6-source, 6-room audio controller/amplifier with Auriel™ 2.0 intelligent control software
Our take on the Niles MRC-6430 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Enjoy music throughout your home
Build a fun, easy-to-use multi-room audio system with the Niles MRC-6430 controller/amplifier. This clean eight-channel amplifier can drive stereo speakers in four different rooms at the same time. Connect up to six audio sources like a CD player or turntable, or enjoy music from streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and Deezer. You can even control this versatile system your smartphone, tablet, or PC.
Auriel software gives you intuitive control
Download Niles' Auriel app to your mobile device, and you can browse and choose playlists, albums, artists, and song titles with sources like the SONOS CONNECT and CONNECT:AMP from anywhere in your home. The MRC-6430 makes it possible to listen to any source, in any room, at any time — even if someone is already listening to something different in another room.
This means mom and dad can relax with smooth jazz in the kitchen, while guests enjoy classic rock in the living room. The kids can even sing along to top 40 hits in the backyard, and change their own volume and skip tracks right from their smartphones.
Simplified tablet- or PC-based configuration
Thanks to Niles' Auriel software wizard, the MRC-6430 is simple and convenient to connect and program. Simply connect it to an open Ethernet port on your network router, connect your sources, IR emitters, and speakers, then follow the intuitive, step-by-step programming instructions on your tablet or PC to configure your system.
To add more zones to your Niles audio system, connect an additional MRC-6430 controller/amplifier. You'll be able to distribute music to as many as 12 different rooms.
- plays music from as many as six audio sources in up to six areas of your home at the same time
- built-in amplifier powers up to four pairs of speakers
- connects to a home network via Ethernet for easy A/V source and system control using your smartphone, tablet, or optional wall-mounted and hand-held interfaces
- easy-to-use iOS® and Android™ app lets you control the system, music sources, and optional home automation devices, including lighting and HVAC
- features access to streaming services like Spotify®, TuneIn, Pandora®, Tidal, Slacker™, Deezer and more
- two-way metadata capability for viewing album art, playlists, station information, etc. with compatible devices
- Auriel software wizard allows computer/tablet-based configuration for simplified system setup (7" or larger tablet recommended)
- supports IP-based lighting and climate control
- expandable up to 12 zones with additional MRC-6430
- 6 RCA stereo inputs for connecting source components
- 6 RCA stereo preamp outputs for Zones 1-6 (switchable fixed/variable) for connecting external amplifiers
- amplified and preamp outputs for Zones 1-4, preamp output only for Zones 5-6
- 4 sets of removable speaker terminals with four screw-down connections for speaker wire (up to 14 AWG)
- 30 watts RMS per channel x 8 into 8 ohms
- 45 watts RMS per channel x 8 into 4 ohms
- THD: less than 0.1% (1 watt output into 8 ohms)
- RJ-45 Ethernet port connects to home network router using CAT-5 or CAT-5e cable
- TCP/IP backbone for control with no proprietary wiring needed
- 6 routable IR outputs for external component control
- connection for optional Niles DBI-2 doorbell interface
- shelf- or rack-mountable design (rack mount ears included)
- 17-1/4"W x 3-1/2"H (4-15/16"H with feet attached) x 12-7/8"D
- Note: this unit recently received a major software upgrade. Learn more about Auriel 2.0's extensive feature set here.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Multi-room audio controller
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Removable speaker connectors
- 2 Rackmount ears
- Installation Guide
Very happy with the ease of configuration and the functionality. Highly recommend the Niles MRC-6430 to any DIY person who is not intimidated by technology and has an need to control numerous speaker zones.
Janice, Newtown Square, PA
Niles MRC-6430 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Multi-Room Audio Controller: The Niles MRC-6430 is a whole home audio controller that delivers up to six unique music sources for amazing sound in six rooms of the house. The MRC-6430 integrates multi-room audio along with home theater control in a way that is simple to set up and easy to use. And, for larger homes, two MRC-6430s can be paired to create a six-source, 12-zone system. Additionally, all zones are equipped with fixed or variable pre-outs, making it simple to add power and volume with an external power amplifier (sold separately).
6 Source/6 Zone (Expandable): The MRC-6430 provides six audio source inputs (RCA) and provides four amplified zone along with two pre-out zones (separate amplifiers required for Zones 5 & 6). You can simply add another Niles MRC-6430 audio controller through system's Loop Outputs to create a more robust multi-room system with twelve zones (a maximum of two MRC-6430s can be daisy-chained).
Network Connection: The MRC-6430 is fitted with a Ethernet RJ-45 port for connection to your home's local area network (LAN). Use a category 5 (or higher) cable to make a connection between the Ethernet port on the MRC-6430 and an open Ethernet port on your network router. Connecting the MRC-6430 to your home's network allows it to communicate with Niles controllers, Apple iOS & Android devices, as well as other 3rd party controllers (all sold separately).
Note: The MRC-6430 is an IP based system and as such has no keypad connections on the rear. All user interfaces use internet protocol to communicate with the MRC-6430 system through the local area network (LAN), either hard-wired or via WiFi. The MRC-6430 and all user interfaces must be connected to the same local area network (LAN).
Niles Controllers: The Niles MRC-6430 multi-room audio controller delivers amazing sound throughout the home using a simple, intuitive user interface with options that include a handheld remote, a seven-button keypad pre-programmed for zones, and a choice of touch panel devices (all sold separately). The intuitive interface renders identically across devices enabling simple and convenient control by all.
- NTP7 Touch Panel: The NTP7 touchscreen (7" screen) is wall-mountable in either portrait or landscape orientation to best suit the needs of the room. The NTP7 features a proximity sensor to wake it from sleep without any touch required and provides a dedicated Niles user interface for a more customized experience.
- NHR200 Remote Control: The NHR200 Home Theater and whole house WiFi remote control is a sleek extension of the intuitive Niles system. The NHR200 features all of the function of a touchscreen packaged in the contemporary styled remote control. A stylish charging base is included and keeps the NHR200 ready to grab-and-go.
- NKP7 Keypad: The NKP7 keypad delivers a simple interface (7 buttons total) that lets you easily select your favorite sources, adjust volume, and turn off the system. Its extremely simple to use and easy to navigate.
Note: The listed remote controls are all sold separately (not included).
Niles Auriel App: The MRC-6430 may also be managed from a variety of mobile devices like Apple iOS devices, Android smartphones/tablets, plus Windows or Mac-based computers using the Niles Auriel Control App. This free application provides not only control of the MRC-6430, but also displays metadata such as song/artist info, album art, and even station identification.
- For Apple iOS: Download the free Niles Auriel App from Apple's App store onto your Apple iOS (4.3+) iPhone, iPad, or touch.
- For Android: Download the free Niles Auriel App from the Google Play Store onto your Android (OS 2.2+) smartphone or tablet.
- For Windows or Mac: Download the free Niles Auriel App from the Niles website onto your compatible Windows (XP/Vista/7) PC or Mac (OS X) Computer.
3rd Party Controllers: The MRC-6430 can also be controlled from a variety of third party control systems. 3rd Party Control Systems include ELAN, Control4, Savant, Crestron, RTi, URC, AMX, etc.
8-Channel Amplifier: The MRC-6430's advanced Class-D amplifiers deliver 30 watts per channel to each of the 4 powered zones (240 watt total system power). Low impedance capability (4Ω stable) provides speaker connection flexibility. There are four sets of removable speaker wire terminals, one for each amplified zone. The terminals accept speaker wires up to 14 AWG in size.
Inputs/Loop Outputs: The MRC-6430 is fitted with six stereo RCA analog audio inputs to connect your external sources. Each source input also features a stereo RCA Loop Output to connect to another MRA-644 for expanded Zone control (up to 12 zone).
Pre-Outs: If you need more power, each of the four powered zones also feature RCA pre-out connections to support the connection of higher powered amplifiers (sold separately). A separate amplifier is recommended if you are power outdoor speakers. The MRC-6430 preamp outputs can be set for fixed or variable output depending on system design. You can even use the speaker outputs and pre-amp outputs can be used at the same time if you need more than just a single pair of speakers in one zone.
Whole House Mode: In addition to sending a different audio source signal to each Zone, you can set the MRC-6430 to "Whole House Mode" so all zones playback the same audio source.
Custom Tailored Sound: Independent bass, treble, and loudness controls enable the customization of each zone to optimize performance.
Assignable IR Outputs: The MRC-6430 has an IR output (3.5mm) for each source input (IR emitters sold separately). has a built-in IR database of codes to control sources from around the world. The IR database is cloud-based and is updated frequently. IR controllable sources are items like Cable or Satellite set-top boxes, Outboard AM/FM tuners, CD\DVD or Bluray Players, Media players like Apple TV and Roku, Game Systems and iPod docks.
IP Control: The MRC-6430 has built-in drivers for controlling sources via Internet Protocol (IP). These drivers are built-in, tested and allow two way feedback and control of sources like Tuners\Internet Tuners built into AVR receivers from many third-party manufacturers. There are also two-way feedback drivers built-in to control media player sources such as Sonos, Autonomics, Yamaha Aventage and Logitech Music Service (LMS) based media players such as Fusion Research and S1Digital. The two-way feedback include various levels of Metadata and album art to be shown on the Niles based user interfaces. The level of Metadata feedback is limited to the media player and music service.
Paging: This feature allows paging from a phone system, to be heard through the speakers in pre-configured zones. The zones of the MRC-6430 that are on will mute so the page can be heard. The zones that were off will turn on so the page can be heard. When the page is completed, zones that were on will automatically begin playing music again and the zones that were off will again turn off.
USB Port: The USB (type-A) port is for Niles approved accessories only (sold separately). Not used for plugging in USB thumbdrives, Apple iPod/iPhone/iPads, Android smartphone/tablets, or other 3rd party USB devices
Rack Mountable: You can use the included rack mount ears and hardware to mount the Niles MRC-6430 into a standard equipment rack. Ensure adequate ventilation for the MRC-6430 by placing at least one blank rack space above and below.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Had one that died. Needed another one. [ Steven May 30, 2018 ]
Uprgrading my existing GXR2 system and wiring looks very compatible. Will want advisor for some zone help if possible [ Jon May 15, 2018 ]
best for zones, great reviews [ Erik Nov 06, 2017 ]
6 questions already asked
The Crutchfield A/V Design Group will be best suited to help with specific questions about your multi-room audio/video setup: http://www.crutchfield.com/Institutional/diy.aspx This specially-trained group of advisors can go over what you have, what you want, and recommend the components you'll need to get the performance you require. Thanks! [ Larry Aug 24, 2017 ] Staff
It will be and all the zones will get the same MusicCast source. If you want each zone to play a difference MusicCast source, then you need to get a Yamaha WXC-50 for each zone that you want to be different from the rest of the ones that will be connected to this amp. You can find the WXC-50 here: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_022WXC50DS/item.html HTH! My Bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul May 28, 2017 ] Staff
In the configuration you can (and should) set the controller to "constant on". While this does not keep the amp on, it does keep network "awareness" active so you can turn things on/off via your PC or iPad/iPhone. So, the unit is "on" but not generating any heat until you start pumping contact through it and turn one or more zones on via your PC or ios device. [ John Jan 18, 2016 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Jeff Dec 01, 2015 ] Staff
Contact Niles customer support - they are very good [ LORAINE May 28, 2015 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: On that Niles MRC-6430, it mentions that you can manage and control the device with an iPhone, tablet or Android device when you download the Niles Auriel app. The music source would be a network connection and the Internet and/or an input from one of the six stereo RCA analog audio inputs. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy May 19, 2015 ] Staff