Polk Audio SurroundBar® 9500BT
Powered home theater sound bar with wireless subwoofer and Bluetooth®
Our take on the Polk Audio SurroundBar® 9500BT by Crutchfield's David Brown
Discover the difference the SurroundBar can make
Perhaps you think your flat-panel TV's sound really isn't that bad. If so, you've probably never heard a powerful sound bar like the Polk Audio SurroundBar 9500BT. It will blow the doors off your TV's sound, with 8 drivers powered by built-in amplifiers for huge, dynamic sound with lots of detail. Yet the bar is just over two inches deep, making it the perfect complement for your TV. A wireless subwoofer produces thunderous bass to give movies and TV shows depth and realism for a much more engaging experience than your TV's speakers could ever deliver.
Wraparound sound, clear dialogue, and cool effects
Not only does the SurroundBar 9500BT offer big sound, it also creates a more enveloping sound field. Polk's SDA Surround® and Digital Logic® technologies use digital signal processing that bring out the dynamics, details, and surround effects in movies and TV shows. Plus, the 9500BT also features Polk Audio's Wavefront Reconstruction Center, which creates a more realistic "center channel" effect to elevate dialogue level and clarity. While dialogue is crystal clear coming at you directly from the center, other sounds seem to emanate from beyond the physical plane of the SurroundBar. And, naturally, the subwoofer will drive home those low-frequency effects with plenty of bluster, for a true home theater experience that doesn't involve a room full of audio gear.
What about music?
If you ever use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to listen to music, then you're ready to stream music wirelessly to the SurroundBar 9500BT. The "BT" stands for Bluetooth, which means you can send music stored on most portable devices and computers directly to the SurroundBar for easy wireless playback.
Easy to set up, easier to use
Worried that this sound bar and subwoofer combo will be hard to set up? Polk makes it as easy as possible. The SurroundBar's thin design makes it easy to mount on the wall below your TV using the built-in keyhole slots. You can also set it on a TV stand or cabinet. The subwoofer's wireless connection means you can place it almost anywhere in your room — even up to 50 feet away. A single connection from your TV using the included optical digital cable is all you need to start enjoying this system's powerful sound. And though it comes with a remote, the bar is easily programmable to respond to your TV's remote for seamless everyday use.
- ultra-slim profile is ideal for wall-mounting beneath a flat-panel TV
- three 1/2" silk dome tweeters; five 2-1/2" midrange drivers
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- aptX® encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- proprietary SDA® surround technology creates a spacious sound field for immersive sound
- Wavefront Reconstruction Center creates a realistic center-channel listening experience for clearer dialogue
- Dolby Digital® and DTS® decoding
- learns your TV remote's commands for single-remote use
- keyhole slots for wall-mounting
- 2 optical digital audio inputs (6' cable included)
- two 3.5mm minijack inputs (miniplug-to-miniplug cable and miniplug-to-RCA adapter included)
- 44-3/4"W x 3-15/16"H x 2-11/16"D
- weight: 8 lbs.
- 8" woofer
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- 12"W x 13-1/2"H x 15-1/16"D
- weight: 18.2 lbs.
- total system power: 510 watts
- system frequency response 45-22,000 Hz
- remote control included
- warranty: 1 year (electronics), 3 years (speakers)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Active surroundbar speaker
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- Two 6' AC power cords
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V battery (installed in remote)
- 6' Optical digital cable
- 69" Stereo minijack cable
- 8" minijack-to-RCA adapter
- Owner's Manual
- Important Notes
- Online Product Registration
Great sound bar for the price. Fills the whole 17x20' room it's in. Subwoofer produces nice bass.
Robert, Mullica Hill, NJ
Polk Audio SurroundBar® 9500BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Tweeter||0.5" Dome (3)|
|Midrange||2.5" Convex Dome (5)|
|Subwoofer Driver||8" Cone|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Audio Return Channel||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||Feet|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||45-22k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||Not given|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||2|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||3-15/16H x 44-3/4W x 2-11/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||8 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||13-1/2H x 12W x 15-1/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||18.2 lbs|
Instant Home Theater (IHT): The Polk Audio SurroundBar 9500BT Instant Home Theater (IHT) is a two-piece home theater system comprised of a single self-powered surroundbar speaker and a wireless powered subwoofer. The system utilizes two Polk technologies (Polk Digital Logic and SDA Surround), along with SRS TruSurround HD4 to deliver rich, full virtual surround sound to your flat-panel TV; without the need for an AV receiver or rear speakers.
- Active Surroundbar w/ Optimized Center Array: The active surroundbar speakers features three 0.5" dynamic balance/silk dome tweeters and five 2.5" dynamic balance/convex dome midrange drivers powered by a built-in 360 watt (peak) amplifier (45W x 8ch). Discrete amplification of all eight channels with electronic crossovers means each driver is tailored for better efficiency, lower distortion and better dynamics. "Optimized Center Array" (OCA) creates a more realistic center channel experience for greater intelligibility of vocals and mid-range clarity. The array also creates greater SPL, dynamic range and better off-axis response. The surroundbar's dual tuned-port enclosure design optimizes the realistic blending of midbass drivers with the wireless subwoofer, for more dynamic performance throughout the room.
- Wireless Power Sub: The wireless powered subwoofer features a down-firing 8" Dynamic Balance woofer with rubber surround and down-firing flared J-port in a compact enclosure. The 8" woofer is powered by a built-in 150 watt (peak) amplifier. The powered subwoofer receives it audio signal wirelessly (up to 50') from the system's surroundbar, so there is no subwoofer cable to connect. You can adjust the volume of the sub independently from the surroundbar speaker.
Surround Technologies: Combining Polk Audio's proprietary SDA Surround technology and Polk Digital Logic digital signal processing, plus SRS TruSurround HD4, the SurroundBar 9500BT system is able to produce a rich, enveloping listening experience.
- Polk Digital Logic: The SurroundBar 9500BT utilizes Polk Digital Logic (Polk's proprietary DSP programming) to deliver big, crisp sonic performance with no complicated setup or calibration. Through Polk Digital Logic, the SurroundBar 9500BT's sound is created independent of any room boundaries. Polk Digital Logic helps to maintain a solid center channel for clear, intelligible dialogue and Polk's signature warm & full sound.
- Stereo Dimensional Array (SDA) Surround: Polk's patented Stereo Dimensional Array (SDA) Surround technology is based on fundamental research into the way our ears process sound and perceive the direction of sounds. It uses a patented combination of signal processing and acoustical geometry that complements the spacing between your ears to produce a wide sound stage without the need for rear mounted speakers. Since the surroundbar works directly with the hearing mechanism and requires no special room characteristics, it can deliver a room-filling surround experience in nearly any location in almost any type of room.
- SRS TruSurround HD4: The Polk Audio SurroundBar 9500BT also incorporates SRS TruSurround HD4 for a high quality, feature-rich surround sound experience from its front-facing speaker configuration. The result is rich bass, high frequency detail, and clear dialogue.
Analog + Digital Connectivity: The Polk Audio SurroundBar 9500BT provides both analog (3.5mm) and digital (optical) connectivity for a variety of source components.
- Digital Connection (Dolby Digital/DTS compatible): The surroundbar features two optical (toslink) digital inputs to connect your flat-panel TV, Blue-ray player, and/or Satellite/Cable box. Both of the surroundbar's optical inputs can decode and reproduce Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 program material. The surroundbar's digital inputs also support 2-channel PCM. One 6' optical cable is included.
- Analog Connections: The surroundbar is equipped with two analog stereo minijack (3.5mm) inputs to connect your television (which may lack an optical digital output). If your TV is equipped with stereo RCA outputs, a minijack-to-RCA will be required. The additional 3.5mm stereo input can be used to connect another audio device, such as your MP3 player. One 69" stereo minijack cable and one 8" minijack-to-RCA adapter is included.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Bluetooth Audio w/ aptX: The Polk Audio SurroundBar 9500BT features built-in Bluetooth (A2DP) with aptX audio coding in order to wirelessly deliver CD-quality sound from your Apple device (iPod/iPhone/iPad), Android smartphone/tablet, or other compatible device to the soundbar system. You'll be able to stream and listen to stored music and music apps on your mobile device through the SurroundBar 9500BT. You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth devices with the SurroundBar 9500BT (but only one can be playing at a time). You will continue to control your Bluetooth audio enabled device and view song/artist information from the device itself (no control from the surroundbar or remote).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Polk SurroundBar 9500BT
Remote Control: The included IR wireless remote control provides wireless operation of the system. You can also program the SurroundBar 9500BT to respond to your TV's remote. Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the soundbar and TV remote to work together.
Mounting Options: The surroundbar speaker should be centered under or above your flat-panel TV screen. The lightweight easy-to-mount single speaker can be placed on a tabletop or wall-mounted. It can sit on a flat surface because of its integrated rubber feet that enable it to rest securely. If your TV is wall-mounted, the surroundbar can be mounted right beneath it using the speaker's integrated keyhole slots (x2) on the rear-panel. The keyhole slots are spaced 24.5" apart. The powered subwoofer receives its signal from the surroundbar wirelessly, so it can be placed virtually anywhere in the room (up to 50' from surroundbar). It only requires plugging into an AC outlet.
Auto Power: When their master power switches are left on, the amplifiers in both the surroundbar speaker and subwoofer turn on automatically when the surroundbar receives an audio signal. Both amplifiers turn off after approximately 15 minutes without an audio signal.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Reputation of polk and great advice from ziggy [ Mark Jun 20, 2018 ]
Excellent brand and powerfull! [ wilfredo Jun 05, 2018 ]
Donebegotoneitsoundgood [ STEVE May 27, 2018 ]
Larry and Archer helped me choose this product. I don't know how Al (never talked with him) got connected to this order, but not a big deal--just want to point the credit in the right direction, at the right people. [ Phillip W. May 25, 2018 ]
I work for Dish Network as a Technician and we provide Polk products and became familiar with the brand. Any time I get a chance to snag a deal on a Polk products I don't hesitate. [ W May 22, 2018 ]
reviews were great and price is 50% of that on Amazon and Best Buy [ George Apr 21, 2018 ]
Always enjoyed Polk systems. Need new system. [ MICHAEL B Mar 30, 2018 ]
Sale item [ FRANK A Mar 25, 2018 ]
Wanted an upgrade and the price is right. [ steve Mar 23, 2018 ]
previous excellent experience with polk products [ M Mar 07, 2018 ]
Huge Polk Audio fan! Even bigger Crutchfield fan; my first purchase was a Craig AM/FM Eight Track in 1979. It's been a great ride thru the years. More to follow...... [ STEVE Mar 05, 2018 ]
Price and features [ TIMOTHY Feb 26, 2018 ]
Product reviews, my previous Polk experience, great price and Crutchfield!!! You guys always surprise me!!! Thanks!! [ Ken Feb 06, 2018 ]
Decent review and quality price. [ Chinh Jan 30, 2018 ]
Great savings and adviser said it is very close to Bose. We will see. [ Matthew Jan 09, 2018 ]
Great price, and good reviews. Hope I'm not disappointed. ?? [ Wayne Jan 08, 2018 ]
Good review and great price. Can't afford Atmos yet. [ Aaron Jan 01, 2018 ]
Over the past 3 years our friends have had the Polk soundbar 5000 that has an amazing sound. We have been saving and awaiting for it to go on sale. To Not find the Polk Audio soundbar 5000 on black Friday , cyber Monday or even available With some homework and help from Crutchfield alert system. Along with Crutchfield's awesome chat service that verified our homework of the replacement unit was the 9500BT We are very happy to of had this service provided by Crutchfield for our purchase [ Brian Dec 31, 2017 ]
Awesome sales price! Great features. And recommended by staff. [ Frances Dec 16, 2017 ]
2 questions already asked
@Kyle P I've been using the Polk 9500BT for a couple of weeks now. Here's my feedback... 1. The cost from Crutchfield. Nearly 1/2 the price of major sellers like Amazon Prime. 2. The Blue Tooth Sub. We have it located behind our couch, and you can really feel it! Especially in action movies, or gaming. 3. The sound from this product is .... amazing! Polk isn't kidding about the center channel. Wow! 4. The sound bar's weight. 8 pounds. I'm going to use this mount so I can locate it below my tilting TV mount. Mounting Dream MD5420 Sound Bar Bracket Universal Sound Bar TV Mount for Mounting Above or Under TV Fits Most of Sound Bars up to 22 LBS, with Detachable Long and Short Extension Plates 5. Lastly this SB is basically plug and play. My only complaint is the battery was dead in the remote, but a 2025 battery is common. Same one I use in my garage remotes.. No sweat as I always have spares. I give it 5 stars out of 5. Hope this helps , Doug [ Wayne Jan 19, 2018 ]
The Polk is an excellent powered sound bar for all your different sources (including gaming, yes). It offers robust performance and wide frequency response so it will be a significant upgrade over using your TV's built-in speakers. I hope that helps My bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Ryan [ Ryan Jan 19, 2018 ] Staff
I wish I could answer your question, but I am not a gamer. I can tell you though, I received one unit for Christmas in 2016 and decided to buy a second this month for a new 65" tv we purchased for a game room. I have been very pleased with both. [ Jeffrey Jan 17, 2018 ]
Yes, its just an optical cable from the TV to the soundbar [ Mickel Jan 14, 2018 ]
Yes you can, I'm using mine on my Samsung led non 4k tv. [ Nicholas Jan 14, 2018 ]
Frequently Compared With
Polk Audio SurroundBar® 9500BT
Powered home theater sound bar with wireless subwoofer and Bluetooth®
TV sound bar/wireless music system with Amazon Alexa and Apple® AirPlay® 2
Denon HEOS HomeCinema
Powered sound bar and wireless subwoofer for HEOS music systems
Powered sound bar with 4K/HDR video passthrough and MusicCast