ZLX Series 12" powered loudspeaker — 1,000W peak
Item # 971ZLX12P | MFR # ZLX-12P-US
$399.00 each Earn up to 399 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Electro-Voice ZLX-12P by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Power vs. weight
Modern speaker technology has really improved the lives of performers everywhere, especially when it comes to lower backs. Electro-Voice has been a leader in making speakers smaller and more powerful, and their ZLX Series speakers offer uncompromised sound quality in incredibly compact, lightweight enclosures.
Built-in DSP even has a setting for using this speaker as a floor monitor.
Plenty of power
The ZLX-12P powered speaker delivers impressive performance in just about any setting, using a built-in Class D amplifier that delivers 1000 watts to a 12" woofer and a 1.5" titanium high-frequency driver. A built-in pole mount lets you mount the speaker on a stand or above a subwoofer, and the enclosure's shape allows you to use it as a stage monitor.
The speaker's simple control panel gives you access to a world of sonic tools. You can access onboard QuickSmartDSP by pressing the Master Volume knob, which gives you control over Mode, Location, Treble, and Bass, along with a Sub mode which offers three different high-pass filter settings. You can use these presets to optimize your speaker to a given setting quickly. A built-in limiter engages automatically to protect your equipment when the overall level exceeds a preset threshold.
The ins and outs
The two input channels are equipped with combination 1/4" TRS and XLR inputs; one channel also has a 1/8" stereo plug input. Input level meters help you get maximum performance without distortion. An XLR line output provides signal for other ZLX-12Ps or for a powered subwoofer.
The sturdy polypropylene cabinet with its 18-gauge steel grille protects the speakers and amplifier. If you're looking for a versatile, powerful speaker that you can carry easily with one hand, the Electro-Voice ZLX-12P is ready to go to work for you
- 2-way powered PA speaker
- 12" woofer and 1-1/2" titanium compression driver
- polypropylene enclosure
- 1000-watt Class D amplifier
- biamped with built-in crossover
- XLR/1-4" input for mics or line level devices
- QuickSmartDSP gives you control over Mode, Location, Treble, Bass, and Sub mode
- Link Output for connecting other powered speakers
- maximum SPL: 126 dB
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- dimensions: 24"H x 12"W x 12"D
- weight: 34.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- PA active loudspeaker
- AC power cord
- Owner's Manual
Very clean, crisp sound with perfect amount of bass. Highly recommend.
Anonymous, Roswell, GA
Electro-Voice ZLX-12P Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.5|
|System Frequency response||50-20000|
|RMS Power rating||250|
|Program Power rating||Not given|
|Peak Power rating||1000|
|Mic Inputs||2 XLR/TRS combo|
|Line Inputs||XLR/TRS (2)|
Powered PA Speaker: The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P active PA speaker was designed to give you power and performance, making it an ideal choice for smaller-venue sound reinforcement or stage-monitoring.
Two-Way Driver Design w/ Patented Split-Baffle: The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P powered PA speaker utilizes a two-way driver design with a 1.5" high-frequency compression driver and a 12" low-frequency woofer. The powered PA speaker's patented split-baffle design delivers superior driver time alignment.
Class-D Amplifier: The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P employs a 250W RMS/1000W Peak Class-D amplifier for dynamic sound with low distortion.
DSP Controls w/ LCD: The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P's powerful DSP engine is accessed by a clean 3-knob design and LCD screen, and offers precise control and configuration. You can adjust the brightness and contrast of the LCD.
- Master Volume: The Master Volume knob controls the the powered speaker's overall volume level.
- Presets: Use the presets to optimize The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P according to your application (music, live, speech, club) and your location (pole mount, monitor, install) and hear the difference.
- Bass & Treble: You can adjust the system's Bass & Treble from -10 to +10 dB.
- Sub LPF: Sets the low-pass crossover frequency (80/100/120Hz) when connecting a powered subwoofer.
- Input Level: Level control for adjusting the individual input's sensitivity. Line & Mic input level control is available for both Input 1 & Input 2.
Inputs & Output: The Electro-Voice ZLX-12P active PA speaker is fitted with two balanced TRS/XLR inputs, an unbalanced 3.5mm Aux input, and one balanced XLR output.
- Two Mic/Line Inputs: There are two balanced Mic/Line inputs for the connection of signal sources like mixing consoles, instruments or micorphones. Connections can be established using 1/4" TRS or XLR connectors.
- Aux Input: There is one stereo minijack (3.5mm) Aux input for connection external audio media devices, such as an MP3 player.
- Output: The XLR output connector sends the sum of all input signals to another speaker or subwoofer.
Rugged Cabinet: The active PA loudspeaker's cabinet features durable composite construction. Built-in carry handles make it easy to transport.
Mounting Options: The Electro-Voice ZLX series loudspeaker may be used as a floor monitor by placing the speaker on stable, level surface. It may also be tripod or pole mounted using an optional tripod stand or sub pole (both sold separately). It will accommodate 35mm (1-3/8") stands or poles.
LED Indicators: On the front-panel is an LED that indicates "power on" and "limit".
Optional Accessories: An optional padded cover and wall-mount bracket are available and sold separately (see accessories list).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
used them before and sounds great. [ JAMES Sep 06, 2017 ]
1 question already asked
Frequently Compared With
ZLX Series 12" powered loudspeaker — 1,000W peak
15" 2-way powered PA speaker — 1,300W peak$349.99 each
12" 2-way powered PA speaker — 1,000W peak
ZLX Series 15" powered loudspeaker — 1,000W peak$499.00 each