Harman Kardon Soundsticks Wireless
Powered 2.1 speaker system with Bluetooth®
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Harman Kardon Soundsticks Wireless by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Elegant design meets high-tech sound in the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks Wireless speaker system.
A wireless work of art
The original design for the Harman Kardon Soundsticks system is enshrined in New York's Museum of Modern Art. This version of the iconic speaker set retains that classic look, but adds wireless connectivity to bring it up to date. Connect to your laptop or mobile device via Bluetooth, and Harman's TrueStream™ technology delivers clear, reliable music, dialogue and sound effects. Built-in amplifiers deliver 10 watts to each "stick" and 20 to the subwoofer, creating a personal desktop "bubble" of sound. It not only looks like a work of art — it sounds like one, too.
The Soundsticks Wireless setup looks like no other speaker system out there. Each of the tall, translucent left and right speakers sports four 1" full-range drivers that create an excellent near-field listening environment. Bass is provided by the 6" down-firing subwoofer that's ensconced in a see-through ported cabinet detailed with dark accents and a luminescent white LED glow for added effect. Clever touch controls allow you to change volume or mute the system in an instant.
- bundle includes one pair of Harman Kardon speakers and a 6" subwoofer
- system power: 40 watts
- system frequency response: 44-22,000 Hz (±3dB)
- HARMAN TrueStream™ wireless technology lets you send music wirelessly Bluetooth-enabled devices quickly and easily
- sensitive touch controls for raising, lowering or muting system volume
- cutting edge industrial-design aesthetic features elegant black accents and a luminescent white LED glow
- minijack stereo aux input
- each speaker features:
- four 1" full-range transducers
- clear vertical cabinet design with small desktop footprint
- rear-panel minijack input for connecting an audio source
- 10 watts RMS per speaker
- attached 6-1/2' cables
- 2"W x 10"H x 2"D (each)
- weight: 1.5 lb. (each)
- powered subwoofer features:
- down-firing 6" woofer
- 20-watt RMS subwoofer amplifier
- AC power adapter and cord
- 9-3/16"W x 10-3/16"H x 9-3/16"D
- weight: 4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 1 year amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Satellite speakers (w/ attached 6.5' cables)
- Powered subwoofer
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 4' DC power cord)
- 47" AC power cord
- 5' Stereo minijack cable
- 6" Female minijack-to-female stereo RCA cable
- Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Harman Kardon Soundsticks Wireless Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||3|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|Midrange size (inches)||1|
|Woofer size (inches)||N/A|
|Power Output (Watts)||40|
|Frequency Response||44-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Harman/Kardon SoundSticks Wireless system offers built-in Bluetooth technology for wireless connection of your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop and more. You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the H/K speaker system. You will continue to use your Bluetooth device to control music playback and view song/artist information. The SoundSticks Wireless offers a simple pairing procedure for most Bluetooth-enabled devices; a single button press pairs your Bluetooth-enabled device with the system.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Harman/Kardon SoundSticks Wireless system.
Harman TrueStream Technology: Harman TrueStream is Harman/Kardon's guarantee that you will experience the best possible listening experience when streaming wirelessly via Bluetooth technology. Because there are many connectivity options when it comes to Bluetooth technology, H/K engineers always use the most current and most advanced. This method ensures the highest quality sound no matter the application or source device.
2.1Ch Speaker System: The Harman/Kardon SoundSticks Wireless system features two satellite loudspeakers and a powered subwoofer for rich, detailed sound. The power subwoofer will need to be plugged into a AC outlet and the two satellite speakers plug into the powered subwoofer.
- 40W Amplification: With 40 watts of amplification producing rich, realistic sound, the SoundSticks Wireless system offers consistent, optimal performance with strong bass output that will make all your music sound great, no matter what source is generating the music. The 40W amplifier is built into the powered subwoofer. The 6" woofer is powered by 20 watts, while each satellite speaker is powered by 10 watts.
- Satellite Speakers: The SoundSticks Wireless system features eight full-range 1" transducers (four in each satellite speaker) that offer increased power handling and audio output, while filling your room with great sound. With low distortion and high sound quality, the SoundSticks Wireless speakers ensure that you'll hear music exactly the way its creators intended.
- 6" Subwoofer: In addition the pair satellite speakers, the SoundSticks Wireless system also features a 6" down-firing subwoofer with volume control. By aiming sound down instead of sideways, they subwoofer makes your system less susceptible to adverse room variables and gives you consistent performance. The subwoofer also has a flared port that reduces port noise during high-volume audio passages. A separate volume control for the powered subwoofer allows you to tailor the system's bass response to your room, music, and taste.
Touch Controls: The SoundSticks Wireless system makes it easy for you to interact with its subwoofer and satellite-speakers, offering sensitive touch controls for raising, lowering or muting the system volume. By responding to the gentle touch of your fingertip, this intuitive design feature makes the SoundSticks Wireless system easy to operate.
Aux Input: Thanks to its 3.5mm Aux input, you can use the SoundSticks Wireless speakers with nearly any device that has stereo line-level outputs.
AC Power Adapter: The Harman/Kardon SoundSticks Wireless system operates off of standard household current using the included AC power adapter and cord.
- Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz, 1.5A
- Output: 16V - 1.5A
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Great reviews about product. I have shopped from you guys for years and you have never led me wrong. Thanks [ Lucien Mar 14, 2018 ]
great design, wireless, space saving, heard the product and liked the quality. [ Beate Dec 16, 2017 ]
Great Sound, Great Looks, if the Harman Kardon speakers are good enough for Mercedes Benz that says a lot! ?????????? [ LAURA Dec 14, 2017 ]
Brand reputation and buyer reviews and looks [ William K. Oct 13, 2016 ]
I like the sound quality of Harman Kardon products and wanted an affordable, computer speaker system with good soundstage, fidelity and bass. The other speakers did not have enough bass from what I read. This Harman Kardon subwoofer, affordability and sound quality determined my purchase. I also saw a demo on YouTube that impressed me. [ Elizabeth A. Sep 19, 2016 ]
Gift for my daughter. She had this speaker set without the bluetooth for 10 years and was very happy with it, so I upgraded to the bluetooth. [ Lenore Dec 23, 2015 ]
1 question already asked
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your current gear. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Harman/Kardon SoundSticks Wireless system. They should be able to help sort this out on if it will connect to your current gear properly. [ Jeff Jun 19, 2015 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
Harman Kardon Soundsticks Wireless
Powered 2.1 speaker system with Bluetooth®
Bose® Companion® 2 Series III multimedia speaker system
Bose® Companion® 20 multimedia speaker system
Powered desktop stereo speaker system