SIRIUS Starmate Replay
SIRIUS satellite radio with car accessories
Our take on the SIRIUS Starmate Replay by Crutchfield's Matt Freeman
The compact Starmate Replay may look small, but it delivers big SIRIUS performance. It brings you all of SIRIUS's great entertainment lineup, and it automatically stores the last 44 minutes of the channel you're listening to. You can pause live broadcasts, then rewind and fast-forward great if you get interrupted in the middle of the big game, for example. The easy-to-read 4-line display showcases artist, song title, and channel information.
The accessories that let you use the Starmate Replay in your vehicle are packed right in the box, including a suction-cup mount, a roof-mount antenna, and a DC power adapter. The built-in FM transmitter relays the SIRIUS signal wirelessly over any vehicle's FM radio and it'll transmit on any of 100 FM frequencies from 87.7 to 107.9.
You can scroll by channel, artist, or song title, and you can enter channel numbers directly. You can also save up to 30 of your favorite channels in the preset banks. The handy wireless remote gives you convenient system control.
Save the names of up to 30 songs or artists, and S-Seek will tell you anytime one of them is playing across the SIRIUS dial. You can also save the name of your favorite NFL team, and the system will alert you whenever they're playing.
You can use the Starmate Replay at home with the help of the optional home kit.
Note: A subscription to SIRIUS is also required. Satellite radio service is available only within the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Limited service is available in Alaska.
- plug-and-play SIRIUS radio
- internal memory continually stores the last 44 minutes of the channel you're listening to (memory resets when you change channel or turn the power off)
- car accessories (antenna, suction-cup mount, DC power adapter)
- wireless remote
- built-in wireless FM transmitter
- transmits on any of 100 FM frequencies from 88.1 to 107.9
- 30 presets
- S-Seek alerts you when any of 30 songs or artists you've saved plays anywhere on SIRIUS
- Game Alert notifies you when your favorite NFL team is playing
- 4-line LCD displays artist, song, and channel info
- clock, auto shutdown, sleep timer
- tuner dimensions: 5-1/16"W x 1-15/16"H x 1-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Sirius Satellite receiver
- Wireless remote control
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- Suction cup mount
- Mounting plate
- 5 Mounting bolts
- Cigarette lighter power adapter with attached 74" cord
- Magnetic Sirius antenna with attached 21' microcable and single right-angle SMB connector
- 5-1/2" Rubber antenna tail
- 5-1/2" Two sided tape
- Adhesive backed Velcro
- Alcohol swab
- User and Installation Guide
After several attempts to replace a broken SP4 (which was back ordered) I tried this unit and found it to be excellent. Thanks Crutchfield for your help in solving my Satellite addiction!!!! YOU GET MY VOTE FOR PRESIDENT!!! Keep up the good work!!
JIm, Wiliamstown, NJ
SIRIUS Starmate Replay Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||Yes|
Car Antenna |
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Product Overview: The Sirius Starmate/Replay/Replay ST2 is a portable plug-n-play Sirius Satellite Radio receiver. The package includes a wireless remote, magnetic antenna, cigarette lighter power adapter, and an adjustable suction cup car mounting kit. An optional home kit (item # 607STH2) is available for enjoying Sirius programming in your home or office.
Sirius Satellite Radio: Sirius Satellite Radio features more than 120 streams of original programming beamed coast-to-coast, including 65 streams of commercial-free, digital-quality music, plus news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming.
Note: Satellite radio service is available only within the contiguous United States. Service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii.
Display: The Starmate/Replay ST2 tuner has a compact 4-line display. The Default screen displays the Channel Name and Number on the top line, the artist name on the second line, the song title on the third line, and the signal strength meter, channel category, clock, and preset bank on the fourth line. Momentarily pressing the display button changes the artist and song title to a large, scrolling one line display. Holding the display button for 1.5 seconds enters the channel list mode, making it easy to quickly search for music by category, artist, and song title. You can manually adjust the display's contrast and dimming controls for best viewing.
Search Modes: This unit gives you several ways to search for and select music or other programming:
- Channel: Scroll through each channel in numerical order
- Category: Scroll through each of the categories (Pop, Rock, Country, Hip-Hop, R&B/Urban, Electronic/Dance, Jazz/Standards, Classical, Latin & World)
- Artist: Scroll through the artist names of currently playing songs
- Song Title: Scroll through the titles of currently playing songs
Preset Tuning: The tuner allows you to store 30 presets in 3 separate banks (A, B, and C) of ten channels each. Preset channels can be tuned directly by selecting a preset band and pressing the preset number on the numeric keypad (unit or remote). While in the Preset Tuning mode, you can view the list of presets showing channel name, artist name, or song title.
Direct Tuning: You can directly enter the 3-digit channel numbers using the number keys on the ST2 or the remote.
Memory Function (Memo): The Memo function allows you to capture and store information about the programming (artist/song info or sports team) on the currently tuned channel, up to 30 listings.
S-Seek: Once you have stored artist/song title information in memory, you can activate the S-Seek function to search for, and audibly alert you whenever the artist/song is playing on an incoming channel.
Game Alert: Once you have stored team information in memory, you can activate the Game Alert to search for, and audibly alert you whenever a programmed team is playing on an incoming channel.
Signal Indicator: You can check the strength of the Sirius satellite signal being received. When locating the antenna in your home, you should place the antenna in a spot that illuminates the maximum number of bars on the meter.
Instant Replay: You can record the audio of a channel for playback later. As soon as you tune to a channel the receiver starts storing the audio, enabling you to rewind and replay at any time. Once you start playing again, you can fast forward through anything you don't want to hear.
Parental Control: The Starmate/Replay has the ability to lockout the use of any channel you do not want accessed without your permission. The locked channel will not appear when the user changes channels with the channel switch. When the user tries to directly access a locked channel, the "Enter Code" screen will be displayed, and the channel will not be accessed until the proper code is entered.
Auto Select: When Auto Select is turned on, the receiver will automatically tune to a highlighted channel. When Auto Select is turned off, the receiver will not tune to the highlighted channel until the Select button is pressed.
FM Transmitter: The Starmate/Replay's built-in modulator allows you transmit Sirius radio programming to your vehicle's FM tuner, so you don't have to make any connections between the Sirius receiver and the radio. You can select any frequency (in 0.2 MHz steps) between 88.1 MHz and 107.9 MHz. The FM modulator can be turned off if not in use.
Time-Based Functions: The tuner has a built-in clock with the time data provided by the Sirius signal. The clock can be set for time zone and observance of Daylight Saving Time. Once the clock data is set, you can activate the following functions:
- Alarm: Built-in alarm clock turns on the unit at a specific time
- Program Alert: Tunes to a specific channel at a specific time
- Auto Shutdown: Automatically turns off at a specific time
- Sleep Mode: Set to turn off after a selected period of time, 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes
Remote Control: In addition to offering all the controls on the receiver's front panel, the remote adds mute and volume control. Dimensions: Length=4.145", Width=1.623", Height=0.681".
Receiver Front Panel:
- Power: Turns the receiver on/off
- Rewind: Rewind broadcast recorded in Instant Replay
- Play/Pause: Pause recording or live broadcast
- Fast Forward: Fast forward broadcast recorded in Instant Replay
- Memo: Captures and stores the current program data information
- Display: Changes display options
- Select: Selects the highlighted option on the screen
- Channel Up/Down: Navigates through channels and display screens and highlights on the display
- Category Previous/Next: Changes category group
- Number Keys (0-9): Select preset or channel number directly
- Band: Cycles through the 3 stream preset banks (A, B, and C)
- FM Preset: Selects FM frequency for built-in FM modulator
- Jump: Change from current channel to favorite channel
- Menu: Accesses the menu options (user setup menu)
- DC 12V Input: Power input for supplied cigarette lighter adapter or optional AC adapter (supplied with home kit)
- FM Output: 2.5mm SubMini jack FM output for use with optional wired FM switch box accessory
- Antenna: Single female SMB connector for attaching supplied Sirius antenna
- Audio Output: 3.5mm mini jack line output
Overview: The supplied car kit includes everything you need to install the Sirius Starmate/Replay Replay tuner into your vehicle. The kit contains a mounting plate, suction cup mounting bracket, DC power supply (cigarette lighter), and roof-mount magnetic antenna. The mounting plate bolts to the mounting bracket and the Sirius tuner snaps onto the mounting plate. The bracket's suction cup holds the unit firmly to the windshield.
Antenna: The low-profile Sirius antenna has a powerful magnetic base that allows you to mount the antenna on the roof or trunk lid of your vehicle. The antenna needs to be positioned in such a way that it will be free of mechanical and line-of-sight obstructions. The antenna' s dimensions are: W=1.970", H=0.555", D=2.382" (7.895" including "tail"), Cable Length=21'.
Note: The attached micro cable has a single SMB connector, which plugs into the receiver.
Suction Cup Mounting Bracket: The supplied mounting bracket features a 2.8" diameter suction cup which will mount the receiver securely to the windshield. The bracket features two adjustable "elbows" and a ball socket joint, allowing you to install the receiver at virtually any angle.
Optional Pro-Fit Brackets: The car kit can be used with many of the Pro-Fit Vehicle-Specific Mounts (VSMs) to provide a custom mount for your vehicle. Please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector for compatibility with your vehicle.
- Audio Output: 2.0 volts
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): Less than 0.2%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (S/N): Greater than 73dB
- Receiver Weight: 4 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.