9.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®. Dolby Atmos®. DTS:X, and HEOS
Our take on the Marantz SR6012 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Spellbinding home theater sound
The SR6012 combines Marantz's proprietary amplifier technology with first-class video performance to bring you a captivating home theater experience. This nine-channel receiver delivers realistic, three-dimensional Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound. Advanced video processing with 4K upscaling gives you an excellent picture on your compatible Ultra HD TV.
Make the most of every music source
The SR6012 offers playback of high-resolution audio formats from a networked computer or USB thumb drive. Special processing cleans up lower-resolution audio formats, letting you get the most out of the ample streaming music choices you get through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, and Apple® AirPlay®.
Streamline your music with HEOS
Built-in HEOS technology lets you access all your music — from your personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL — through the SR6012.
This receiver can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers and components in different rooms, and control each room's sound independently with the free HEOS app. The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room.
Customizable amp configurations let you set up the system you want
The SR6012's 9-channel amplifier gives you extra flexibility to expand your system into other rooms of your house. In your living room, you can set up a 7.1-channel surround sound system, or a 5.1.2-channel Atmos system with a pair of upward-firing or overhead speakers. That leaves you with two amplifier channels you can reassign to power a set of speakers outdoors or in another room.
If you're happy with a 5.1-channel system in your home theater, this receiver can power speakers in two additional zones. Or the extra height channels can be used to bi-amp a pair of compatible front speakers for more powerful sound.
A "Zone 2" HDMI output lets you watch video from two separate sources in your living room and a second room.
Power and Processing:
- 9-channel amplifier
- 110 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- supports 5.1.2, 5.1.4, and 7.1.2 Atmos setups with multiple placement patterns for height channels
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage
- video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT32 auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance for as many as eight seating positions
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
- Audyssey Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
- Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Audyssey MultEQ app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and free internet radio streams with TuneIn (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify® Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Apple® AirPlay® for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6MHz)
- MDAX2 (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander 2) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- amp assign function lets you use Height 1 and Height 2 speaker outputs for Zone 2, Front B, or bi-amping front speakers
- powered and line-level stereo outputs for 2nd room allow 5.2- or 7.2-channel sound in main room
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- supports 2nd zone output from digital sources
Audio Performance Features:
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) offers improved dynamic range and detail while reducing noise
- current feedback circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- Pure Direct mode turns off unused circuitry for cleaner audio signals
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR 10 and Dolby Vision
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 4 in, 1 out (includes front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 11.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB memory devices
- outputs for 11 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height1 L/R, Height2 L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 9 channels at once
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- RS-232C, remote (IR), and 12 volt-trigger connections for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone output
- detachable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Marantz AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- 4 smart select function buttons for one-touch power-up, source selection and recall of volume and Audyssey configuration
- Video Select lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-3/8"W x 6-3/8"H x 16-7/16"D (9-1/8"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 28.4 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 9.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC035SR)
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB)
- Microphone stand
- 2 WLAN/Bluetooth antennas
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes On Radio
- Warranty Information
- Microphone Stand Assembly Instructions
- Sheet of self-adhesive cable labels
- Spotify brochure
- "Bluetooth/WiFi Certified" sheet
Great product from a great company!
Harold, Saint Joseph, MO
Marantz SR6012 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
9-Channel Discrete Amplifier: The Marantz 6012 is equipped with a power amplifier that reproduces high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound reproduction. The 9 channel amplifier is rated at 110 watts with 2 channels driven (20-20kHz, 8-ohms, 0.08% THD).
Amplifier Assignment: The SR6012's nine discrete amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup. You can even connect up to eleven speakers at a time and the receiver will intelligently and automatically select which speakers need power based on audio source and surround sound format.
- 11ch: Provides 11ch playback by assigning all nine internal amplifiers to the receiver's main zone and using an external 2ch amplifier for either the Front or Height 2 channels. Up to nine speakers can be powered by the receiver's amplifier, while two speakers are powered by an external amplifier. This amplifier configuration is compatible with up to 11.1ch and 7.1.4ch applications.
- 9ch: Assigns all nine amplifiers within the receiver for the Main Zone to power the Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, and Height speakers. You can connect up to eleven speakers to the receiver's amplifier and the receiver will automatically allocate the nine amplifier channels to power up to nine speakers at a time. This amplifier configuration will automatically switch between 9.1ch and 7.1.2ch / 5.1.4 applications.
- 7ch Bi-Amp: Assigns all nine amplifiers of the receiver to the Main Zone with the front speakers bi-amped. Up to nine total speakers can be connected at one time - including Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back and Height speakers. The receiver will automatically switch for playback between 7.1ch and 5.1.2ch applications. The receiver's Height 2 amplifier channels are assigned to bi-amp the front speakers. A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker. One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section. With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a limited frequency range, making its job easier.
- 7ch + Zone 2: The nine amplifier channels of the receiver are assigned to power a 7ch speaker system in the Main Zone and stereo speakers in Zone 2. Up to nine total speakers can be connected in the Main Zone - including Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back and Height speakers. The receiver will automatically switch for playback between 7.1ch and 5.1.2ch applications. The receiver's Height 2 amplifier channels are assigned to power Zone 2.
- 7ch + Front B: Assigns seven amplifier channels of the receiver to the Main Zone for up to 7ch playback and two amplifier channels to power another pair of front speakers in the Main Zone for stereo playback only. Up to eleven total speakers can be connected in the Main Zone - including Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, Height, and Front B speakers. The receiver can automatically switch for playback between 7.1ch and 5.1.2ch application. The receiver's Height 2 amplifier channels are assigned to power the Front B speakers.
- 5Ch Bi-Amp + Zone 2: Assigns seven amplifiers of the receiver to the Main Zone with the front speakers bi-amped and two amplifier channels assigned to Zone 2 to power a pair of speakers in another room. The 5ch speaker system will consists of Front, Center, and Surround. The receiver's Height channels are reassigned to bi-amp the front speakers and power Zone 2. Surround Back speaker channels are not available in this mode. This amplifier configuration is not compatible with Dolby Atmos.
Note: The receiver's Height 1 & 2 amplifier speaker channels in a 9ch or 7ch amplifier configuration can be configured as Top Front, Top Middle, Top Rear, Front Dolby, or Surround Dolby for Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.
High Grade Audio Components: The Marantz 6012 utilizes HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology & Current Feedback Topology to deliver superior audio fidelity.
- HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module): Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on our Reference Series components, the 6012 incorporates multiple HDAM modules which provide superior low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today's high resolution audio formats
- Current Feedback Topology: In addition to HDAM technology, the 6012 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on our very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wideband audio sources.
Advanced 32-Bit D/A Conversion On All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the SR6012 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience. In addition, the receiver utilizes a Hybrid PLL Clock Jitter Reducer to eliminate distortion caused by jitter errors for a more accurate reproduction of the recording the way the artist intended.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||DSD||2ch to 6ch (2.8MHz, 1-bit)|
|2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
Immersive Surround Sound: The Marantz 6012 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos & DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos:
Dolby Atmos surround sound technology
dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based
coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds
anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now you can enjoy this same
award-winning technology at home with the 6012 that lets you connect a
5.1 or 7.1 surround sound speaker system and 2-4 additional overhead
speakers or 2-4 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater
- A 5.1.2 configuration is based on a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by 2 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- A 5.1.4 configuration is based on a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by 4 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- A 7.1.2 configuration is based on a more advanced 7.1 speaker layout complemented by 2 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- A 7.1.4 configuration is based on a more advanced 7.1 speaker layout complemented by 4 overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers (two of the overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers must be powered by an external 2ch amp).
- DTS:X: The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the 6012 features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
Post Decoding Formats: The Marantz AV receiver supports Dolby Surround & DTS Neural:X to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats. It will also be able to support DTS Virtual:X through a future firmware update (no ETA).
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch, or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS Neural:X: Further, DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- DTS Virtual:X (via Future Firmware Update): DTS Virtual:X bridges the gap between DTS:X and the reality of so many consumers' homes, allowing you to enjoy multi-dimensional sound regardless of room size, layout, or speaker configuration. DTS Virtual:X can be used with any content (from 2ch to 5.1ch soundtracks), while delivering virtual height & virtual surround processing based on psychoacoustics (not reflective surfaces).
Audyssey Platinum: The Marantz SR6012 features the Audyssey Platinum suite of powerful DSP features - including MultEQ XT32, Sub EQ HT, LFC (Low Frequency Containment), Dynamic Volume, and Dynamic EQ.
- MultEQ XT32: Via the supplied measuring microphone, Audyssey MultEQ32 measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers. Audyssey MultEQ32 incorporates Up to eight listening positions can be measured, configured, and recorded. MultEQ XT32 compensates for both time and frequency characteristics of the listening area based on "Audyssey Setup" measurement results. Selection is done from three types of compensation curves - Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off).
- Sub EQ HT: Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
- LFC (Low Frequency Containment): Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Direct Listening Modes: The Marantz 6012 offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Source Direct provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct goes a step further by turning off the receiver's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noise being added to the audio signal.
Stereo Modes: The Marantz 6012 surround receiver also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers. The 2CH Stereo mode is for playing in two channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer. Multi-Channel Stereo mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers. Virtual Speaker mode lets you enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Audio Enhancements: The Marantz 6012 receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic (including PL II, PL IIx, PL IIz), and DTS Neo:6 modes.
- M-DAX: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The M-DAX function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
Level Adjustments: The 6012 provides the following level adjustments.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
- Dialogue Level: You can adjust the output level (+/-12dB) to clarify the dialogue output from the center channel.
- Subwoofer Level: You can set the receiver's subwoofer output level (+/-12dB) independent from the other speaker levels and system's main volume.
Volume Settings: The 6012 offers the following volume settings.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB).
- Volume Limit: You can set a maximum volume level of 0dB (80), -10dB (70), or -20dB (60) to limit the receiver's total volume output.
- Turn-On Volume: You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18dB, or Last)
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
Audio Outputs: The Marantz AV receiver features color-coded binding-post speaker terminals, 11.2ch pre-outs, and a front-panel headphone jack.
- Color-Coded Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual). The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 4 to 16-ohm. The AV receiver comes with color-coded labels to easily identify which channel a speaker cable should be connected to. Since the speaker cables have labels in the same colors as the connectors on the 6012's rear panel, there's no longer any confusion about which terminals they should be connected to.
- 11.2Ch Pre-Outs: The AV receiver features 7.2ch pre-amp outputs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers. The pre-outs are variable. For compatibility with dual subwoofer home theater systems, the SR6012 features two discrete subwoofer outputs. With dual subwoofers, which can be placed in different parts of the room, you'll benefit from response averaging, which helps provide smoother and more detailed deep bass, compared to a conventional single subwoofer speaker system.
- Headphone Jack: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
Phono Input: The Marantz SR6012 is fitted with a Phono input (MM), so you can connect your turntable and listen to your vinyl records with high-quality sound.
7.1 Channel Input: The SR6012 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound. If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input.
HDMI 2.0b: Featuring eight HDMI inputs (including one conveniently located on the front-panel) and three HDMI outputs, the 6012 incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0b specification, including support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3D content. The 6012 also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
- 4K/60Hz Pass-Through: The 6012 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output (pass-through only). It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI
- HDCP 2.2: All of the receiver's HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the receiver's rear-panel HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. The front-panel HDMI only supports 4K 60/50Hz using format YCbCr 4:2:0 only.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- 21:9 Aspect Ratio: By supporting 21:9 aspect ratio, this receiver can show films recorded in the Cinema Scope format on your TV for a much more immersive video experience. When these types of films are viewed in the usual 16:9 ratio, you see black bars at the top and bottom of the screen; 21:9 eliminates these bars.
HDR Compatibility: HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The receiver supports HDR 10, Dolby Vision, and HLG.
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses no metadata, Dolby Vision utilizes dynamic metadata which adjusts brightness, color, and contrast automatically for each scene. Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your TV's display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended. Dolby Vision supports 12-bit color and 10,000 nits.
4K Video Upconversion & Upscaling: The Marantz AV receiver's sophisticated video processor provides upconversion from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160 pixels), which lets you connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (HDMI) video sources to the SR6012 and then connect to your TV with just a single HDMI cable. Only the receiver's main HDMI output supports video upconversion.
Note: When composite or component video signals are used, only 480i video signals are converted to HDMI (up to 4K).
Three HDMI Outputs: The two parallel HDMI outputs distribute the same video signal simultaneously to two separate displays, while the discrete HDMI output allows you to play a different audio/video source in another zone (Zone 2).
Other HDMI Features: The Marantz 6012 AV receiver's HDMI connectivity also offers 3D video pass-through, ARC (Audio Return Channel), Deep Color & x.v.Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- 3D Ready: The 6012 AV receiver supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the 6012's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-500ms) if the TV supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 500ms to synchronize it with the video image.
Note: The receiver will support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) via a firmware update (no ETA yet). eARC will support uncomprerssed audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, & DTS HD Master Audio - where standard ARC was limited to Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS HD, and PCM.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When the AV receiver is in "Standby" mode and the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers HDMI input will be output to your television, via the AV receiver's HDMI monitor output. Once the receiver is turned "On", only video will pass through the monitor output to your TV and the audio is directed to the receiver's speaker outputs.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
Component & Composite Video: The receiver features two composite video inputs and one composite video monitor output; supports up to 480i. There are also two component video inputs (60MHz) and one component video monitor output; supports up to 1080p.
Advanced ISFccc Video Calibration: The 6012 is certified by the Imaging Science Foundation to deliver top video quality, and the unit also features advanced ISFccc video calibration controls that allow for precision fine-tuning of the connected HDTV, even if it's not an ISF certified set. You can choose from a variety of Picture Modes - Standard, Movie, Vivid, Streaming, ISF Day, ISF Night, Custom, or Off. The Custom mode lets you manually adjust Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Noise Reduction, and Enhancer (sharpness).
Video Modes: You can set the video processing method to match the type of video content. Choose from Movie, Game, Auto, or Bypass.
Video Select Function: This receiver can display video from a different source on your connected TV during audio playback from Tuner or HEOS music apps.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Marantz 6012 receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to connect the receiver to your home network. The unit also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Either network connection gives the receiver access to HEOS music apps (like Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, etc), TuneIn, your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, as well as music content on your Windows PC or DLNA music server. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual Setting, PIN Code, or even through your Apple iOS device (5.0+).
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
TuneIn Internet Radio: The Marantz 6012 includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the built-in TuneIn online music service. Simply select TuneIn from the receiver's on-screen menu using the included remote and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to you.
Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you can stream Spotify to the Marantz AV receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
HEOS Music Apps: With built-in HEOS technology and the HEOS app on your Apple iOS 7.0+ or Android OS 4.0 devices, you'll be able to stream a wide variety of online music services, plus the music library of your mobile device through the Marantz AV receiver.
- Online Music Services: Using the HEOS app, you'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Napster, TuneIn, and Amazon Music. The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels.
- Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you are able to stream your device's music library to the Marantz AV receiver. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library.
- Prior to using the HEOS system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too.
- If you prefer, HEOS supports multiple accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora, Spotify, or other online music account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
DLNA 1.5 Certified: The 6012 is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant for audio and photo networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music and still-images (JPEG) stored on your Windows PC. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through the A/V receiver and view still-images on your connected TV, or use the 6012's remote control to browse music & photo files on your hard drive. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and META tag information; so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display or on-screen menu. In addition the unit will display Album Art on a connected television. The Marantz 6012 supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Hi-Res||WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.wav|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.flac|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.m4A|
|Compressed||MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11/12).
AM/FM Tuner: The Marantz AV receiver features a built-in AM/FM tuner with 56 station auto-preset memory tuning. You can also set your presets manually. You can create an 8-character name for each preset station. You can even directly enter a station number using the receiver's on-screen menu and remote control.
Software Updates: Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Marantz server. Visit Marantz's Owner's Circle for access to downloads to keep the Marantz receiver up-to-date.
Front-Panel USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32. The unit can recognize up to 500 folders/5,000 files. You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Song/artist information will display on your HDMI-connected TV and the receivers front-panel display. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Hi-Res||WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.wav|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.flac|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.m4A|
|Compressed||MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
Note: The receiver's USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones & tablets.
AirPlay 2 (via available firmware update): Through an available firmware update, the Marantz AV receiver will support AirPlay 2. AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the Marantz receiver and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the Marantz receiver. With AirPlay 2, also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI). You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Marantz receiver.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Marantz 6012 features built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0+EDR) with a 98' wireless range for music streaming (A2DP 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.5). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, computer, laptop, and more to the Marantz AV receiver. You will also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) using the receiver's remote. Advanced music operation and song/artist/album info will still be done from your Bluetooth source device. Up to eight Bluetooth devices can be paired the 6012, but only one device can be connected and used at a time.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Marantz AV receiver.
Zone 2 (Line-Level & Speaker-Level): Zone 2 allows stereo audio playback of another source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via RCA line-level output or speaker-level output. When using the SR6012 to power speakers in a second room of your home, the main zone is restricted to 5.1-channels. When using the receiver's line output terminals for the second room you need an additional amplifier to power your Zone 2 speakers; the main Zone of the receiver remains 7.1-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the Marantz receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources:
- HDMI audio (2ch PCM only)
- Optical/Coaxial digital inputs (2ch PCM only)
- Analog Audio Inputs
- AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone)
- USB & Bluetooth
- Network sources (AirPlay, TuneIn Internet Radio, Spotify, Connect, HEOS Music apps, & DLNA); the same network source is played in Zone 1 and Zone 2
- Incompatible Sources:
- HDMI & Analog Video
- DSD audio files
Note: Unfortunately, you cannot select USB, Bluetooth and Network sources exclusively for each Zone. For example, if you select a network source for Zone 2 when a USB source is selected for the Main Zone, the input source in the Main Zone also switches to the same network source as Zone 2.
HDMI Zone 2: The SR6012 also incorporates multi-zone HDMI audio/video distribution for Zone 2 with the inclusion of its HDMI matrix switching functionality. The receiver can send two different HDMI video feeds to two displays at the same time directly from the receiver. HDMI Zone 2 also supports 2ch PCM audio from the HDMI input source selected. The HDMI Zone 2 function is only compatible with the HDMI 1-7 input connectors. It is not compatible with the HDMI 8 input connector or any other input source. Volume of HDMI Zone 2 is controlled from the TV or additional receiver in Zone 2.
Note: If the receiver's Main Zone and HDMI Zone 2 are set to the same HDMI input source, the Maine Zone audio will be mixed down to 2-channel audio.
All Zone Stereo Function: The All Zone Stereo function allows you to enjoy the AV receiver's Main Zone audio source in Zone 2 simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types - analog, digital, or wireless). During the All Zone Stereo mode, only the "Multi Ch Stereo" and "Stereo" sound modes can be selected. You will have independent volume control in each zone. All Zone Stereo mode is useful when you want to enjoy the same music at the same time in multiple rooms during a get together or party.HEOS Wireless Multiroom Audio: Built-in HEOS technology enables the SR6012 to become part of the HEOS by Denon wireless multi-room audio eco-system, allowing you to stream and control all of your local and online music effortlessly from anywhere in your home with the HEOS App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device over a wireless WiFi network connection. The HEOS system is a true multi-room audio system that automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple HEOS devices so that your music (up to 24-bit/192kHz Hi-Res audio) coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync and always sounds amazing. You can play the same audio source (other than your connected TV) in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room.
- Systems: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system by Denon can support up to 32 HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers (all sold separately) on a single wireless network (IEEE 802.11 g/n; 2.4/5GHz).
- Sources: The following sources can be distributed through the HEOS multi-room audio system - Receiver's analog, HDMI, & optical/coax digital inputs; built-in AM/FM tuner and TuneIn Internet Radio, HEOS music apps & Spotify Connect; Windows PC & DLNA music servers; Bluetooth & USB audio; plus music libraries stored on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. HEOS wireless multiroom audio does not support AirPlay.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual speakers or amplifiers into a group of speakers that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 speakers/amplifiers per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group 16 rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: The Marantz AV receiver only supports a single HEOS music stream. If you desire a second HEOS music stream through the receiver's multizone output, you will need to connect the HEOS Link to one of the AV receiver's analog inputs.
HDMI Monitor 2: The receiver's second HDMI monitor output lets you send the same HDMI audio/video input signal that is being played in the main zone to a second zone (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs).
AVR Remote App: The new Marantz AVR Remote App lets you control the Marantz 6012 AV receiver using your Apple (iOS 7.0) or Android (OS 4.0+) device. From this free app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you'll be able to control the Marantz AV receiver's basic functions; such as power, volume, input, surround modes, and other settings. You'll also be able to control separate Zones of the receiver, as well as navigate the AV receiver's network and Internet content from the app. In addition, you get you get unique features likes a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, the ability to create playlists, and control over a Marantz Blu-ray player.
- Landscape Orientation Control Screen: With a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, you can easily browse and navigate through your network music services or personal digital music collection with ease, and at the same time view now-playing information and cover art all on a single screen.
- Create Playlists: The app's playback screen allows you to easily build your own personal music playlists on the fly with the ability to Drag & Drop files into your queue, or tap to "Play Now", "Play Next", "Play Next and Replace Queue" or "Add to End of Queue". You can then save your queue as a playlist for easy recall.
- Marantz Blu-ray Player Control: The app allows control over select Marantz Blu-ray players (UD7007/5007) that are connected to the AV receiver via HDMI.
Note: This AV receiver is not compatible with last year's older Marantz Remote App.
HEOS App: You'll need to download the HEOS App onto your Apple iOS 7.0+ or Android OS 4.0 device to enjoy HEOS functionality on the 6012 receiver. Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the AV receiver and your entire HEOS system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers to your home's wireless network.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music/Sources: You can select what music and which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.; your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC/DLNA server, or USB thumbdrive; and analog inputs; as well as Bluetooth on the HEOS AVR. You can also select music from Playlists you've created, Favorites you've saved, and your recent listening History.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Alexa Compatible (via firmware update): Through a network firmware update, HEOS and Amazon Alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio. In addition to controlling your HEOS components with the HEOS app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with Amazon Alexa voice technology and an Amazon Alexa device (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show - all sold separately). Voice control features include -
- Alex voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power on/off. The HEOS Bar and HEOS AVR even support HDMI switching (1-4) through Alexa voice command.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS & Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM.
- For a list of current Alexa voice commands supported by the HEOS HomeEntertainment Skill, click here. For setup instructions, click here.
Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate your HEOS products via voice-command. Youre HEOS components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
MultEQ Editor App: Download the MultEQ Editor App onto your Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.0+ devices for further sound customization and detailed tuning to more precisely tailor the sound to your room and personal preferences. This app lets you view the speaker detection results to check correct installation, view before and after results of the Audyssey calibration making it easy to identify room problems, edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes, adjust the EQ frequency adjustment range for each channel pair, switch between 2 high frequency roll-off target curves, enable/disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother, as well as save and load calibration results.
IR Remote: The Marantz 6012 comes with an IR remote for wireless operation of the AV receiver. The 6012's can also be used to control select external audio/video components connected via HDMI which support HDMI control. The receiver can even be controlled by your HDMI connected Smart TV.
- HDMI-CEC: When you make an HDMI connection with a TV or Blu-ray player compatible with the 6012's HDMI control function, you can perform the operations from the 6012's remote control; Power off, Switching of audio output devices, Switching of audio input devices, Volume adjustment, and Playback functions.
- Smart TV Control: When you connect the 6012 to your Smart TV, you have the option of controlling the 6012 via the TV's remote control which lets you select an input, adjust the volume and choose the surround sound mode. The receiver and your TV must be connected via HDMI with the HDMI-CEC function activated on both components.
Custom Integration: The Marantz 6012 provides advanced remote connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration and theater applications using premium control systems. These features include Remote In/Out, Flasher In, DC Trigger Out, RS-232C port, & IP control.
- Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the 6012 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the 6012 from an external key-pad (sold separately).
- DC Trigger Output: The DC trigger output (3.5mm) allows you to connect an external device so it can be turned on by the 6012.
- RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
- IP Control: The SR6012 can be set up and operated by a home computer via network IP control (via wired LAN or Wi-Fi), and also features Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) for quick and easy integration with home automation equipment.
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Wizard (via HDMI): With the on-screen graphical display that combines large clear text and colorful icons, plus the Marantz Setup Assistant, setup is both simple and quick, letting you easily make all necessary adjustments and settings to quickly and easily optimize the 6012 for your particular speaker configuration and source equipment. When you control the sound volume, the volume level is displayed on the screen, and when you switch the input source, the name of the input source is displayed. The on-screen menu display can only be output to your TV via HDMI.
Note: The receiver's front-panel LCD window only displays source input and volume. You will need to connect this receiver up to your TV via HDMI to configure speaker, network, input, and system settings through the AV receiver's on-screen menu.
Smart Select: On the 6012's front-panel, you'll find four Smart Select buttons that let you quickly choose from the most popular input sources; the ergonomically designed remote also includes Smart Select function buttons. With Smart Select, the 6012 remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV and FLAC music files via USB or DLNA.
Source Rename + Panel Lock: You can change the display name (up to 8 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn't being used, you can delete it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources. To prevent accidental operation of this unit, you can disable operation of the buttons on the front-panel.
Dual Backup Memory Function: This receiver stores its settings in a nonvolatile memory even when the main power supply is turned off. Using the Dual Backup Memory function, you can write settings information to another memory area to back up saved settings for recovery anytime as needed.
- Personal Memory Plus: This function sets the settings (input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, MultEQ, Dynamic EQ, audio delay, etc.) last selected for the individual input sources.
- Last Function Memory: This function stores the settings which were made before going into the standby mode. When the power is turned back on, the settings are restored.
Timers: The Marantz AV receiver features a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Standby function.
- Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Auto Standby: The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (15/30/60 minutes). Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto Standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
Smart ECO Mode: This receiver is equipped with a Smart ECO Mode function that allows you to enjoy music and movies while reducing the power consumption during use, Smart Eco Mode adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level selected to reduce power consumption.
Protection Circuit: This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs. In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Excellent features for the price. Audyssey XT32 + Marantz sound quality and full feature set. [ Jonathon Sep 18, 2018 ]
Marantz has always had superior sound capable of being driven to high levels of power with clarity and punch. [ experimentalist Sep 15, 2018 ]
Features I need at a price I want. Thanks! [ W Sep 14, 2018 ]
I purchased this receiver because it suits all of my needs, @ a great price. I have been a Crutchfield customer for ~ 30 years because of their awesome service, & support. I know I can count on Crutchfield for all my electronics needs/wants! [ Trustnone Sep 09, 2018 ]
Marantz quality and price. [ Jim Sep 09, 2018 ]
Top quality brand. Great close out price. [ Stephen Sep 08, 2018 ]
This is a best-in-class unit at the same price as the next tier down. It has an abundance of features and nearly future proof (HDCP 2.2, a trio of HDMI outs, Bluetooth, Alexa, Apple Airplay) and I can play up to 11 speakers in various configurations. I expect to add a powered amp in the next 6-9 months to make my outdoor system sound as good as the one inside. [ PETER A Sep 03, 2018 ]
Excellent opportunity to upgrade my Marantz SR82. [ Steven Sep 02, 2018 ]
I don't recall being asked, but I want Tyler to get credit for this sale. He helped me a lot. [ Drew Aug 31, 2018 ]
I been looking for a 9.2 avr for some time that has room to grow with external amps that I can add to the system down the road and it's a plus that it has all the latest surround sound features. And I aways wanted to try a Marantz since I had denon avr, Pioneer avr and Sony avr they all sound great but didn't quiet give me the room to grow and improve the system. So we will see how this one goes. [ Chad Aug 16, 2018 ]
Good reviews [ Neal Aug 15, 2018 ]
Crutchfield not only had the item I wanted in stock but also had a great price on it and the website was super easy to use. [ Baxter Aug 10, 2018 ]
I needed to upgrade my receiver from HDMI 1.4 to HDMI 2.0. The 7.1-channel RCA connections will allow use of the DAC in my Oppo-302. With 9 channels I can Bi-Amp my Mirage M3 speakers and still have a 7.1 surround set-up. And stepping up to Dolby Atmos is a big plus as well. [ MATTHEW J Aug 08, 2018 ]
Fantastic price, features, styling, previous experience with Marantz. [ JAMES D Aug 07, 2018 ]
Price cut, and new features on the 6013 do not apply to me. [ Louis Aug 05, 2018 ]
Quality,sound and price. [ Joseph Aug 01, 2018 ]
Good product [ Perry Jul 30, 2018 ]
Because it's great quality. [ DAVID Jul 26, 2018 ]
9.2 receiver for 899.00! [ Domenick Jul 19, 2018 ]
I was interested in the Marantz SR5012, SR6012 and Anthem MRX 520. The Marantz units were a little more future proof with 4K upscaling, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X along with internet ready features. Both Marantz units offer more channels than I expect to use but the SR6012 retains a phono input that the SR5012 lacks. At that point, it came down to price with the 6012 being discontinued and cheaper. [ JOHNATHAN Jul 14, 2018 ]
When you own a Ferrari, you don't buy the cheapest gas. Same can be said about speakers and their processing receiver. Great speakers are only as good as the receiver feeding them. So, I bought the Marantz SR6012. [ Matt Jul 11, 2018 ]
Good features [ John Apr 09, 2018 ]
Excellent receiver with loads of features and great sound quality. [ Vijay Menon Mar 10, 2018 ]
Streaming ability and wireless speaker connectivity. [ JAMES F Dec 09, 2017 ]
Recommendation from Crutchfield advisor, known reputation and a friend has a Marantz receiver. [ B Nov 07, 2017 ]
Have Yamaha rx-a740 needed atmos receiver thought i try Marantz had good reviews. [ THOMAS Aug 06, 2017 ]
5 questions already asked
2 answers Can you use the power amp assign to use an external amp for the main speakers with an 11.2 channel setup that uses both front and rear height speakers in addition to the basic 7 channel (L C R SR SL SBR SBL) setup? The manual only shows using an external amp for the height speakers to do this? [ Steven Aug 30, 2018 ]
The manual lays out many scenarios, however, it all becomes pointless when you run the calibration mode. It took me hours to set this thing up, and it wasn't my first rodeo. I am using external amplifiers to run everything except for the 4 atmos speakers. I couldn't get the setup to complete it's cycle any other way. Marantz's tech support is nonexistent so you will have to rely on trial and error. BTW, be very careful to pay close attention to the subwoofer settings during the calibration. Turn it all of the way down like they tell you. You can't cheat it like to old audyssey setups. Hope this helps. [ Jeffery Sep 09, 2018 ]
Yes you can. Conect from the pre-out to the powered amp, Look at the back pre-ouy connections. This assumes the powered amp as unballanced in connection. [ Thomas Sep 05, 2018 ]
4 answers I just bought the Marantz SR6012 to use as a 5.1.4 and it worked flawlessly when I first hooked it up. I had to rearrange my cabinet to accommodate a new NVR for a security camera system that I installed. When I reinstalled the 6012 it won't power the back surround speakers. Instead it wants to go to left and right surround speakers which I don't have. What am I doing wrong? [ Jesse Aug 01, 2018 ]
check your speaker assignment settings. Run the setup again [ Andrew Aug 02, 2018 ]
I would reboot the system afresh, having made modifications to the room, even if slight. Go through the audssy mic calibration set menu and adjust the mic to the proper listening location, as the HUD instructs. The system will then know what speakers you have, and where they are located. This should then resolve your issue. [ Matt Aug 02, 2018 ]
Aside from the obvious (wired up right?), I would think of a couple of things. Is it set so that the back surround speakers are in Zone 2 instead? Did you run Audyssey and maybe it turned off the back surround automatically? Maybe try running Audyssey to see if it will fix the issue for you. Are the "back surround" speakers playing any audio at all, or is it just not the correct configuration? [ Nathan Aug 02, 2018 ]
Did you try to do a factory reset and then go through the setup process for the various speakers that you have connected? I'd also confirm that the speaker wiring in the back of the unit matches the source speakers. [ Elan Aug 01, 2018 ]
Bill, I am extremely happy with my Marantz SR6012. To answer your question, my receiver is not very hot at all. I too had read some reviews that the Marantz receivesr were very hot and I was worried about that issue. I have had the receiver for about a month. It was warm and smelled like new electronics for a couple of days as it "burned in" and now runs slightly warm, but not hot .No more electrical smell either. It is inside a credenza cabinet with about 6" of airspace above it. If you have it in an AV rack it should be no problem. The sound keeps getting better. It has a warm, very natural and musical sound on both tv/movies and music. I would highly recommend this receiver. By the way, the setup instructions are both concise and clear. The Audyssey XT/32 calibration is fantastic and helps improve the sound mix with your speakers. I think it is the "sweet spot" in the entire Marantz line. I read one review on an AV Forum and the new owner said he opened the receiver and Marantz had put two small fans under the heat sink to cool his unit. I do not know if this is true but my receiver does not feel like the Sahara while I watch tv or play music. Also has plenty of power for all my sound needs. A real winner. [ TERRY Jun 08, 2018 ]
I have the same receiver and I have an automatic cooling fan that turns on at 75 degrees and that's the extent of my temperature Journey with this receiver [ Billy Jun 08, 2018 ]
As long as there is air flow the heat is not a problem. The front and back or the sides should be open. It gets hot to the touch so ventilation is good enough. A fan is not required. [ Thomas Jun 08, 2018 ]
I would say that is plenty of space, what you are fighting here is the inefficiency of class AB amplifiers, but that is the same thing that is giving you the good sound. The only caution would be that the area you have this mounted in should be vented. I have mine in a closet with a fan at the top of the closet pushing the hot air out, which draws the cool air in from the opening at the bottom of the door. [ Cone Computer Jun 08, 2018 ]
That's correct! If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input. The volume would likely be controllable from either your preamp or Marantz receiver in that case. For more details or to discuss further, please contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. Thanks :) [ Larry Apr 25, 2018 ] Staff
Yes, you can configure the receiver to bi-amp your front speakers in a 5.1.2 Atmos system. For more details or to discuss further, please feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. Thanks! My bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/advisors/larry [ Larry Aug 10, 2017 ] Staff
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Get more power, three-zone audio, and Auro 3D®
The Marantz SR7012 offers these features:
125 watts per channel with 2 channels driven
three-room/three-source audio output
Auro-3D® built-in for three-dimensional soundfields with Auro-3D soundtrack mixes and a 9.1-channel speaker configuration
Frequently Compared With
9.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®. Dolby Atmos®. DTS:X, and HEOS
Denon AVR-X3400H IN-Command
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X, and HEOS
Denon AVR-X4400H IN-Command
9.2-channel receiver with Wi-Fi® Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X™, and HEOS
9.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X, and HEOS