Definitive Technology IWSub 10/10
Passive in-wall subwoofer with matching amplifier
Our take on the Definitive Technology IWSub 10/10 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Big bass that saves you space
Definitive Technology's IWSub 10/10 mounts flush in your wall for powerful bass that blends beautifully into your room.
Subwoofers add hard-hitting excitement to movies, video games, and music. But they can also take up valuable real estate in your listening room. Not Definitive Technology's IWSub 10/10. This powerful in-wall subwoofer delivers deep, high-impact bass without sacrificing an inch of floor space. Its sealed, non-resonant enclosure houses an active 10" long-throw woofer, pressure coupled to a 10" passive radiator. Together, they create more bass radiating surface area than a single larger diameter woofer — but with greater speed and control to ensure fast, accurate low frequencies without boominess.
Power to spare
The IWSub 10/10 is packaged here with Definitive Technology's separate SubAmp 600 power amplifier. This potent, custom-engineered amp pumps out 275 watts of solid power to effortlessly drive one or two Definitive in-wall subs. Convenient front-panel crossover, output level, and phase controls allow you to precisely tailor the amp's output with ease. The SubAmp's standard chassis width and attractive aluminum face plate make it right at home when stacked with your other audio/video components. Or, you can use the included brackets to mount it out of the way in an audio equipment rack.
IWSub 10/10 in-wall subwoofer:
- one 10"active, long-throw woofer
- one 10" passive bass radiator
- non-resonant, sealed Medite® MDF enclosure
- frequency response 16-200 Hz
- mounting hardware, anti-rattle gasket material included
- paintable bezel and grille
- cutout: 14-3/8"W x 19-7/8"H
- mounting depth: 3-13/16"
- warranty: 5 years drivers and enclosure
SubAmp 600 amplifier:
- 275 watts mono, 230 watts per channel when driving two subwoofers
- shelf or rack mount design
- front-panel volume control
- front-panel variable 40-150 Hz low-pass crossover
- continuously variable, front-panel phase control (0-180°)
- binding post speaker-level inputs and outputs
- stereo RCA line-level inputs
- unfiltered LFE (Low Frequency Effects) input for connection to a home theater receiver's subwoofer output
- signal-sensing auto on/off mode
- rack ears included
- black anodized aluminum face plate
- detachable AC power cord
- 17-1/8"W x 3-11/16"H x 11-1/8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- This subwoofer package contains two individually packaged items: a Definitive Technology IWSub 10/10 in-wall subwoofer and a Definitive Technology SubAmp 600 subwoofer amplifier
- The IWSub 10/10 Box includes:
- One in-wall subwoofer
- Grille (attached)
- 7 Self--adhesive foam gaskets
- 6 Screws
- Paint mask
- Owner's manual
- Online product registration card
- The SubAmp 600 Box includes:
- One in-wall subwoofer amplifier
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 4 Screws
- Owner's manual
- Online product registration card
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Cutout Size||14.375 x 19.875|
|Woofer Composition||Not given|
|Woofer Surround||Not given|
|Power Range (Watts)||275|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Parts Warranty||Sub: 5 Yrs, Amp: 3 Yrs|
|Labor Warranty||Sub: 5 Yrs, Amp: 3 Yrs|
In-Wall Sub: The IWSub 10/10 is a completely self enclosed in-wall subwoofer for use in whole house distributed music or stealth home theater installations. It has a non-resonant sealed medite (a dense wood product) enclosure and a paintable bezel and grille. It includes a special shallow-depth, long excursion 10" driver pressure-coupled to a 10" ultra-low bass radiator for deep, tight, high impact bass.
Spring-Post Terminals: The IWSub 10/10 in-wall subwoofer is fitted with a pair of spring-post speaker terminals which will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (dual or single).
Installation: The IWSub 10/10 installation is straightforward in both new construction and existing walls. It requires a rectangular cut-out of 14.375" (w) x 19.875" (h) x 3.8125" (d) Tools required.
- Pencil for marking and leveling the location of installation
- Keyhole saw or utility knife for cutting drywall
- Level for leveling in-wall subwoofer
- Screwdriver, preferably powered, with Phillips head bit
- Power drill with appropriate bit (optional, for starting wall cut)
- Included template & foam gaskets
Subwoofer Amplifier: The SubAmp 600 has two discrete high power amplifiers, which provide optimal power for effortlessly driving one (275 watts) or two IWSubs (230 watts each), in the same room or in different zones.
Front-Panel Controls: The amp provides Volume, Low-Pass Crossover (40-150Hz/12db per octave), and Phase (0-180°) adjustments through convenient front-panel controls.
Low-Level & High-Level Connectivity: The SubAmp 600 has a range of inputs and outputs to allow easy and effective connection to your home receiver and the included in-wall subwoofer:
- LFE Input: a single low-level RCA input which connects to your receiver's LFE output; this connection bypasses the amp's crossover network
- RCA Input: low-level stereo RCA inputs; this connection uses the amp's crossover network
- High-Level Inputs/Outputs: the speaker-level inputs (binding posts) are designed to be used with a home A/V receiver that does not have any RCA type; the amp also has speaker-level outputs (binding posts) to connect your front/main speakers; this connection uses the amplifier's internal crossover network
- Subwoofer Output: two pair of subwoofer output binding post terminals to connect to one or two Definitive Technology in-wall subwoofers (one included)
Note: 5-way binding post terminals are used for the high-level inputs/outputs and subwoofer outputs. These speaker terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), spade-connectors, pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
12V Trigger Input: Connect your A/V receiver's 12-volt trigger output to the SubAmp 600's 12-volt trigger input so the SubAmp 600 turns ON when you power up your home receiver.
Mounting Options: The SubAmp 600 fits easily on a shelf or in an audio equipment rack. It features side mounting brackets for use in professional audio racks. When installing in either professional audio racks or in A/V rack furniture, be sure to leave adequate ventilation space around the amp amplifier.
- Width: 17-1/8"
- Height: 3-11/16"
- Depth: 11-1/8"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.