NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™
DSL modem and dual-band Wi-Fi® router (D7000)
Our take on the NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™ by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Take your network to the next level
The sleek AC1900 Nighthawk provides lightning-fast wireless coverage throughout your home.
Make buffering a thing of the past by upgrading your DSL modem and Wi-Fi router in one fell swoop. NETGEAR's AC1900 Nighthawk combines a powerful dual-core 1GHz processor with three external antennas to deliver robust wireless coverage throughout your home. You'll enjoy blazing-fast streaming for music, movies, and online gaming for all of your devices.
Dual-band Wi-Fi with no lag
The Nighthawk takes your incoming DSL connection and broadcasts it over two separate bands to maximize coverage and reduce interference. The 2.4 and 5GHz ranges provide flexible wireless connectivity for your smartphones, tablets, and other streaming devices in your home. You'll enjoy fast downloads, even with heavy traffic. Four Ethernet ports provide direct connections for your hard-wired equipment.
Directional coverage for fast performance
A NETGEAR technology called Beamforming+ uses two-way communication between the router and your phone or tablet to provide the strongest wireless coverage possible. Instead of just broadcasting the Wi-Fi coverage in a broad circle, Beamforming focuses the coverage on your wireless devices. As you move around your home, that focused range follows, giving you a fast and reliable connection every time.
Easy to set up and share content
Set up your new Nighthawk using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Easy browser-based installation means no CDs to load or keep track of. Simply connect a few cables and then use the single-button Push ‘N' Connect function to create your Wi-Fi network.
The free NETGEAR genie® app lets you monitor, control, and troubleshoot your network. You can even connect an external USB hard drive loaded with photos, music, and other files, then access them wirelessly from all around the house using DLNA-compatible devices.
Enjoy a safe, secure network
NETGEAR's Wi-Fi Protected Access® offers tough WPA/WPA2 encryption that denies outsiders access to your wireless signal. This router also offers double firewall protection and a stiff defense against denial-of-service (DoS) attacks. Parental controls provide filtering of content you don't want youngsters to have access to.
- AC1900 Nighthawk DSL modem and wireless router (model D7000)
- 802.11ac simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi (600 Mbps + 1300 Mbps)
- three high-performance external antennas deliver maximum range
- dynamic quality of service prioritizes network traffic by application and device (QoS)
- compatible with ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ and VDSL/VDSL2
- powerful dual-core 1GHz processor
- Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability, and range of Wi-Fi connection
- browser-based installation makes setup easy using a tablet, smartphone, or computer
- use the NETGEAR genie® app to monitor, control, and repair your home network
- use the ReadySHARE® Vault-PC software for automatic backup to a USB hard drive connected to the router
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable, phone cable, DSL filter, and quick start guide
- five 10/100/1000 (1 WAN and 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports
- two USB 3.0 ports
- one DSL port
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK) and WEP
- double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention
- customized free URL to set up personal FTP server
- separate and secure guest network access
- parental controls to manage web filtering and accessibility by profiles or devices
- VPN support offers secure remote access for telecommuters
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 11-1/4"W x 2" H x 7-5/16" D
- weight: 1.65 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- WiFi DSL modem router
- 3 Antennas
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- DSL microfilter
- 5' Ethernet cable
- 59" Phone cable
- Quick Start Guide
- "The Connected Home" booklet
Exactly what I needed, the local big box electronics store stopped selling dsl router modems don't know why but you guys did, lifesavers. Great item works fast, amazing, and have to say looks cool.
Jonathan, Lehigh Acres, FL
NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™ Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
WiFi DSL Modem Router: NETGEAR's Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi DSL Modem Router (D7000) combines a DSL modem and WiFi router in one device, so you can connect to your DSL internet service provider and other network devices in your home without having to connect a separate router or gateway. The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 is universally compatible with almost all DSL internet service providers in the US. The Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi DSL Modem Router saves you money over time by owning your DSL equipment and avoiding monthly rental charges from your DSL internet service provider.
DSL ISP Compatibility: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi DSL Modem Router supports ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ and VDSL/VDSL2 with auto detection for Universal DSL support. Its compatible with almost any Internet service provider via its Gigabit Ethernet WAN port. Works with DSL ISPs like AT&T (except AT&T Uverse), Verizon, CenturyLink (Qwest), & Frontier.
Note: DSL Internet Service Provider voice/telephone services not supported. Not compatible with Verizon FiOS.
1GHz Dual-Core Processor: The NETGEAR Nighthawk's Dual Core 1GHz processor boosts wireless, wired, & WAN-to-LAN performance. The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 DSL Modem Router is built to handle all your high-bandwidth online activities with features that will keep you connected at top speeds.
WiFi Technology: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 DSL Modem Router offers Gigabit WiFi speeds thanks to its WiFi 802.11ac chipset, plus extended WiFi range and reliability due to its 2.4GHZ & 5GHZ dual-bands.
- WiFi 802.11ac: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 DSL Modem Router adopts the latest WiFi 802.11ac chipset for extreme download speeds up to 600+1300 Mbps (up to 600Mbps @ 2.4 GHz, 1300Mbps @ 5 GHz). It is also backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices. Next generation 802.11ac WiFi with dual band technology avoids wireless interference and provides whole home coverage ensuring top WiFi speeds and reliable connections. Everything you need for an ultra-fast WiFi connected home.
- Extended WiFi Range: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 DSL Modem Router is equipped with high-powered amplifiers and three external antennas that provide extremely reliable WiFi connectivity throughout larger homes for all your Internet-enabled devices.
- Dual-Band WiFi: Simultaneous dual band WiFi provides two separate WiFi networks - 2.4GHz for legacy devices and 5GHz which is less interference-prone for media streaming.
Advanced Technologies: With features like QoS, Beamforming+, and Airtime Fairness you get enhanced speed by up to 100%, so you can roam freely throughout your home without fear of slow or dropped connections.
- QoS Upstream & Downstream: Downstream & upstream QoS automatically recognizes & prioritizes streaming & gaming applications. With the powerful 1GHz dual core processor and advanced upstream QoS for XBox and other game consoles, Nighthawk can prioritize bandwidth to your game so other devices on the network don't slow down your connection. Nighthawk also has downstream QoS and is optimized for streaming applications like YouTube, Netflix, and others, so you can enjoy uninterrupted video streaming with limited buffering.
- Beamforming+: Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on 2.4 and 5GHz bands. Unlike typical WiFi routers that just blast the WiFi signals in all directions; with Beamforming+ the router & device communicate with each other, so the router can directly beam the WiFi signal to the device. The result is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
- Airtime Fairness: Airtime Fairness (ATF) ensures that all WiFi clients receive equal time on the network. Network resources are divided by time, so if five WiFi clients are connected to the network, they each get one-fifth of the network time. The advantage of this feature is that the slowest WiFi clients do not control network responsiveness.
Wired Connections: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 DSL Modem Router provides one DSL jack, five 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports, and dual USB 3.0 ports.
- DSL Port: The AC1900 DSL Modem Router features one DSL port to connect to your DSL Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Gigabit Ethernet Port: The DSL Modem Router is fitted with five 10/100/1000 (1 WAN & 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology.
- Dual USB 3.0 Ports: The two USB-A 3.0 ports let you connect a USB hard drive, flash drive, or printer to the modem router. USB 3.0 is 10x faster than USB 2.0. USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT16/32, NTFS, or Ext2/3/4. If you attach a USB storage device to the modem router, you can access the storage device from your local network or outside your local network via the internet.
NETGEAR Genie App: The NETGEAR Genie App makes getting the most out of your home network fun & easy. The Genie App lets you setup, monitor, connect & control your home network from a Windows PC, Mac computer/laptop, Apple iOS device, or Android smartphone/tablet. With the NETGEAR Genie App you can share & stream music or videos, diagnose & repair network issues, set up parental controls & more.
- NETGEAR Genie App for iPhone: compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (running iOS 6.0+)
- NETGEAR Genie App for iPad: compatible with iPad (running iOS 6.0+)
- NETGEAR Genie App for Android: compatible with Android 2.2 or higher
- NETGEAR Genie App for Windows PC: compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP
- NETGEAR Genie App for Mac: compatible with Mac OS X
Convenient Content Sharing: With NETGEAR, sharing across your network is built-in and simple, anything from accessing stored photos & music to wireless printing.
- DLNA/UPnP: Find & play your media on DLNA/UPnP compatible TVs & game consoles.
- AirPlay: Share your music to Airplay-compatible devices from the USB hard-drive connected to the router.
- AirPrint: Make any network printer AirPrint compatible and print from your Apple iOS device.
- ReadySHARE USB Access: Wirelessly access & share USB hard drives via the router's dual USB 3.0 ports.
- ReadySHARE Printer: Wirelessly access & share a USB printer.
Cloud Storage: Access and share your files stored on a USB Drive through NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD USB Access. Simply plug your USB hard drive into the NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi DSL Modem Router to create secure personal cloud storage. Enjoy the convenience and accessibility of Google Drive and Dropbox without the fees, storage limitations, or privacy concerns. Using the ReadyCLOUD mobile app or web portal, you'll now have anytime, anywhere access to your USB drive at home.
High Security: Maintain the highest security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it's preventing phishing & spyware or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
- VPN Support: VPN support offers secure remote access for telecommuters.
- Parental Controls: Keep your Internet browsing experience safe and secure with free parental controls. It allows you to limit access to certain web sites at certain times. For example no social networking or gaming site access after dinner time.
- Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network or to the shared USB hard drive with all your personal data.
- Secure WiFi Connections: Secure WiFi connections offer the highest level of WPA/WPA2/WPA2-PSK security with Double firewall protection (SPI/NAT firewall) and Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention.
- Personal FTP Server: With your customized free URL, you can use FTP to access your network when you aren't home through Dynamic DNS.
Auto Backup: Keep your content safe by using the included ReadySHARE Vault application for backing up Windows-based PCs. For Mac OS users, back-up using Apple Time Machine.
- ReadyShare Vault PC: Use the free NETGEAR ReadySHARE Vault app to back up your Windows computers to a USB hard drive connected to the Nighthawk router.
- Time Machine: You can use Time Machine to back up your Mac computers onto a USB hard disk drive that is connected to one of the router's USB ports.
Computer Requirements: The NETGEAR AC1900 (D7000) is compatible with Windows PC (8/7/Vista/XP/2000) and Mac computers (OS X). It also supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.
Automatic Firmware Updates: Once the AC1900 DSL Modem Router is connected to the Internet, the modem router automatically checks for available firmware updates. Click here for the latest firmware updates.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Have slow DSL phone line with Frontier and hope to upgrade TV soon. Will be talking to you about that later. Thnx. [ PETER Dec 08, 2017 ]
Previously purchased one of your large ZVOX TV speakers and was very well satisfied with the product and timely shipping. [ Dean C. Aug 18, 2017 ]
Best DSL Modem Router on market. [ DENNIS J. Dec 13, 2016 ]
Recommended by another Crutchfield customer to me.... [ C Nov 14, 2016 ]