3-input mixer/amplifier — 35 watts RMS x 1
Our take on the Atlas AA35G by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Background music and paging system
If you want the ability to play background music, page someone, or make announcements in your place of business, Atlas Sound's AA35G mixer amplifier can provide the power and distribution of the audio to your speakers. The AA35G puts out up to 35 watts RMS for a single 8-ohm speaker, like in a gym PA for example, or for multiple transformer-coupled speakers in a 70-volt distributed system throughout the building. Three inputs — one microphone and two stereo pairs — let you play two different sources of music and make announcements.
You can set the AA35G so the music mutes when the microphone is on or when its button activates the remote trigger. You can also route any combination of inputs to a Zone 2 output for a second set of speakers or for music on hold (MOH) in a telephone system.
Helpful connections, controls, and indicators
The microphone channel has phantom power available, so you can use a condenser microphone. A preamp output allows the AA35G to work in conjunction with another amplifier or external audio device. The neatly laid-out front panel includes a volume control for each channel, along with bass and treble controls so you can tweak the tone of the final mix. A Peak light indicates signal clipping, so you'll know to ease off the volume in order to maintain clean sound.
Atlas AA35G rear connection and routing panel
Get a free system design
- amplified 3-channel mixer for commercial audio distribution
- output: 35 watts RMS x 1 at 8 ohms, 70 volts, and 100 volts
- Zone 2 output: 1 watt at 8 ohms, 1.5 volts at 600 ohms (for MOH)
- 3 inputs: one balanced microphone/line, two unbalanced stereo pair line
- dip switches for input routing, mute selection, phantom power, and low-cut filter (400 Hz, 6 dB/octave)
- remote and voice-activated mute
- individual input volume controls
- bass and treble tone controls
- balanced preamp output
- universal power supply: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- optional Atlas Rack Mount Kit available
- dimensions: 8-1/4"W x 3-7/8"H (including feet) x 13-3/4"D
- weight: 8.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Mixer Amplifier
- 35" Power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Owners Manual
Overview: The Atlas AA35G is a 3 input channel mixer/amplifier designed for distributed business paging and background music systems, small to medium speech privacy systems, and in applications where music on hold plus paging is required. With one balanced microphone/line input and two stereo unbalanced line inputs, the AA35G will accommodate a variety of input sources including paging microphones, cd players, and digital music receivers. A dip switch selectable matrix allows the creation of a Zone 2 mix from any or all of the input sources for music or messaging on hold applications. The amp also provides 70V, 100V, and 8Ω connections, with 35 watts of output power.
Inputs: All inputs are located on the rear panel and are as follows:
- Input 1: This is a 5-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector that can accommodate a mic or line level signal . It also includes Priority terminals for a "push-to-talk" mic, which mutes the other inputs when activated. This input can also use voice-activated (VOX) muting, which is triggered by a signal on the microphone and includes a Threshold dial, which adjusts how loud the mic signal must be to mute the other channels.
- Inputs 2 and 3: Both of these inputs are stereo, unbalanced RCA inputs for running audio signals such as a CD or MP3 player. The stereo signal on these inputs gets summed to a mono signal.
Outputs: All outputs are located on the rear panel and are as follows:
- Amplifier Output: The main speaker output is a 4-terminal set screw block, that includes connections for 100V, 70V, and 8Ω speaker configurations. This section has a pre-installed protective metal cover that is easily removed to access terminals.
- Line Output: This section uses a 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector to pass the main audio signal out to another amplifier. This output is not affected by the Master Level control on the front panel.
- Zone 2 Output: This 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector includes an MOH (Music on Hold) input, which ties into a phone system, allowing any music source connected to the amp to play over a phone line while a caller is on hold. There is also an 8Ω/1W output, for a direct speaker connection, and also has an adjustment dial to control the level of the Zone 2 signal.
DIP Switches: The AA35G includes a DIP switch matrix for quick and easy configuration of inputs and outputs. This allows for the following settings:
- 1 - CH1 Mic on/Line off
- 2 - CH1 Normal
- 3 - CH1 Priority
- 4 - CH1 Vox
- 5 - CH1 to Zone 2
- 6 - CH2 to Zone 2
- 7 - CH3 to Zone 2
- 8 - Phantom
Controls: The front panel controls of the AA35G include:
- Input Levels: Each of the three inputs has its own level control.
- Master Level: Controls the overall signal to the speaker output. This does not affect the Line Output level.
- Tone Controls: Recessed Bass and Treble controls allow ± 10dB of adjustment at 100Hz and 10kHz.
- Power Switch
LED Indicators: A Power indicator lights blue when the unit is powered on. A green LED above each of the Input Level controls lights when the input signal level exceeds -40dBu and flashes brightly if the signal reaches the distortion level. The Master Level section also includes a green signal indicator, which lights when the signal exceeds -40dBu, and a red Clip indicator that will flash brightly if the output signal reaches the distortion level.
Phantom Power: If DIP switch 8 is turned on, the AA35G will provide 15V of phantom power to Input 1. Condenser mics that require more than 15V of phantom power will not work.
Rack Mount: The AA35G can be rack mounted using the optional Atlas Rack Mount Kit (Item# 978AAGRMK2). This allows the amp to be mounted in a standard 19" rack space. Joiner plates are also included, with the Rack Mount Kit, so two of the AA35G's can be rack mounted side-by-side.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Output Power: 35 Watts
- Zone 2 Output 1W: 1 Watt @ 8Ω
- Zone 2 Output 600Ω: 500mV into 600Ω
- Phantom Power: 15VDC
- Dimensions: Width = 8.25", Height = 3.875", Depth = 13.75"
- Weight: 8.1 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.