Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III
Teleconverter for compatible Nikon autofocus lenses
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Item # 054TC14E3 | MFR # 2219
$499.95 Earn up to 500 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Give your Nikon lens a boost
Sometimes you need just a little more reach with your lens, but buying and toting a longer lens may not be an option. That's where Nikon's TC-14E III teleconverter comes in. Attached between your Nikon camera's body and a compatible Nikon lens, it increases the lens's effective focal length by 40% without adding significant bulk or sacrificing image quality. For example, using the converter with Nikon's 70-200mm f/2.8 lens increases its zoom range out to 98-280mm. The TC-14E III's high-quality optics maintain sharpness, while its built-in Silent Wave Motor allows most lenses to continue autofocusing normally. It's perfect for shooting outdoor sports and wildlife scenes where the added telephoto capability can really help.
- designed exclusively for use with select Nikon AF-S lenses
- provides 1.4X optical magnification
- light loss: 1 f-stop
- built-in Silent Wave Motor allows autofocusing with many Nikon lenses
- supports metering and auto exposure functions
- supports the VR function found on many Nikon lenses
- construction: 7 elements in 4 groups
- dust- and water-resistant design
- fluorine coating on outer lens elements enhances resistance to dirt and water droplets
- includes front and rear caps, soft case
- weight: 6.7 ounces
- teleconverter is 2-9/16" in diameter, 1" long
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III
- LF-4 Rear lens cap (installed)
- BF-3B Teleconverter cap (installed)
- CL-0715 Soft Case
- User's Manual
- Warranty Programs sheet
Extends your reach with excellent results. Light weight, quick focus, and great image quality. Works great with Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 (becomes 280-700/8) on D750.
Mick, Meridian, MS
Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The AF-S Teleconverter TC-14 III is a precision optical accessory that mounts between the camera body and the lens. It has a 1.4x optical conversion factor, increases the focal length of select compatible Nikkor lenses by 40%. It is ideal for sports photography, wildlife photography, surveillance, and more. You can use the teleconverter without sacrificing image quality, autofocus accuracy, metering, or VR image stabilization, and only a 1-stop loss of light. The TC-14 III has the standard Nikon F-bayonet mount, and is compatible with FX, DX, FX in DX crop mode, and 35mm film formats. A list of compatible lenses can be found below.
Fluorine Coating: The TC-14 III has fluorine coatings on the front and rear surfaces which repel dirt and water droplets for clear views and easy removal.
Autofocus: The TC-14 III allows auto focusing with most compatible AF-S lenses, many with manual or auto priority. With some compatible lenses, though, auto focusing is not possible. Focus assist may also be available in most situations.
Lens Construction: The teleconverter has 7 lens elements in 4 groups, including elements with fluorine coatings. It is optimized for use with FX and DX digital SLRs.
Exposure: The use of this teleconverter decreases the effective aperture of the attached lens by one stop.
Compatible Cameras: The AF-S Teleconverter TC-14 III is compatible with the following cameras when used with Type E lenses: D4 series, D3 series, D810, D800 series, D700, D610, D600, D300 series, D7100, D7000, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3300, D3200, and D3100.
Compatible Lenses: The AF-S Teleconverter TC-14 III is compatible with the following lenses (Nikon Product Number in parentheses):
- Compatible with no limitations:
- AF-S VR NIKKOR 200mm f/2G IF-ED (#2150)
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II (#2186)
- AF-S VR NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED (#2154)
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED (#1909)
- AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR (#2171)
- AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR (#2217)
- AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR (#2172)
- AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4G ED VR (#2173)
- AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II (#2185)
- AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED (#2139)
- AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR (#2202)
- AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED (#2146)
- AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II (#2187)
- Compatible, but with AutoFocus limitations:
- AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR (#2208)
- AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR (#2205)
- Compatible, but AutoFocus not possible:
- AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED (#2160)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
It is the best TC around with practically no negative effect on image quality. I cannot find the one I had before, maybe the cat ate it. [ Fritz May 14, 2016 ]