Weatherproof HD mini-dome surveillance camera with pan-tilt-zoom and night vision
Our take on the ClearView MPTZ-2 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Keep an eye on your property with pan, tilt, and zoom
The compact ClearView MPTZ-2 is a versatile, weatherproof, vandalproof camera that makes it easier than ever to keep tabs on your home or business. The camera provides a sharp 1080p HD image thanks to a 2-megapixel CMOS image sensor.
A 4X optical zoom lens, 355° rotation, and the ability to tilt the camera remotely let you focus on exactly the part of the image you need to see when you're watching over your property and loved ones. Choose night mode to see what's going on even in the dark.
- 2-megapixel indoor/outdoor surveillance camera with motorized pan-tilt-zoom function
- Night mode and backlight correction keep image clear in challenging lighting conditions
- 355° panning range
- 90° per second panning speed
- 100° tilt range
- 60° per second tilt speed
- choose from 15 preset scanning patterns or take manual control
- 1/2.7" Exmor CMOS image sensor
- zoom lens with 2.7-11mm focal length
- 4X optical zoom (16X digital)
- powered by Power over Ethernet (PoE) or 12-volt power supply, sold separately
- resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels (30 fps)
- shutter speed: 1-1/30,000 seconds
- records to optional microSD memory card (up to 64GB)
- vandalproof metal casing
- up to 24 zones for privacy masking
- consult local authorities regarding video surveillance before installing security cameras in public areas
- 5-1/4" diameter x 4-1/2" high
- weight: 2.09 lbs.
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- MPTZ-2 dome PTZ camera with attached 20" DC power (barrel connector) and Ethernet (RJ45) plugs
- Weatherproof sleeve for RJ45 connector
- Weatherproof cap for RJ45 connector
- 2 Rubber gaskets
- 3 Self-tapping screws (1" length)
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Self-adhesive mounting template
- Mini-CD-ROM with Installation Manual
- Certification card
Overview: The ClearView MPTZ-2 is a 2MP IP PTZ dome camera designed for indoor or outdoor use in a Network system, such as the ClearView Phoenix system. This weatherproof (IP66), high-definition camera has a 4x zoom lens with a 2.7mm-11mm focal length. The lens has a horizontal angle of view of 112.5° (wide angle) to 39° (telephoto). The camera can be powered by DC 12V (power supply, sold separately) or PoE (power over Ethernet).
Imaging Device: The camera features 1/2.7" 2.0-megapixel image sensor. It can output HD video signals of 1920 x 1080p at up to 30 fps, and 1280 x 720p at up to 60 fps.
PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom): The MPTZ-2 dome camera has a continuous 0° to 355° pan range, and a 0° to 90° tilt range, to go along with its 4x optical /16x digital zoom range. You can manually control the speed of the pan (0.1° to 100° per second) and the tilt (0.1° to 60° per second). Its Proportional Pan and Tilt function varies the pan and tilt speeds in proportion to the depth of the zoom. This keeps the image from moving too fast when the camera is zoomed in. There are 300 preset positions to choose from, plus 5 PTZ patterns, 8 tours, Auto Pan, and Auto Scan. The Auto Restore feature automatically brings the lens back to its previous PTZ position and lens status after a power failure.
Video Formats: The MPTZ-2 features dual-stream encoding in both H.264 and MJPEG (Motion JPEG). The main stream can be 1080p (1-30fps) or 720p (1-60fps), and the sub stream in D1/CIF (1-30fps). The bit rate for H.264 is 448K to 8192Kbps, while the bit rate for MJPEG is 5120K to 10240Kbps.
Memory Card Slot: The camera is equipped with a microSD card slot. This allows you to save video from the camera directly to an inserted memory card. MicroSD cards up to 64 GB can be used with the camera.
Minimum Illumination: The MPTZ-2 can give you a clear, bright picture in low light. The minimum illumination for color is 0.05 Lux @ F1.6, and 0.005 Lux @ F1.6 for Black & White. The camera does not have IR LEDs for recording in total darkness (0 Lux).
Privacy Masking: If there are areas in the camera's view that you do not wish to show, you can use privacy masking to obscure those areas. Up to 24 areas can be selected for privacy masking.
Vandalproof / Weatherproof: The MPTZ-2 is designed to resist tampering or vandalism, and carries an IK10 rating. It is also weatherproof, with an IP66 ingress rating.
Camera Adjustments: You can make the following adjustments to the camera:
- Gain Control: Auto, Manual
- White Balance: Auto, ATW, Indoor, Outdoor, Manual
- Day/Night: Auto (ICR), Color, B/W
- Backlight Compensation: BLC, HCL, WDR
- Electronic Shutter Speed: 1/1 to 1/30,000 seconds
Installation: The MPTZ-2 is designed to be mounted on a wall or ceiling with 3 screws (supplied). The power and video cables can be routed through the ceiling/wall by drilling an additional hole, or routed to the side through the groove in the camera base. The cable splits into a network port (RJ-45 Ethernet) and a power input port (12V DC). A mounting template is included to provide a guide for drilling holes for the mounting screws and cable. The camera has an operating temperature range of -22°F to +140°F (-30°C-+60°C).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.