to discuss compatibility with your current system. They will be able to pull up your receiver and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Jeff Dec 18, 2013 ] Staff
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Jeff Dec 16, 2013 ] Staff
Thanks for your question Richard. Unfortunately, the OnStar antenna and the Sirius Antenna are not compatible with each other. You will need to have a separate antenna for Sirius reception. [ Jeff Dec 14, 2013 ] Staff