Our take on the Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
A lot to enjoy
Pioneer's DVD receivers set the bar for multi-faceted functionality, and the AVH-P1400DVD leads off their wide-ranging lineup. This versatile receiver sports a 5.8" screen with intuitive touchscreen controls that allow you to make changes by tapping, swiping, or dragging your finger, along with user-friendly menus that you can customize to your liking. You can even tailor the receiver's appearance to your taste by choosing from five display colors and 112 key panel illumination options.
A/V media at your command
When you connect your iPod® to the front-panel USB input, you'll be able to use the receiver's controls to access your playlists. Handy tools like Alphabet Search and Link Search to make it easier to find the song you want fast. And the receiver's 1-amp USB port will charge your devices faster, too. You can play anything from your regular store-bought or home burned music CDs, to music files you've burned onto CD or DVD discs or loaded onto USB thumb drives.
If you're a fan of streaming Internet radio, connect your iPhone to the receiver with Pioneer's CD-IU51V cable and take charge of your Pandora® account from the touchscreen, complete with thumbs-up and thumbs-down controls.
The 5.8" LCD screen plays DVDs in bright, clear detail when you're parked. You can also send a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen — your passengers will thank you during those long trips. And with Pioneer's CD-IU51V cable, you'll be able to view video content from your iPod too.
The receiver's powerful built-in amplifier delivers the goods, with crisp sound at all volume settings, while the 8-band equalizer offers plenty of ways to tweak the output. Three pairs of preamp outputs make it easier to connect external amps, and this receiver offers an auto-equalization feature to tune your system (microphone required).
Add on for safety and convenience
If you're a road warrior, add Pioneer's AVIC-U220 navigation module for in-dash navigation. And you can add a rear-view camera to the receiver's cam input — it'll make backing up in tight spots a lot easier and safer, too.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
- DVD/CD receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 5.8" touchscreen display
- touchscreen controls with Advanced Touch Slide operation
- five customizable display colors and 112 key panel illumination choices
- Pandora® Internet radio control with iPhone®
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- remote control
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- 8-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- bass boost
- built-in audio iPod control Pioneer's optional adapter required for viewing video content and Pandora control
- compatible with Pioneer AVIC-U220 navigation module, satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front and rear A/V inputs, rear video output, front USB input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Double-DIN DVD A/V receiver with integrated 5.8" LCD touchscreen monitor (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CXE5116)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Owner's Manual (English)
- Owner's Manual (French)
- Owner's Manual (Spanish)
- Warranty sheet (USA/Canada)
Morgan, Mount Vernon, NY
Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|AUX Input||3.5mm AV (front)|
|Audio/video Input||3.5mm (F), Composite (R)|
|Android Control||USB MSC protocol|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
5.8" TFT LCD Touchscreen Color Display: The AVH-P1400DVD features a 5.8" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 widescreen touchscreen display. The resolution of the display is 480 x 240 x RGB, for a total of 345,600 pixels. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a connected component such as an iPod/iPhone, Satellite radio receiver, HD Radio tuner, or USB Flash memory. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier, because there is no panel to slide or fold-down.
Note: The fixed touchscreen display is not removable.
Multilingual Display: The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD offers English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish text.
Video Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for each source and the optional rear view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast), color (adjusts color saturation), hue (adjusts the tone of color), temperature (adjust the color temperature), RGB (adjusts phase shifting), and black level (emphasizes dark portions of images).
Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video:
- Full: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only, enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions.
- Just: The picture is enlarged slightly at the center and the amount of enlargement increases horizontally toward the ends of the picture.
- Zoom: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen.
- Cinema: A picture is enlarged by the same proportion as Full or Zoom in the horizontal direction and by an intermediate proportion between Full and Zoom in the vertical direction.
- Normal: A 4:3 picture is displayed as it is.
On Screen Display Color & Background Adjustment: The color of the on-screen display can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background can be set to one of four preset still images, one of three preset movie images, a stored JPEG image, a video image from the external input, the clock, or turned Off.
Front-Panel Control w/ Custom Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the left edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color to match your vehicle's interior lighting (112 colors to choose from).
Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be parked with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit.
Note: The head unit's touchscreen will display "Attention! Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited", if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double DIN" or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is also an optional double-DIN sleeve ( 130ADTV133, sold separately) available for this unit that will allow you to Euro-mount or custom mount the Pioneer head unit in your vehicle.
Note: As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Disc Compatibility: The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD features a front-loading disc slot. The AVH-P1400DVD supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/DL, DVD-RW, CD Audio, CD-R, CD-RW, and Video CD discs (12cm only).
Compressed Audio Playback: This unit can play MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA, (5-320 kbps), and AAC (8-320 kbps) audio files recorded on CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, and DVD-RW discs. MP3/WMA/AAC files must be recorded in Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats for CD-R/RW discs (UDF 1.02 (for DVD-R/RW discs). Up to 8 directories, 700 folders, and 999 files per CD-R/CD-RW (3,500 for DVD-R/RW) are recognized by this unit. The unit is compatible with ID3/WMA Tags and will display artist, folder, file, and album name, plus comments.
JPEG Picture File Playback: You can play back JPEG still images (up to a resolution of 8,192 x 7,680) recorded on CD-R/RW discs. The unit automatically starts a slideshow from the first folder/picture on the disc. The player displays the pictures in each folder in alphabetical order. The slideshow interval can be set to 5, 10, or 15 seconds (or set to manual). JPEG images can also be rotated 90° clockwise.
DivX Video Compatibility: This unit supports DivX video file playback recorded onto DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW discs. The AVH-P1400DVD supports the following DivX formats (Home Theater ver. 3/4/5.2/6). The recommended DivX file size is 2 Mbps or less with a transmission rate of 2 GB or less.
Playback Functions: The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD offers the following playback functions:
- Automatic Playback: When a DVD disc with DVD menu is inserted, this unit will cancel the DVD menu automatically and start playback from the first chapter of the first title.
- Bookmark (Resume Playback): The Bookmark function lets you resume playback from a selected scene the next time the disc is loaded.
- Frame-By-Frame Playback: This feature lets you movie ahead on frame at a time during playback of your DVD or Video CD.
- Slow Motion Forward: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you can choose to play back video in slow motion (no audio).
- Repeat Play: Audio/Video content can be repeated. You can choose from Disc (entire disc), Chapter (current chapter), Title (current title), Track (current track), File (current file), Folder (current folder), or One (current video/song/track).
- Random (Shuffle) Play: Audio/Video can be played back in a random order. You can choose from Songs (videos/songs in selected list), Albums (videos/songs from selected album), Folder (songs/tracks in selected folder), or Disc (all songs/tracks on disc).
Search Functions: The AVH-P1400DVD provides the following search functions:
- Track Title List: You can select tracks to playback using the track title list which is a list of the tracks recorded on a disc.
- Scene Search: You can use the search function on the unit's on-screen display to search for a desired scene on your DVD by specifying a title and chapter track.
- Return to Scene: You can return to the specified scene where the DVD you are currently playing has been preprogrammed to return.
- Skip Search: You can skip to the previous/next track, file, folder, title, or chapter on a disc.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: You can fast forward/reverse through a current track, file, or title on a disc.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Multi-Audio: DVDs can provide audio playback with different languages and different systems (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc; external processor required to decode Dolby Digital and DTS). With DVDs featuring multi-audio recordings you can switch between languages/audio systems during playback.
Multi-Subtitle: With DVDs featuring multi-subtitle recordings, you can switch between subtitle languages during playback of your disc.
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVH-P1400DVD.
Off Insert/Eject: A disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Off Eject: When you eject a disc, the unit will automatically power off (unless you switch sources before ejecting the disc).
Installation Angle: Optimum disc playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
USB Port: The AVH-P1400DVD has a female USB 2.0 (type-A) Full Speed port on its front-panel. You can plug in a USB portable audio player or a USB memory device. This unit is compatible with USB Mass Storage Class compliant portable audio player and memory devices, loaded with MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (5-320 kbps), and AAC (8-320 kbps) files recorded in FAT 16/32. Up to 65,535 files; 6,000 folders (1,000 files per folder); and up to 8 tiers can be played back. This unit also supports JPEG still image files (up to 8,192 x 7,680 pixels) and DivX video files (.avi or .divx) loaded on a USB mass storage device. The AVH-P1400DVD offers the following USB search, playback, and display functions.
- Search Modes:
- File Name List: select tracks to playback using the file name list, which is a list of the files stored on your USB device
- Skip Search: skip to the previous/next file or folder on your connected USB device
- Fast Forward/Reverse: fast forward/reverse through a current audio/video file on your connected USB device
- Playback Modes:
- Repeat: File (current file), Folder (current folder), or All (all files)
- Random: Folder (files within selected folder) or All (all files)
- Slide Show: automatically starts a slideshow from the first folder/picture on the USB device
- Display Modes:
- Numeric Text: track number and elapsed playing time
- Alphanumeric Text: song title, artist name, and album label
- Images: album art, JPEG still image, or DivX video image
Note: USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (1A) and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub.
iPod/iPhone AV Playback: The Pioneer multimedia head unit supports both audio/video playback from a compatible iPod or iPhone. Using your iPod or iPhone's USB/Dock cable you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music, podcasts, and Pandora Internet Radio on your iPod or iPhone through the Pioneer A/V head unit. Using the Pioneer CD-IU50V or CD-IU51V iPod/iPhone connector cable ( 130IU51V, sold separately), you can also enjoy video playback of movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos stored on your iPod/iPhone, as well as music or video based apps streamed to your iPod or iPhone. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park with the parking brake engaged. The Pioneer CD-IU51V iPod/iPhone connector cable plugs into the unit's front-panel USB port and Aux input terminal.
Note: The iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), and iPhone 5 supports audio playback only; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with the Apple device to connect to the head unit.
iPod/iPhone DAC Bypass: Because the Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD uses its USB connection for audio & control transfer, your iPod/iPhone's stored music is loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality is maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 96dB.
iPod/iPhone Control: The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD offers 3 iPod/iPhone control modes - Head Unit, Passenger, and App mode.
- Head Unit: From the head unit, you can search your iPod/iPhone's audio/video content by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, Video Podcast, TV Show, Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook (your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked). Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z). In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder.
- iPod: The iPod control mode allows you to control stored audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat.
- App Mode: App mode lets you listen to your favorite music apps, such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You can also watch video on the Pioneer A/V receiver's touchscreen from streaming movie apps, such as Netflix & YouTube, downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+). In addition, you can receive audible/visual directions from navigation apps, such as Motion X GPS Drive. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include - Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next. The App Mode's video and visual navigation functions can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged.
iPod/iPhone Display: The multimedia head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information, including - Track number, Folder number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, Album label, and Album art. There is no music information displayed when this unit is set to 'App Mode'. Instead, all music information will be displayed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen. The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display the text - 'App Mode'.
Pandora App: The free Pandora App lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Pioneer CD-IU51V iPod connector cable (sold separately) or the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPhone. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 3.0+) with the latest version of the Pandora Radio application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information; as well as Album art.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the iPhone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit will not charge the Apple iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 9/26/2012):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Pandora App||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
MusicSphere: Pioneer's new proprietary MusicSphere technology allows you to enjoy your music in a new way by creating unique mood-based playlists via iTunes for your Apple iOS device. When installed on your Windows PC, the MusicSphere iTunes plug-in software will analyze the entire music library and create specialized playlists based on various musical attributes such as feeling (bright, energetic, gloomy, relaxing calm), rhythm pattern, beats per minute (BPM), year of the song and/or date added to the device. Additionally, through the MusicSphere, you can select preferred parameters of your music to create a "DJ Playlist". You can download MusicSphere directly to your Windows PC from the Pioneer website.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID AM/FM tuner features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
XM Satellite Radio Ready: You can connect and control Pioneer's GEX-P920XM XM tuner (130P920XM, sold separately).
Note: A subscription to XM, plus the proper antenna is required in order to receive satellite radio programming.
HD Radio Ready: This unit is compatible with the optional Pioneer GEX-P20HD HD Radio tuner ( 130GEXP20H, sold separately) allowing you to tune available HD Radio stations. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. The add-on HD Radio tuner also supports iTunes Tagging which allows you to save song information (tag) from an HD Radio broadcasting station to your connected iPod or iPhone. The saved songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. The optional HD Radio tuner connects through the head unit's IP-BUS interface.
Note: Right now there are about 2,000 radio stations broadcasting using digital HD Radio technology in the U.S. To find HD Radio stations in your area, visit the HD Radio website.
24-Bit/96kHz DAC: For superb quality audio playback from DVDs, CDs, and flash media, the Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz digital-to-analog converter.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AVH-P1400DVD are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
EEQ (Easy EQ): there are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2.
8-Band Graphic EQ: The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 8-band graphic equalizer (40Hz, 80Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 8kHz, and10kHz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone ( 130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer A/V receiver's front-panel 3.5mm input. The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Sonic Center Control: Sound that is suited for the listening position can easily be created with this function. You can adjust sound more toward the listening position left (7) to right (7).
Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
2V/6ch Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD is equipped with three 2.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The front and rear speakers are fading with high-pass crossover filters, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with a low-pass crossover filter.
- Front & Rear Preamp Outputs: If you do not want low frequency sounds to play from the front or rear speaker preamp outputs (or speaker outputs), you can turn on the 12dB/octave High Pass Filter. The HPF has a selectable cutoff frequency (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz). Only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output through the speakers.
- Subwoofer Output: The unit has a pair of dedicated non-fading RCA subwoofer outputs with a low-pass filter, phase adjustment, and output level. When the subwoofer output is turned on, you can select the frequency of the 18dB/octave low pass filter (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz), select the subwoofer phase (normal/reverse), and the subwoofer gain (+6 to -24).
Rear Channel Speaker Output: You can choose to use the rear channel output (speaker and preout) for full-range speaker or subwoofer. If you select "subwoofer", you can connect a 4-ohm subwoofer directly to each rear speaker lead, or a 2-ohm subwoofer to one of the rear speaker leads, without using an external amplifier.
Telephone Mute/Attenuator: Sound from your system is muted or attenuated automatically when a phone signal is received when you have hardwired your mobile phone system to the mute wire (yellow/black) of this unit.
Dual AV Inputs: The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD has dual AV inputs to connect two external audio/video sources.
- AV Auxiliary Input: The AVH-P1400DVD has an AV 3.5mm mini-jack auxiliary input on the front-panel panel for connecting a portable audio/video device.
- AV RCA Input: There is a rear-panel A/V input (composite video/stereo RCA audio) for connecting a video component such as a mobile TV tuner or game console.
Video Output: The AVH-P1400DVD features a rear-panel composite video output that allows you to connect an external display to the unit. You can play back the same video source which is being played on the head unit. You can select the unit to output a 16:9, Letter-Box or Pan-Scan aspect ratio to match your external display's screen size.
Note: You cannot play DivX files on the unit's monitor and a connected external monitor at the same time.
Rear View Camera: The AVH-P1400DVD is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera input jack) when an optional rear camera ( 130NDBC5, sold separately) is installed. When the transmission is in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (the violet/white wire in the AVH-P1400DVD's harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.7 seconds. Pioneer recommends using a camera with a mirror image (reversed) output.
Note: Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Navigation Ready: The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD allows you to connect the Pioneer AVIC-U250 add-on navigation unit (sold separately) through its RGB Input. This versatile hideaway unit allows you to switch to navigation mode with the touch of a button. Get to your destination by inputting an address or search through the POI library while enjoying whatever source is currently playing.
Wireless Remote Control: The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD includes an IR remote control (CXE5116) for wireless operation of the multimedia head unit and your connected devices.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.