Cardioid dynamic microphone
Our take on the AKG D40 by Crutchfield's Alexander Hrabe
A tradition of excellence
Over sixty-five years ago, AKG began making microphones that were quickly embraced for their exceptional quality. Today, AKG's emphasis on continuous innovation keeps them in the forefront of microphone technology. If sound quality is your top priority, AKG microphones can make the difference between a good show and a great show.
Built like a tank
Live gigs can be rough on your equipment, so you need a versatile microphone that can take a beating gracefully. The D40 dynamic microphone sports a solid, all-metal body and outer grille that protect its inner works, while its shock-absorbing inner grille shields the transducer against physical damage and high sound pressure levels. If you're playing an outdoor venue, wind noise won't be a concern thanks to the D40's built-in pop filter.
Jack of all trades
This unidirectional dynamic microphone was designed to perform with a wide variety of instruments. Its integrated stand adapter offers a 135º swivel range that allows for precise mic alignment, and you can use the included H440 mounting bracket to mount the D40 directly on a drum shell. This versatile mic can handle high sound pressure levels, so it's perfect for use on percussion, wind instruments, and guitar amps.
- unidirectional dynamic microphone for instruments
- cardioid pattern for noise rejection and high gain before feedback
- special-design diapraghm provides crisp, powerful sound in all frequency ranges
- handles sound pressure levels up to 156 dB without any distortion
- integrated stand adapter and external H440 bracket for easy mounting
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- output impedance: 600 ohms
- maximum SPL: 156 dB
- weight: 0.54 lbs.
- stand adapter
- drum clip
- microphone bag
- warranty: 2 years limited
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- features: drum mounting clip; handles up to 156 dB
- live sound: drums, percussion, guitar amps, wind instruments
- frequency range: 50-20,000 Hz
Features and Specs
|Application||For live use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|