Audio-Technica ATH-ANC9 QuietPoint
Over-ear noise-canceling headphones
Item # 901ATHANC9 | MFR # ATH-ANC9
This item is no longer available.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design for noise isolation
- active noise-canceling circuitry blocks out external distractions
- three levels of noise-cancellation:
- Mode 1 helps block out engine noises for travel
- Mode 2 is designed for noisy offices
- Mode 3 reduces ambient noises in quieter rooms
- 40mm dynamic drivers offer clear, detailed sound
- rechargeable "AAA" battery offers up to 15 hours of listening with noise cancellation
- USB charging cable included
- includes two detachable cables:
- 50" remote/mic cable with right-angled miniplug connector
- 49" cable with right-angled miniplug connector
- in-line remote controls music and calls for most smartphones
- stitched-covered headband and memory foam-filled earpads for style and comfort
- earcups swivel and can fold flat for storage
- hard zippered storage space
- frequency response: 10-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 100 dB
- impedance: 100 ohms
- weight: 8.5 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear noise-cancelling headphones (black)
- 1 "AAA" battery
- 50" Cable with in-line remote/mic (gold-plated right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- 49" Cable with gold-plated right-angled 3.5mm plug
- Gold-plated 3.5mm-to-1/4" plug adapter
- Airline adapter (female 3.5mm jack-to-dual 3.5mm male plugs)
- Hard zippered storage case
- Instruction Manual
They work as described
Anonymous, Clarksville, AR
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC9 QuietPoint Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.965" x 3.968"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||10-25k Hz|
|Cord Length||50" + 49"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The ATH-ANC9 is part of the QuietPoint series of Audio-Technica's consumer headphones. These over-ear headphones have large drivers that can deliver a wide frequency range. The 3-level Active Noise Cancelling technology eliminates much of the ambient noise around you so all you hear is the music. The headphones come two cables, both with a high quality 3.5mm gold-plated plug: one with an in-line remote/mic for controlling music and phone calls on your mobile device, and one without. The ANC is powered by a single "AAA" battery (included). The ear cups swivel 90° so you can fold them flat and store them in the included hard storage case.
Active Noise Cancelling (ANC): The ATH-ANC9 headphones have two miniature microphones incorporated into each earcup to pick up ambient noise. When ANC is activated, the ambient noise is cancelled by a phase-inverted signal. There are three levels of noise-cancelling: Mode 1 is designed for travel, reducing up to 30dB the low frequency noise that is typically heard in the cabins of airplanes, trains, and buses. Mode 2 reduces noise in the mid-range frequencies up to 30dB, and is designed for use in noisy offices and crowded places. Mode 3 is designed to create a quiet environment that is ideal for studying by reducing ambient noise by 20dB. The left earcup has a on/off switch for ANC, a mode select button, and a Power/ANC Mode LED indicator that glows when power is on: Blue for Mode 1 (Airplane), Red for Mode 2 (Office), or Green for Mode 3 (Study). A beep tone sounds in the headphones when you switch ANC modes. You may even use the headphones without the cable if you wish to experience the ANC without listening to music.
Rechargeable Battery: The ANC is powered by a single "AAA" battery (included). The battery charges in approximately 4 hours via the included Micro USB charging cable. A fully-charged alkaline battery provides approximately 30 hours of continuous listening with ANC activated, while a rechargeable battery offers approximately 15 hours of battery life.
Drivers: The ATH-ANC9 is equipped with large 40mm drivers that offers crystal-clear, high-fidelity audio reproduction.
Comfort Features: The headphones feature ultra-soft memory foam earpads and headband that provides comfort for many hours of listening pleasure.
Cables: The ATH-ANC9 comes with two thin cables, each with gold-plated, right-angled 3.5mm connectors. The 50" cable can be used with your portable devices, and has an in-line, one-button remote and microphone for controlling your music and phone calls. The remote lets you play/pause your music, and skip to the next track, plus accept or reject incoming phone calls and activating Apple's Siri or Android's voice assistance. The remote has additional functionality with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, including fast forward/reverse, and skipping to the previous track. The other cable is 49" in length, and does not include the remote/mic. Both cables terminate into a gold-plated 3.5mm plug. In addition, an airline adapter (female 3.5mm jack and dual 3.5mm plugs) is included to allow you to use your headphones for in-flight entertainment.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 25kHz
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Dimensions: Width: 2.965", Height: 3.968" Depth: 2.169"
- Cable Lengths: 49" (straight, no remote/mic, right angled 3.5mm plug), 50" (straight, with in-line remote/mic, right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- Weight: 8.5 ounces (with 50" cable with in-line remote/mic), 8.2 ounces (without remote)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Absolutely. They offer excellent fidelity and can even cancel out external noise for less distractions. I hope that helps. My Bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Ryan [ Ryan Oct 16, 2017 ] Staff