8-port Gigabit Ethernet switch
Our take on the TP-Link TL-SG1008D by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Keep all of your devices connected
If you want to connect several Smart Home hubs and a streaming box to your router, or get fast internet to more than one computer, the TP-Link TL-SG1008D Ethernet Switch has you covered. Each port is auto-sensing, so you can plug in your device and start working immediately. Smart Green Ethernet technology turns off unused ports, so you can save energy, too.
- Gigabit Ethernet switch with connections for up to 8 devices
- Green Ethernet technology lowers power consumption
- auto-sensing ports give each connected device the most data it can handle
- can be mounted securely to a wall or desk
- operating temperature range: 32°F-104°F
- 7-1/8"W x 3-1/2"H x 1"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 8-Port Gigabit desktop switch
- AC power adapter (attached 59" DC cord)
- Installation Guide
- Technical Support booklet
I purchased this along with 500 feet of cat5, connectors, and the crimping took. It all works so very well. Dont hesitate in eliminating the wifi. This all works as advertised, and without issue. Anyone can do this. It's very simple.
Ronald, Fowler, OH
TP-Link TL-SG1008D Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch: The TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch (TL-SG1008D) provides you an easy way to make the transition to Gigabit Ethernet. Increase the speed of your network server and backbone connections, or make Gigabit to the desktop a reality. Moreover, TL-SG1008D adopts lower power consumption design. With the innovative energy-efficient technology, the TL-SG1008D can save up to 80% of the power consumption, making it an eco-friendly solution for your home or office network.
8 Gigabit Ports: Featuring eight Gigabit ports (10/100/1000Mbps), TL-SG1008D greatly expands your network capacity, enabling instant large files transferring. So users in the home, office, workgroup, or creative production environment can now move large, bandwidth-intensive files faster. Transfer graphics, CGI, CAD, or multimedia files across the network instantly. Supports IEEE 802.3i/802.3u/ 802.3ab/802.3x.
QoS (Quality of Service) Traffic Prioritization: QoS (Quality of Service) prioritizes traffic to particular devices or activities & maintain mission-critical data throughput regardless of network congestion.
Energy-Efficient Design: This new generation 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch (TL-SG1008D) features the latest innovative energy-efficient technologies that can greatly expand your network capacity with much less power. It automatically adjusts power consumption according to the link status and cable length to limit the carbon footprint of your network.
- Power down Idle Ports: When a computer or network equipment is off, the corresponding port of a traditional switch will continue to consume considerable amounts of power. The TL-SG1008D can automatically detect the link status of each port and reduce the power consumption of ports that are idle, resulting in up to an 80% reduction in power use.
- Power Budget According to Cable Length: Ideally, shorter cable would use less power because of less power degradation over their length; this is not the case with most devices as they will use the same amount of power across the cable regardless of the length.
Auto-Sensing: The auto features of this gigabit switch make installation plug-and-play and hassle-free. No configuring is required. Auto MDI/MDIX eliminate the need for crossover cables. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (either 10, 100, or 1000 Mbps) and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance.
Mounting Options: The TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch can simply be placed horizontally on a desk, shelf, or table. It can also be mounted vertically on a wall using the integrated keyhole slots (mounting screws sold separately).
Power Requirements: The TL-SG1008D comes with an AC power adapter which plugs into the back of the switch and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Good reviews and low cost. If you just need a simple switch can't go wrong with this. [ Kelvin Jul 30, 2018 ]
Need to add more wired ports to Google Wi-Fi [ JORDAN May 08, 2018 ]
The rear ethernet ports, front activity lights and small form factor will look good in my media center. [ DJ Patrick Nov 27, 2017 ]