Wisenet SmartCam D1
Smart video doorbell with two-way talk and face recognition
From Samsung: SmartCam Video Doorbell Installation
From Samsung: SmartCam Video Doorbell Key Features
Our take on the Wisenet SmartCam D1 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
See and hear who's ringing your doorbell
I guess it's nice that a standard doorbell lets me know that someone's at the door, but I'd really like to know exactly who it is before I decide to get up and let them in. The Wisenet SmartCam D1 lets you see, hear, and talk to your visitor through an app on your smartphone, so you can get all the information you need.
The Wisenet SmartCam D1's free app lets you see, hear, and talk to visitors using your smartphone.
Video with face recognition
Wisenet packed a lot of excellent hardware into the low-profile doorbell unit, starting with a wide-angle lens with a 150-degree field of view. It shoots video in portrait orientation, so you can get a full-length HD view of an unexpected visitor. The free app lets you store photos of friends, and facial recognition software notifies you when it detects a familiar face at your door.
It's great at night, too. Night vision lets you see in the dark up to 16 feet away, and the app applies visual noise reduction for sharper low-light images.
The doorbell has a built-in microphone and speaker, so you can have a conversation with the person who's standing on your porch. Want the delivery man to leave the package out of sight? Just let him know. Don't want to sign the petition? You can issue a pleasant but firm "no thanks" without getting off the couch.
Adjustable motion detection
The app lets you set up smart motion detection zones, so you can tell when someone's approaching, but avoid false alarms from tree branches waving in the wind.
- 3-megapixel sensor shows a 1080p HD view of who's ringing the doorbell
- built-in microphone and speaker for two-way talk
- sees in the dark up to 16 feet away
- visual noise reduction for sharper low-light images
- 150° wide-angle lens
- weather-resistant housing
- compatible with Samsung A1 security system
- uses your home Wi-Fi® network to send images to your smartphone
- voice control via Amazon Alexa
- save and review images with optional monthly SmartCloud storage plan ($4.99-$19.99 per month)
- "portrait" camera orientation gives you a more complete view of who's at the door
- facial recognition software notifies you when a familiar face is at your door
- store images of friends on the "Interested Faces" list so you know when friends arrive
- selectable motion detection zones
- human detection reduces false alarms triggered by birds and pets
- audio analytics can identify sounds like breaking glass, sirens, and more and send priority alerts
- 1-11/16"W x 5-5/8"H x 1-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Video doorbell with silver bezel
- Gold bezel
- Black bezel
- Power Stabilizer
- 2 Power Extender connectors
- Two 4.5" Power Extender cables (with ring terminals)
- 2 Panhead screws (length 3/4")
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- Three M3 x 5mm screws
- Four M2 x 5mm screws
- 2 Power Stabilizer connectors
- Power Stabilizer wire harness
- Drill bit (5mm diameter)
- Installation Guide Part 1
- Installation Guide Part 2
- Warranty Certificate
- Open Source Announcement booklet
Overview: The Wisenet SmartCam D1 Video Doorbell (SNH-V6435DN) lets you see who's at your doorstep right on your smartphone or tablet (using the SmartCam app). Equipped with a 2-megapixel high-resolution camera, the SmartCam D1 gives you a clear view. It also has a built-in microphone and speaker, so you can carry on a two-way conversation with your visitors. The Wi-Fi-enabled SmartCam D1 includes a Power Stabilizer Kit, so you can use the power source of your existing doorbell. It also comes with three interchangeable faceplates (silver, gold, black), as well as tools, hardware, and wiring for ease of installation.
Amazon Alexa: The SmartCam D1 is now compatible with Amazon Alexa. If you have the Amazon Echo Show with a video screen, you can ask Alexa to show you the front door and you'll get a live view of the front door camera. You can also get a daily briefing of how many persons visited your door, including those whose face was recognized by the camera.
Camera: The SmartCam D1 Video Doorbell's built-in camera features a 1/2.8" CMOS imaging device with a maximum resolution of 1600 x 1200. It has a large field of view, so you'll be able to see who is at your door, even if they're close to the doorbell. Wide Dynamic Range can compensate for bright backgrounds and enhance foreground details to give you a clear image. The Wisenet V chipset is capable of correcting image distortion commonly associated with wide-angle lenses, so you get natural looking images. The camera's Night Vision gives you a clear view out to 16 feet in complete darkness. The SmartCam D1 features a weather-resistant casing to protect it from the elements.
Motion Detection: The Wisenet SmartCam D1 uses sophisticated motion detection to generate alerts to the SmartCam app on your phone or tablet. The camera's innovative analytic software can distinguish human activity to greatly reduce any false alarms caused by animals or birds. Three customized motion zones can be set up to maximize the protection in front of your door. The SmartCam D1 can recognize human faces and save the images (up to 100 faces) in the app. You can register your friends and regular visitors (mail carrier, delivery person, etc) so the camera can send notifications when they appear at your doorstep.
Abnormal Sound Detection: In addition to Motion Detection, the SmartCam D1 can recognize three different types of sounds that are typically associated with an intrusion: glass shattering, sirens, and screams. When any of these sounds are picked up by the doorbell's microphone, it sends a push notification to your smartphone or tablet. You can adjust the noise sensitivity in the app, and turn Abnormal Sound Detection on or off, as desired.
Wi-Fi: The SmartCam D1 operates on your home Wi-Fi network (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; Dual Band 2.4GHz / 5GHz). You will need to make sure the video doorbell can receive a strong Wi-Fi signal for best results. A bandwidth of 2.5Mbps or higher is recommended.
Installation: The Wisenet SmartCam D1 Video Doorbell can be installed in place of your existing hardwired mechanical or electrical doorbell (Please see the list of compatible models below). It requires wiring to a 16-24 volt AC transformer. The SmartCam D1 comes with a Power Stabilizer and Power Extension kit to adapt your current wiring. The list of compatible and incompatible doorbells is as follows:
|NuTone||LA11WH, LA14WH, BK125LWH-1, BK115LWH, BK131LPB, LA70MA|
- Imaging Device: 1/2.8" CMOS
- Maximum Resolution: 2M (1600 x 1200)
- Angular Field of View: 150° diagonal, 125° horizontal, 94.8° vertical
- Night Vision Range: 16 feet
- Abnormal Sound Detection: Siren, Glass Breaking, Screaming
- Alarm Triggers: Human Detection, Motion Zone Selection, Face Recognition (Customizable Event action)
- Alarm Event: Push Alert, Notification via email
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual Band 2.4GHz/5GHz)
- Security: HTTPS (SSL) Login Authentication, Digest Login Authentication
- Input Voltage/Current: Wired AC 16-24V, 10VA
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.