Astro A40 TR
Gaming headset for PC or Mac®
Our take on the Astro A40 TR by Crutchfield's James Ralston
A gamer's best friend
Astro's A40 TR headset lets you hear soundtracks and chat from your favorite PC games loud and clear. This headset comes with a microphone boom that you can place on either earcup. Use the included cable kit to connect directly to your computer, or add optional Astro MixAmp game sound adapters for playing on your Xbox One or PS4 consoles.
You can customize your A40 TR headset with Astro's mod kits (available from the manufacturer), for changing up the look and getting better noise isolation.
- PC-compatible gaming headset and microphone
- open-air earcup design with magnetic "speaker tag" backplates
- precision microphone arm is swappable for placing on either earcup
- works with optional MixAmp adapter (not included) for use with game consoles
- 1-meter (3.3-foot) mobile cable with in-line microphone
- 1.5-meter (4.9-foot) PC splitter cable for connection to your computer
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear gaming headset
- 42" Mobile audio cable with in-line remote/microphone (male 3.5mm plugs on each end)
- 62" PC splitter cable (Two male 3.5mm plugs on one end and one 3.5mm female jack on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Registration card ("Stop")
Great sound, both for games and also for music.
Anonymous, Jayuya, PR
Astro A40 TR Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Astro A40 TR is a PC gaming headset that also works for laptop and mobile gaming. This over-ear headset puts you in the middle of the action with its pro audio quality. The Astro A40 comes with a 1 meter mobile cable with an in-line remote, and a 1.5 meter PC Splitter cable.
Note: This headset does not include the MixAmp.
Design: The Astro A40 TR is equipped with plush ear and headband cushions that are covered in soft cloth. The drivers are housed in an open-air ear cup, and deliver pro quality audio. An optional Mod Kit lets you transform the A40 TR into a closed-back, noise-isolating headset (sold separately by the manufacturer). A 6mm unidirectional, noise-canceling microphone is mounted on the 7" boom. The headphones weigh just 13 ounces.
Included Cables: The Astro A40 TR comes with two cables: a 42" mobile audio cable and a 62" PC splitter cable. The mobile audio cable has an in-line media remote control with a rotary volume wheel, in-line microphone, in-line mute button, and an answer/hangup button. The PC splitter cable is useful for connecting the headphone to a PC with separate headphone and microphone outputs (3.5mm).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.