4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi®
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Samsung UBD-M8500 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Have a 4K TV? See what it can really do
If your new 4K TV just arrived from Crutchfield, you're probably chomping at the bit to see its best picture. Place an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc into the Samsung UBD-M500 4K Blu-ray player's tray, and savor your movies in true 4K resolution — a staggering 3840 x 2160 pixels. This player delivers an incredibly sharp, realistic picture, even when you sit up close.
The Samsung UBD-M8500 features a sturdy disc drive to prevent vibration.
Beautiful, lifelike picture contrast
I think High Dynamic Range (HDR) is the most exciting aspect of Ultra HD Blu-ray. It allows compatible TVs to display extremely bright and dark black picture content together within the same image. (Think tiny stars peeking through the pitch-black night sky.)
This also has Hollywood buzzing. It's given directors a brilliant visual palette to play with — subtle, delicate lighting, sparks of brightness, and true-to-life shading and shadows.
Samsung gives you more 4K viewing options — yep, including Netflix®
Have you ever seen the vibrant Colombian landscapes of Narcos in 4K? It is really something else. And the deeper shading and detail make scenes in small cafés feel even more claustrophobic.
When you connect this player to your home network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, you get several 4K streaming options including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and M-Go. Plus, you can watch 4K video clips on YouTube.
Don't throw out your old discs!
You can still enjoy all your old standard Blu-rays and DVDs on this player. Samsung made 4K upconversion a top priority for the UBD-M8500. Their UHD Upscaling automatically upconverts any signal to 4K resolution. All of your movies and shows will look better than ever.
Find out how great the picture is on your new QLED TV (sold separately) with the Samsung UBD-M8500
Impressive sound and music options
Along with the state-of-the-art picture, your movies will sound amazing too. The Samsung UBD-K8500 has built-in support for the highest-quality surround sound formats, like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS Master Audio™. It also plays Dolby Atmos®-encoded discs (just set the HDMI audio output to "bitstream" when connected to an Atmos-capable receiver).
This Ultra HD player's no slouch when it comes to music, either. You can play music from a CD or stream tunes from services like Pandora® or Spotify®. You can even wirelessly connect to a compatible networked PC via DLNA technology and play songs from your computer.
Samsung's smart hub is smarter than most
This player's brain is a super-speedy eight-core processor — the same found in Samsung's latest high-end TVs, Galaxy phones, and tablets. It lets you do serious multitasking. You can browse the web without having to interrupt your movie, or use one app while downloading another. Plus Samsung's on-board selection of apps is pretty stacked — streaming video, sports leagues, music, games, you name it.
Project images to your screen
While newer phones are getting harder to cram into pockets, sometimes the screens still aren't large enough for certain tasks. Maybe you want to share a video or picture with a group of people. Wirelessly "push" the display to your TV's big screen through the Samsung UBD-M8500. Allshare™, Samsung's take on Miracast™ technology, mirrors the screen of your compatible mobile device, tablet, or computer screen for everyone to see.
- plays Ultra HD Blu-ray discs, standard Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs and rewriteable discs (no 3D playback)
- full 4K resolution video for use with Ultra HD TVs
- 4K video upscaling for standard Blu-ray and DVDs
- supports lower resolutions when used with non-4K TVs
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)-ready for extended picture contrast and brightness on compatible TVs
- supports HDR10 format
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device; PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- this player accepts Region A Blu-ray discs and Region 1 DVDs
- dual-band Wi-Fi for streaming video and music (subscriptions required for some services)
- streaming video services: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, Vudu, and more
- streaming music services: Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- HEVC for watching streamed 4K content from sources like Netflix, Amazon Instant, or YouTube (requires Internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- Samsung's Smart Hub lets you scroll through apps and menu while you watch a disc
- AllShare lets you stream content and mirror screens from compatible Samsung smartphones and tablets
- Multiroom Link for syncing wirelessly with Samsung Shape wireless speakers
- on-board web browser
Technical Specs and General Info:
- selectable video resolution up to 3840 x 2160 pixels
- built-in audio decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS®, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- can pass Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks when HDMI output is set to "bitstream"
- plays AAC, AIFF, ALAC, , FLAC, MP3, WMA, and WAV audio file formats
- front-panel USB port for use with external storage devices
- 1 HDMI output
- HDMI 2.0a (connected 4K TV and/or receiver must have an HDCP 2.2-compatible HDMI input, and must have HDMI 2.0a to support HDR)
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via "MAIN" HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- optical digital audio output
- remote control
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- 16"W x 1-7/8"H x 8-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Ultra-HD Blu-ray player
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AK59-00180A)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- User Manual
- "Optimum Picture Quality" note
Great addition to my Samsung 65" QLED TV!
Hector, Sylmar, CA
Samsung UBD-M8500 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Surround Sound Decoding||
Dolby Digital Plus |
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
|4K Ultra HD||Yes|
|Internet Movie Streaming||Netflix,Amazon,Hulu,Vudu,Googl|
|Built-in Wi-Fi||802.11 b/g/n/ac|
|Smartphone App Control||No|
|DVD Video Upconversion||4K, 1080p, 720p|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Digital Optical Output||1|
|Digital Coaxial Output||None|
|Analog Audio Outputs||None|
|1080p Video Output||Yes|
|Component Video Outputs||None|
Disc Compatibility: The Samsung UBD-M8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray disc player is compatible with many disc types.
|Disc Type||Disc Description|
|Blu-ray||UHD BD-ROM, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE|
|DVD||DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW|
|CD||CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW|
Note: This Ultra-HD Blu-ray disc player does not support 3D video discs.
Ultra HD Blu-Ray: Ultra HD Blu-ray provides these key features and advantages over standard Blu-ray.
- 4K Resolution: Ultra HD Blu-ray supports resolutions of up to 3840 x 2160 pixels. That's 4x as many pixels as Full HD televisions, and 27x as many pixels as Standard Definition televisions
- Wider Color Gamut: Ultra HD Blu-ray can display over 75% of the visible color spectrum; this is known as "Wider Color Gamut". That's more than twice the color range of current Ultra-HD TVs.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): Ultra HD Blu-ray also supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) video. Dynamic range is the difference between the brightest whites and the darkest blacks on screen. HDR means that scenes with high contrast can be shown with much greater clarity and detail.
- Smooth, Realistic Motion: Ultra HD Blu-ray supports progressive frame rates of 24, 25, 50 and 60 frames a second, enabling smoother, more realistic motion.
- Greater Capacity & Speed: Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs will be available in a dual layer 66 gigabyte disc and a triple layer 100 gigabyte disc. Ultra HD Blu-ray can stream video up to a maximum of 108/128 Mbps for 66Gb and 100Gb discs.
- Backward Compatible: Ultra HD Blu-ray players will play all current Blu-ray Disc & DVD content. When connected to a current Ultra-HD TV television, the player will output a standard Ultra-HD TV signal. Ultra HD Blu-ray players will support existing Blu-ray media, as well as provide down conversion and HDR to SDR conversion functionality to match the connected television's capabilities.
Note: Like standard BD, Ultra HD Blu-ray discs use region codes. The region code on your disc must match the region code on your player, otherwise the disc will not play. This Blu-ray player is region A and DVD region 1. Blu-ray Disc uses the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) to prevent unauthorized recording of copyrighted material.
Firmware & Software Updates: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet. The player's Software Upgrade menu allows you to upgrade the player's software & firmware for these performance improvements & additional services. You can upgrade via Network or USB.
Note: Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware/Software updates.
USB 2.0 Port: The Samsung UHD Blu-ray disc player features a side-panel USB 2.0 (type-A) port that allows playback of a variety of audio files (up to 192kHz), still-image files, and video files (up to 4K) stored on a USB mass storage class device (formatted in FAT16, FAT32, or NTFS). A USB device consuming more than 5V/1A requires a separate power supply device for normal operation.
Media File Formats: The Samsung UBD-M8500 Blu-ray disc player supports the following video, photo, and music files recorded onto BD-RE, BD-R, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD-R discs; or downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive.
|Video||AVI, AVCHD, DivX, MKV, MOV, MPEG|
|Photo||JPEG, PNG, BMP|
|Music||MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, OGG|
HDMI 2.0a Output: The Samsung Blu-ray player is equipped with a HDMI 2.0a output for transmitting digital audio/video to your TV and/or AV receiver. The HDMI output resolution can be set to 480p, 720p, 1080p, 2160p, or Auto.
Note: There is no analog video output.
Ultra HD 4K Playback & Upscaling: With stunning UHD 4K, Samsung's UBD-M8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player gives you 4x the resolution of full 1080p HD and boasts incredibly life-like images with a level of detail and clarity like never before. You can even upscale your favorite non-4K video content and enjoy it in 4K Ultra-HD (3,840 x 2,160) with this Samsung UHD Blu-ray Player and your Ultra HD TV.
Note: To enjoy 4K, you must have a compatible 4K television connected to the UHD Blu-ray player via HDMI.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video: With HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology, the Ultra HD Blu-ray Player delivers dynamic UHD content in exceptional quality with a greater range of color contrast and brightness, enhancing details from the original film format. Experience sharp contrasts and brightness with deeper blacks and brighter whites.
Note: This Ultra HD Blu-ray player supports HDR 10, but does not support Dolby Vision HDR.
WCR (Wider Color Range): The Samsung UBD-M8500 supports up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of ultra high-definition video. This allows the Ultra HD Blu-ray player to offer twice the color range of existing conventional Blu-ray players and 64x higher color expressions, surpassing the digital cinema standard. As a result, you'll get to enjoy realistic picture quality like never before.
Deep Color & x.v. Color: Deep Color allows more accurate color reproduction with deep color depth. The Samsung UBD-M8500 must be connected to a Deep Color compatible TV via HDMI for this feature to function. The UBD-M8500 also supports x.v.Color; meaning it's ready for x.v.Color discs, such as AVCHD discs (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format).
Movie Frame (24fps): Movies are typically recorded on film with a frame rate of 24fps (frames-per-second). When a movie is transferred to Ultra HD Blu-ray or Blu-ray Disc at 24 frames per second, the UBD-M8500 will output that signal to the TV at a resolution of 1080i, 1080p, or 2160p with no need for conversion for improved picture quality when watching a movie.
Video Settings: The Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray disc offers a variety of video adjustments to fine tune the TV's picture image.
- TV Aspect: You can adjust the video output of the UBD-M8500 to match the screen-type of your television. You can choose from 16:9 Original, 16:9 Full, 4:3 Letter Box, and 4:3 Pan-Scan.
- Picture Modes: Picture Mode enables you to adjust video quality when the player is connected to your TV. Select between Standard, Movie, Dynamic, or User. The User mode lets you adjust the sharpness and noise reduction function manually.
Bonus View: The Bonus View feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view addition content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing.
Dolby Digital/DTS Surround Decoding: The UBD-M8500 can decode the following Dolby Digital/DTS surround formats; Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS HD High Resolution, and DTS-HD Master Audio. The player must be connected to a Dolby Digital/DTS surround AV receiver which also supports these same formats via optical or HDMI input.
Surround Mode Chart: You can set the unit's Digital Output (HDMI or Optical) to match the capabilities of your connected AV receiver.
|Disc Type||Audio Stream||PCM||Bitstream (Unprocessed)||Bitstream (Re-encode)|
|HDMI||Optical||HDMI||Optical||HDMI or Optical|
| Ultra HD Blu-ray |
|PCM||up to 7.1ch||2ch||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital Plus||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby TrueHD||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby TrueHD||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS||up to 6.1ch||2ch||DTS||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS-HD HRA||up to 7.1ch||2ch||DTS-HD HRA||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS-HD HD MA||up to 7.1ch||2ch||DTS-HD MA||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital||up to 5.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital|
|DTS||up to 6.1ch||2ch||DTS||DTS||DTS|
Note: If you have an AV receiver which decodes Dolby Atmos or DTS:X, you will need to set this UHD Blu-ray player's HDMI output to bitstream.
Optical Digital Output: The UHD Blu-ray disc player features a digital optical (toslink) output. The player's audio menu allows you to select the digital audio format that is passed through the optical digital output; bitstream (Dolby Digital or DTS) or 2-channel PCM.
Note: There is no analog audio output.
Audio Adjustments: The Ultra HD Blu-ray disc player provides the following audio adjustments.
- PCM Downsampling: This feature lets you choose to have 96kHz PCM signals downsampled to 48kHz before they are output to your AV receiver.
- Downmixing Mode: This feature lets you select the multichannel downmix method that is compatible with your stereo receiver. You can choose to have the player downmix to normal stereo or to surround compatible stereo.
- DTS Neo:6 Mode: You can enjoy multichannel sound via the HDMI output from a 2 channel audio source.
- Dynamic Range Control: When movie soundtracks are played at low volume or from smaller speakers, the system can apply appropriate compression to make low-level content more intelligible and prevent dramatic passages from getting too loud. This is only active when a Dolby Digital signal is detected.
- Audio Sync: In some cases when the player is connected to a TV, the audio signal may not synchronize with the video signal. If this occurs, adjust the audio delay time to match the video signal. You can set the audio delay time between 0 msec and 250 msec.
Multiroom Link Compatible: The UHD Blu-ray Player easily integrates into Samsung's Multiroom Link System (sold separately) over WiFi. Enjoy your movies, TV and music wirelessly with rich, multi-room sound and no cluttering cords. Pop in a disc and hear its incredible sound on any compatible speaker in your home.
Wired & Wireless Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray player so that it can access your home network and online Samsung Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired connection (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in Dual Band WiFi). You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Wireless Automatic, Wireless Manual, WPS (PBC), and WPS (PIN)
- Supported WiFi networks include IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN networks (2.4GHz or 5.0GHz).
- Security setup types include WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), and WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES).
Note: A dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better is recommended For 4K streaming. Samsung recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
Online Entertainment Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung Ultra-HD Blu-ray player to your home network, you gain access to a wide variety of movie, music, news, & weather apps (fees may apply).
- 4K/HDR Video Content: This UHD Blu-ray player offers "HEVC/H.265 & VP9" decoding, which means it'll be able to display 4K & 4K HDR content from online movie & TV show providers (like Amazon Video, Netflix, UltraFlix 4K, Google Play Movies & TV, FandangoNow, & YouTube).
- HD Video Apps: Watch high definition movies and TV shows on HuluPlus, Vudu, CinemaNow, & more.
- Music & Radio: Listen to online music and internet radio from Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, and TuneIn.
- Sports & Fitness: Enjoy UFC.TV highlights, plus get workouts from DailyTrainer.
- News & Weather: Get updated with news stock quotes from CNBC Real-Time. Check your local weather and other area weather at The Weather Network, Accuweather, or WeatherNation.
- 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router (or better) for 4K & HDR streaming.
- For some 4K streaming service Apps (Netflix, Amazon, etc.), the use of the 4K service is enabled if your TV and/or AV receiver supports HDCP 2.2. If the TV (or the connected HDMI terminal) does not support HDCP 2.2, the 4K category will not be displayed.
Web Browser You can access the internet using the player's Web Brower application. You can search web pages by entering a URL address or entering a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can also Bookmark web pages and create a Home page. The playback of Flash videos is also supported. The Web Browser is optimized to fill your connected TV's screen.
Note: The Web Browser is not compatible with Java applications. E-commerce, for purchasing products online is not supported. ActiveX is not supported.
Wireless Mobile Device Connectivity: The Samsung Ultra-HD Blu-ray player allows wireless integration with select Android mobile devices, Windows PC, & DLNA servers over a WiFi network connection.
- Blu-ray to Mobile: With Blu-ray to Mobile, you can wirelessly stream content from the Samsung UHD Blu-Ray Player to a compatible Samsung smartphone or tablet on your WiFi network, so you can watch a Blu-ray on your mobile device while watching content from another source on your TV. You can even watch on your Samsung mobile device with the TV turned off. Supporting devices include S8, S7, S6, Note5, and Tab S3 running Nougat OS (7.0+).
- SmartView (Mirroring): The SmartView function lets you view the screen of your Samsung smartphone or tablet on a TV that you have connected to the Ultra-HD Blu-ray player over a wireless WiFi network connection. Compatible Samsung devices include smartphones & tablets running Android OS 4.1+.
- DLNA Certified: The Samsung UHD Blu-ray disc player meets DLNA Certification which allow you to watch videos (MPEG), photos (JPEG), and listen to music (MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC) saved on your Windows PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the player and your connected over a wired or wireless network connection.
BD-Live: BD-Live technology allows you to download and stream bonus content such as additional scenes, shorts, trailers, movie-based games, and more from a broadband internet and home network connections (fees may apply). The UBD-M8500 features an Ethernet port and built-in WiFi to connect to the internet via your home network, and features USB (type-A) port for additional storage.
Note: You must have a minimum 1GB USB memory device inserted in the unit's USB slot in order to download content from BD-Live.
Modern Curved Design: The modern, curved design of the Samsung UBD-M8500 perfectly matches Samsung's 2017 UHD, SUHD, and QLED televisions. With a brushed finish look, Samsung's Ultra HD Blu-ray Player gives your living room a modern, elegant touch.
Smart Hub: The Ultra-HD Blu-ray player's Smart Hub on-screen menu offers easy navigation with quick access. The Smart Hub features easy access to content by displaying your favorite and most used applications, as well as recommendations for even more entertainment options. Smart Hub offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the built-in apps.
- Universal & Keyword Search: You can type in a keyword to search for TV shows & movies across a variety of online applications.
- App Categories: You are able to easily view, navigate and select between the following App categories - Editor's Choice, Most Popular, Downloaded Apps, Group Content, and Genre.
- Recommendations & Popular Episodes: You'll also receive personalized recommendations based on your viewing habits, plus what's popular and trending.
Start Up/Play Back Times: The Samsung UHD Blu-ray player has a start-up time of approximately 9.1 seconds. It takes approximately 19.7 seconds for a UHD Blu-ray disc to begin playback.
Note: The Start Up/Play Back Time tests were started with the UHD Blu-ray player initially turned off & in standby mode. The Start Up Time test was stopped when the player's Home Menu screen appeared. The Play Back Time test was stopped when the UHD Blu-ray disc began playback.
Linking Internet Service Accounts: The Link Service Accounts function lets you link the Samsung UHD Blu-ray player to your accounts with Internet services such as Pandora so that the player can log you in to the service automatically when you start the app for that service.
Parental Lock: The Parental Lock function works in conjunction with Blu-ray Disc/DVDs that have been assigned a rating which helps you control the types of Blu-ray Discs/DVDs that your family watches. There are up to 8 ratings levels on a disc. The rating levels are protected by a customer user 4-digit password. You can also restrict access to inappropriate web pages by allowing access only to the web sites you have registered.
Visually & Hearing Impairment Assistance: The Samsung UHD Blu-ray players offers Closed Captions and a Voice Guide for the hearing and visually impaired. The player provides Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guides that describe the menu options aloud to aid the visually impaired.
Screen Saver & Auto Power Off: If you leave the player in the stop mode for more than 5 minutes without using it, a screen saver will appear on your TV. If the player is left in the screen saver mode for more than 15 minutes, the power will automatically turn off.
Remote Support: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose the UHD Blu-ray player, adjust its settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates; the player must be connected to your home network and the Internet.
Wireless Remote: The included IR remote offers wireless operation of the Samsung UHD Blu-ray player and a number of function on Samsung TVs. The remote can also be programmed to operate basic functions (like Power On/Off, Input Select, & Volume Up/Down) of other brands of televisions.
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Anynet+ is a convenient feature that offers linked operation with other Samsung components that have the Anynet+ feature, and lets you control those products with one Samsung remote control. To operate this function, you must connect this player's "Main" HDMI output to an Anynet+ Samsung TV using an HDMI cable.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung Blu-ray player will also support a USB-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately) through its side-panel USB port. This make web browsing much simpler.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I liked it's features [ Kenneth Nov 11, 2018 ]
To match my Samsung 65" Tv I purchased for Crutchfield! [ Hector Oct 16, 2018 ]
Great ratings, good price and it was on sale :) [ Kenneth Oct 10, 2018 ]
Great price [ Graeme Oct 10, 2018 ]
Have one of these & like it so I purchased another to go with my new Samsung tv. [ Patrick Sep 15, 2018 ]
I've had great experiences with Samsung products [ Michael Sep 08, 2018 ]
I like Samsung products [ Sean Aug 21, 2018 ]
Goes well with the qled tv [ Raymond Aug 03, 2018 ]
Best features and price. Recent purchase was a Samsung 4K QLED TV and I wanted complete ease of connection and use. [ Michael Aug 01, 2018 ]
I bought a Samsung TV and wanted a Samsung DVD player to go with it. [ Thomas Jul 26, 2018 ]
great price for features and also have Samsung tv that works great [ Mark Feb 02, 2018 ]
Sale, reviews, future proof, DLNA [ Richard Feb 01, 2018 ]
Was not initially planning to buy, but decided it would be great to have for 4K DVDs [ MICHAEL T Jan 31, 2018 ]
Goes well with the Samsung TV [ CHARLES Jan 31, 2018 ]
representative recommendation [ Carl Jan 29, 2018 ]
samsung brand reputation I like to keep all my components the same brand. also it was at a great price thanks to the suggestion of my crutchfield advisor they always have an answer. [ CHARLES R Dec 29, 2017 ]
The feedback from others had rated this highly. [ Ross Dec 19, 2017 ]
Very good reviews of the product [ Robert Dec 17, 2017 ]
I wanted a Samsung blueray for my Samsung tv, and this one will work for 4K Ultra HD and HDR. [ Victoria Dec 17, 2017 ]
I have one and it works great. [ Rolan Dec 17, 2017 ]
because is a Samsung [ CARLO Dec 11, 2017 ]
Good product at at good price. [ Douglas Dec 07, 2017 ]
Compatible with Samsung TV [ Robert Dec 07, 2017 ]
It has all the advanced home theater features we need. It has a cool, slimline profile, and has a great price. We have the same unit downstairs, and after a year, are very pleased to purchase this second unit. [ Joseph Dec 01, 2017 ]
Price and features. [ Rex Nov 30, 2017 ]
Hey it was on sale for almost half off and I have had good luck with Samsung products in the past, why not upgrade [ JOHN Nov 29, 2017 ]
I have a Samsung 4K UHD TV and wanted a good Samsung player. [ M Thomas Nov 29, 2017 ]
Great ratings and price [ Greg Nov 27, 2017 ]
Excellent value. [ PIERSON Nov 26, 2017 ]
First & foremost, the overall quality of Samsung DVD players. I already have an excellent unit but when I needed to upgrade to a more compatible unit to work along side my new Samsung 4K television, there really was NEVER the RIGHT choice except for this Samsung model! You will certainly NOT go wrong with Samsung products! Always have & always WILL! Thank you & enjoy . [ A CHARLES Nov 26, 2017 ]
Positive reviews, met my 4K needs, has the Dolby sound decoding I need, price and free shipping. [ GC Nov 23, 2017 ]
Like Samsung Products and price was right for the features [ Matthew Nov 19, 2017 ]
Bought one before in 2016 and i liked it so much ( wireless wifi with apps blue ray upconvert) when i saw a need for one in another room i ordered the newer 2017 model on black Friday and got it for $30.00 less than i paid the first time. [ W Nov 19, 2017 ]
an update to go with new 4k tv. [ Daniel Nov 18, 2017 ]
Great picture and great price. [ Rishi K. Nov 18, 2017 ]
Info from your web page was helpful in comparing the 19 choices and seeing the 5 star rank. I have been a Crutchfield customer for decades [ Robert Nov 17, 2017 ]
quality and price [ WILLIAM J Nov 17, 2017 ]
All the bells and whistles and entirely compatible with my purchases. [ Peter Nov 01, 2017 ]
I'm pairing this player with a Samsung 4K UHD TV, so along with the technology compatibility, the brand compatibility between the units made it a simple choice. Also, I don't mind the price break! [ Scott Nov 01, 2017 ]
Recommended by numerous web sites and customers. [ Richard C. Oct 04, 2017 ]
Read reviews and it had the features I needed/wanted for a reasonable price [ ROBERT O Sep 30, 2017 ]
Compatibility with new tv [ P Sep 24, 2017 ]
Good value [ james Sep 22, 2017 ]
Plug and play with 2017 Samsung 7 series 4K tv [ GEORGE S Sep 04, 2017 ]
Samsung product reputation and Crutchfield's integrity and unmatched customer service. [ Sangam Aug 31, 2017 ]
I have a Samsung 4K TV and wanted a player to match it [ Gary Aug 23, 2017 ]
Crutchfield advisor Rachel recommended [ Brian Aug 21, 2017 ]
Have Samsung 4K led and want to use Samsung easy setup and compatible [ chris Aug 18, 2017 ]
Love Samsung products and this interface with their DVD/BD players so had to purchase this one for our new home theater system, Samsung always has great sound, apps, and systems...looking forward to this [ Kraig Jul 12, 2017 ]
Research [ E Jul 05, 2017 ]
3 questions already asked
B&O? This thing plays audio via Wi-Fi beautifully through my receiver via my router... I do not know what your B&O is? [ Kraig Apr 15, 2018 ]
Sorry but I really don't have the answer. I would bet a call to Crutchfield tech support can help. [ CARL Apr 03, 2018 ]
I have never tried to but I don't know of any reason why you could not and my wife is currently holding my Home Theater and Audio System hostage. Samsung has an excellent website you can view or download an owners operating manual for virtually any of their products, no registered products required. This is an excerpt from page 16 of the owners manual and you should be able to determine if you can from it. The product supports only the following wireless security key protocols: - WEP (OPEN/SHARED), WPA-PSK (TKIP/ AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) \ Select a channel on the wireless router that is not currently being used. If the channel set for the wireless router is currently being used by another device nearby, it will result in interference and communication failure. \ If you select the Pure High-throughput (Greenfield) 802.11n mode and set the Encryption type on your router to WEP, TKIP or TKIP-AES (WPS2Mixed), the product will not support a connection in compliance with new Wi-Fi certification specifications. \ Wireless LAN, by its nature, may cause interference, depending on the operating conditions (router performance, distance, obstacles, interference by other radio devices, [ TRISTAN C Apr 03, 2018 ]
Do you mean WiFi enabled speaker? [ JAMES Mar 24, 2018 ]
Yep! The Samsung UBD-M8500 will support existing Blu-ray media, and provide down conversion & HDR to SDR conversion functionality to match the connected TV/projector. You can also adjust the HDMI output to 480p, 720p, 1080p, 2160p, or Auto in order to properly match the resolution of your display. For more details or to discuss further, please contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. Thanks! [ Larry Feb 17, 2018 ] Staff
This does not come with a HDMI cable you have to purchase one can get one for 10 bucks here I bought one and have them ship it with the Blu-ray player. Yes this should be new unless otherwise stated [ Kraig Nov 14, 2017 ]
This is new with remote. I don't recall having the HDMI cable. I had used my own. [ Linda Nov 14, 2017 ]
It does not come with HDMI cable. You must provide your own. [ jack Nov 14, 2017 ]
Player is new. It comes with a remote control, but you will need to purchase an HDMI cable. [ Lazaro Nov 14, 2017 ]
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Add an HDMI output, 2-way Bluetooth, and other features
The Samsung UBD-M9500 offers these features:
2 HDMI outputs for separating audio and video signals
2-way Bluetooth sends audio wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled headphones
watch Gear 360-degree VR photos and videos on your TV via USB
Frequently Compared With
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi®
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi®
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi® and 2-way Bluetooth®