Olympus M. Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 Digital ED
Medium telephoto macro prime lens for Olympus PEN, OM-D, and other mirrorless cameras
Our take on the Olympus M. Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 Digital ED by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
A flower petal, suffused with the morning light streaming past the forest canopy. An adventurous beetle, navigating the rivulets on the rainforest floor after the daily deluge. Two wedding rings, stacked in front of the bride's dress. And a exquisite, soulful portrait of the bride in the room's subdued natural light. These are the kinds of images you'll be able to get with this lens on the front of your Olympus PEN or another mirrorless camera.
This lens is capable of great macro shots at focusing distances as close as 7-1/2 inches, and with its wide f/2.8 circular, seven-bladed aperture, your out-of-focus backgrounds will melt like butter. But that's not all. With its equivalent focal length of 120mm, it makes an excellent medium telephoto lens or portrait lens.
It's dust- and splash-proof as well, so don't worry about taking it out and about where the good shots live.
- M. Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 macro lens with 35mm equivalent of 120mm
- compatible with Olympus PEN and other mirrorless cameras
- dust-/splash-proof construction
- quiet MSC (movie and still compatible) autofocus mechanism causes no change to overall lens length during autofocus
- ED (extra-low dispersion), HR (high refractive index), and E-HR (extra-high refractive index) elements eliminate color fringing
- ideal for close-up, nature, portrait, and available light shooting
- life-size (1:1) magnification
- focus range: 7-1/2" to infinity
- constructed of 13 elements in 10 groups
- filter size: 46mm
- lens is 2-1/4" in diameter, 3-7/16" long
- weight: 6.53 oz.
- front and rear lens caps supplied
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Black M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro lens
- LC-58E front lens cap
- LR-2 rear lens cap
- Warranty card
So far so good, bought this for a macro lens but it is getting the same amount of use as a portrait lens.
Theo, Lancaster NY
Olympus M. Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 Digital ED Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The M. Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro lens has a Micro Four Thirds mount. It is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras.
MSC: This high-quality lens has a built-in MSC (Movie and Still Compatible) AF drive for fast, quiet focusing, even while shooting movies.
Focus Limit Switch: The lens has a rotary focus limit switch that lets you set the shooting range. The settings include:
|Switch Position||Minimum Focus Distance||Reproduction Ratio Scale||Effective f-Number|
|0.4m - ∞||1.11' (13.32")||1:4||f3.8|
|0.19m - ∞||0.76' (9.12")||1:2||f4.5|
|0.19m - 0.4m||0.66' (7.92")||1:1.3||f5.2|
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 60mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 120mm
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Angle of View: 20°
- Lens Construction: 13 elements in 10 groups, including ED lens, 2 HR lenses, and E-HR lens
- Closest Focusing Distance: 7.44"
- Diaphragm: 7 blade circular aperture diaphragm
- Filter Diameter: 46mm
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.191", Length=3.415" (3.694" w/caps)
- Weight: 6.53 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.