Clarion ProAudio DPH7500z
Digital Signal Processor / Digital EQ
Item # 020DPH7500 | MFR # DPH7500Z
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Clarion ProAudio DPH7500z
You can operate the DPH7500Z processor in "Easy" or "Professional" mode. "Easy" mode includes graphic equalizer (7-band adjustment, 6 preset and 6 user-adjustable curves), listening position (6 positions), and soundfield (12 preset, 6 user-adjustable) functions. The "Professional" mode allows for even more pinpoint control for the competitor or audiophile, including vehicle-specific EQ presets and parametric EQ.
Test-tone outputs, high- and low-pass crossover capability, titling for custom settings, and 4-volt outputs are some of the other features you'll find on this amazingly versatile unit. The Clarion DPH7500z will bring you the flexibilty, clarity, and power of digital sound processing.Details:
- twelve preset soundfields Hall, Church, Stadium, Livehouse, Disco, Jazzclub, Dome, Chamber, Park, Theater, Studio, BGM (reduced vocals)
- six user-adjusted soundfields can be stored in the memory
- seven-band digital equalizer (+/-12 dB at 50Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, 12kHz)
- six preset EQ settings (bass boost, high boost, acoustical, impact, smooth, and flat)
- subwoofer level and crossover (50Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz at 24 dB/octave) adjustment
- high-pass crossover adjustment (selectable 50/80/120 Hz at 18 dB/octave)
- test-tone output
- titling for EQ and soundfield custom settings
- six listening position settings (full seat, front-right, front-left, front, rear, and passenger)
- six Space EQ settings (Professional mode): large sedan, small sedan, large wagon, small wagon, large van, small van
- 3-band parametric EQ (Professional mode)
- four (non-standard) optical digital inputs for connection to compatible Clarion CD changers or receivers for superior signal transfer
- three 4-volt preamp outputs for connection to amplifiers or source unit inputs
- signal-to-noise ratio 107 dB (digital), 100 dB (analog)
- 20-bit D/A converters
- 9-11/16"W x 1"H x 8-1/4"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- Digital graphic/parametric EQ/DSP/crossover
- 8' CeNet cord (has square13-pin male CeNet connector on each end)
- two 6.5' stereo RCA patch cords
- self adhesive front/rear labels for RCA cords
- one 5' ground wire
- two metal mounting brackets
- three plastic wire ties
- four 8mm screws
- four plastic canoe clips
- three plastic cable clips
- warranty card/survey.
Attached to the product registration portion of the warranty/product registration card is an offer for two-year warranty coverage on all Clarion Pro-Audio products, excluding speakers, that are installed at the same location where purchased. This offer is validated when the dealer's and installer's signatures are obtained and the card is returned to Clarion. The offer does not apply to mail order purchases.
Brief Overview of Unit
Since all control of functions is through a CeNet connection, this unit can ONLY be used with CeNet Clarion headunits equipped with EQ/DSP control. This unit uses digital signal processing for surround sound effects, equalization and crossover functions.
"Easy" and "Professional" Modes: this unit may be used in "Easy" mode or "Professional" mode. "Easy Mode" includes graphic equalizer, listening position and DSP sound field functions. "Professional Mode" includes Space Equalizer and Parametric Equalizer functions. The following functions are common to both modes:
- 7-band spectrum analyzer display (displayed on compatible head unit's display)
- Auto Loudness Adjustments
- Subwoofer adjustments (see below)
- High-pass adjustments (see below)
- Test-tone Output (see below)
- Title input (assignment of titles for the DSP, Graphic EQ, Space EQ and Parametric EQ settings)
- 4-volt preamp output
Fine-adjustment of Listening Position (Easy Mode): Adjusts sound quality so that it sounds best at one of the following six positions: (1) Full-seat; (2) Front-Right; (3) Front-Left, (4) Front (5) Rear and (6) PASSenger.
DSP Sound Fields (Easy Mode): There are 12 preset DSP sound fields. The adjustable parameters for the sound fields are: effect, initial delay, rear mix, room size, liveness, reverb time, and high (the percentage of high frequencies in reverberations). Not all of the parameters listed above can be adjusted for each sound field. Up to 6 user adjusted sound fields can be stored in user memory. The preset sound fields are:
- Hall - Sound of a large concert hall
- Church - Sound of a church with high ceilings
- Stadium - Sound of a large stadium
- Livehouse - Sound of a live performance hall
- Disco - Sound of a disco with strong bass
- Jazzclub - Sound of a jazz club with a low ceiling
- Dome - Sound of an indoor sports arena
- Chamber - Sound of a large, echoing hall
- Park - Sound of a vast outdoor area
- Theater - Sound of a movie or drama theater
- Studio - Sound of a listening room in a home
- BGM - Vocals are reduced in level
Graphic Equalizer Settings (Easy Mode): There are six preset equalizer settings stored in memory, and you may store up to six user EQ settings. The adjustment range is +/-12dB, in 1dB steps, for the following frequencies: 50Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, and 12kHz. The following preset curves can be recalled from memory:
- Bass Boost: Emphasizes low frequencies
- High Boost: Emphasizes medium and high frequencies
- Acoustical: Emphasizes medium frequencies (vocals)
- Impact: Emphasizes low and high frequencies
- Smooth: Reduces medium and high frequencies
- Flat: No EQ applied
Space Equalizer Settings (Professional Mode): This unit is preset with six Space EQ settings for the following space types: large-scale sedan, small-scale sedan, large-scale wagon, small-scale wagon, large-scale van and small-scale van. The "DIFFUSE", "CAR WIDTH" and "CAR LENGTH" parameters may be adjusted to change the sound pressure distribution of each setting. In addition to the six presets, up to six user settings may be entered into memory.
3-band Parametric Equalizer Settings (Professional Mode): This unit is preset with six Parametric EQ settings for the following speaker system types: (1) sedan with 2-way (component) front speakers and rear deck speakers, (2) sedan with full-range (coaxial) front speakers and rear door speakers, (3) wagon with 2-way front speakers and rear speakers on the sides of the luggage area, (4) wagon with full-range (coaxial) front speakers and rear door speakers, (5) van with 2-way front speakers and rear speakers on the sides of the luggage area, and (6) van with full-range (coaxial) front speakers and "equivalent to rear door speakers". Three bands may be selected and adjusted for the front outputs, and three bands may be selected and adjusted for the rear outputs. The channel selection (front or rear), selection of center frequency (20-20kHz in 1/3 octave steps, 31 points), Q-curve setting (1, 3, 5, 7 or 20) and gain Parametric EQ settings may be adjusted. In addition to the six presets, up to six user settings may be entered into memory.
- Can be set to Off, Mono or Stereo
- Level can be adjusted in 15 steps (0-14)
- Low pass frequency can be set to 50Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz (crossover slope is 24dB/octave)
High Pass Adjustments:
- High pass frequency can be set to pass through, 50Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz (crossover slope is 18dB/octave)
Test Tones: Can be output in sequence from the speakers to check speaker connections.
- Two CeNet input/output jacks
- Four Digital Inputs: Non-standard Optical fiber digital inputs used to connect this unit to compatible Clarion CD changers or head unit.
- One Digital Output: Non-standard Optical fiber digital output; no current use.
- Front Output: Gold plated RCA stereo outputs, to amp or to source unit input.
- Rear Output: Gold plated RCA stereo outputs, to amp or to source unit input.
- Sub Output: Gold plated RCA stereo outputs, to sub amplifier.
- S/N ratio: 107dB digital input; 100 dB analog input
- Separation: 100dB digital input, 97dB analog input
- Harmonic distortion: 0.003% digital input, 0.003% analog input
- Digital input: 44.1 kHz sampling frequency, 16-bit digital audio data
- A/D conversion: 20-bit, 64 times oversampling
- D/A conversion: 20-bit, 8 times oversampling
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.