dbx® 1074 QuadGate™
Quad-channel noise gate
Our take on the dbx® 1074 QuadGate™ by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Keep noise out with this versatile gate
The 1074 QuadGate™ provides four channels of noise gating with threshold, depth and release controls on each channel. On the back panel you'll find balanced XLR inputs and outputs for each channel, as well as a 1/4" side chain (key) input for each channel. The 1074 also has an internal filter that can be independently controlled on a channel-by-channel basis. This filter not only helps clean up tracks, but also gives you frequency selective control on each gate, to open exactly when you want it to. The 1074's exceptional sound quality and functionality, combined with an intuitive layout, make it the perfect tool for novices and pros alike.
The 1074 is a high-precision 4-channel noise gate with threshold, depth, and release controls on each channel. Each channel also has a side chain input for triggered gating.
Get rid of hiss, hum, and buzz
If you need quad gating, it's hard to think of a better solution anywhere near this price. Common applications include gating dry and percussive sounds like snare drum and kick drum, or sounds with longer decay times such as cymbals and pianos, and, of course, eliminating hum or buzz from live instrument feeds or recorded tracks. The 1074 is also effective for gating instrument microphones to eliminate amplifier bleed, or getting rid of headphone leakage into microphones.
- four independent channels of noise gating
- independent threshold and release controls
- independent key filtering
- stereo coupling mode
- switchable +4dBu or -10dBv operation per channel for compatibility with pro and consumer gear
- balanced XLR and inputs and outputs with stereo coupling for channels 1 & 2 and 3 & 4
- balanced 1/4" TRS key input for each channel for external gate triggering
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (±0.5dB)
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 9"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 6.9 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee