DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo
Aerial drone with gimbal-mounted 4K camera, remote control, shoulder bag, charger and three batteries
Item # 964PLATFMC | MFR # CP.PT.00000069.01
Price break: -$100.00
$1,299.00 Earn up to 1,299 Rewards points
Our take on the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum folds up into a compact, easy-to-carry size.
Mavic Pro Platinum with all the trimmings
The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum operates more efficiently than the original Mavic Pro, bumping flight times up to a maximum of 30 minutes, and reducing propeller noise by 60%. And it still shoots crystal-clear 4K video, flies at speeds up to 40 miles per hour, and features a folding design that makes it easier to transport. The Fly More package includes a shoulder bag, battery charging hub, and three rechargeable batteries to keep you in the air longer.
Pretty as a picture
The Mavic Pro shoots beautiful 4K video at multiple frame rates, and also snaps beautiful 12-megapixel still photos. Its razor-sharp lens offers a 78° field of view, and DJI's 3-axis gimbal technology ensures stable, shake-free footage.
Its sleek, aerodynamic body is both lightweight and very durable. Sophisticated sensors and GPS tracking provide accurate flying, even in windy conditions. Foldable propellers make traveling with it a breeze, too. They've been tested to at least 5,000 folds for long-term enjoyment.
Smart, fun control options
DJI built in a number of intuitive control options to make this drone easier to use. Use ActiveTrack to keep the camera focused on yourself or a friend while you have fun. Wave at the 'copter while it's hovering over you, and it will automatically snap an aerial selfie. And the free DJIGO app for iOS® and Android™ makes it easy as can be to share footage with friends and family.
The included controller — with impressive 4.3 mile range — features responsive control sticks that make piloting smooth and intuitive. Built-in dials control gimbal movement and camera settings, and dedicated buttons provide easy video recording and photo capture. A return-to-home button automatically pilots the Mavic Pro Platinum back to you and sets it down gently.
You can also use your smartphone to control your drone via Wi-Fi®. You'll enjoy a live-view look in HD when you dock your phone to use as a display.
- quadcopter with 4K Ultra HD camera, controller, three rechargeable intelligent flight batteries, and charging hub
- foldable, lightweight design makes it easy to carry to your launch destination
- flight time: up to 30 minutes
- maximum speed: 40 mph
- 60% quieter than previous Mavic Pro models
- features a variety of new flight modes including Terrain Follow, Tripod, and Gesture
- ActiveTrack modes follow you anywhere (Trace, Profile, and Spotlight)
- OcuSync technology delivers clear video transmission over long distances
- SkyAutonomy technology detects and avoids potential obstacles up to 49 feet away
- wave at Mavic Pro Platinum while it's in the air pointing at you to snap a selfie
- GPS/GLONASS positioning allows super-accurate navigation
- dock your smartphone and use its touchscreen for navigation
- tap where you want to go on your smartphone's screen and the Mavic Pro will smoothly fly there in TapFly mode
- precise hovering ability indoors or in places without GPS
- automatically returns to its launch location if it ever loses contact with the controller or reaches critically low battery levels
- 24 high-performance computing cores
- 5 vision sensors help avoid obstacles
- share footage with the free, downloadable DJIGO app for iOS® and Android™ devices
- flight telemetry data is stored internally and can be downloaded via micro USB port
- weight: 1.62 lbs.
- 12-megapixel camera with 1/2.3" CMOS sensor
- ultra-precise 3-axis gimbal mount stabilizes camera in flight
- wide, 78° field of view
- takes up to 7 still photos per second in burst mode
- fast shutter speeds down to 1/8000 sec.
- ISO range: 100-3200 (video), 100-1600 (photo)
- records to optional microSD memory card (64 GB max., Speed Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required)
- built-in rechargeable battery
Included Accessories and Warranty:
- shoulder bag carrying case
- pocket-sized remote controller (2.4 GHz wireless band)
- two pairs of Gold Tip propellers
- three pairs of Platinum Tip propellers
- three micro USB cables (Apple Lightning®, micro USB, and USB-C connectors)
- one 16GB microSD card
- 3 rechargeable intelligent flight batteries
- battery charging hub with power cable
- battery to power bank adapter
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: The FAA requires users to register their drones. State and/or local laws may also restrict the use of this drone in certain areas.
What's in the Box:
- Aerial drone
- 3 Intelligent Flight Batteries (one installed)
- 16GB microSD card (installed)
- 10 Propellers (2 installed)
- AC power adapter (attached 21" DC cord)
- 19" AC power cord
- Battery charging hub
- Car charger
- Battery-to-power bank adapter
- 20" MicroUSB-to-USB cable
- 3.75" MicroUSB cable
- 3.875" MicroUSB-to-USB-C cable
- Cable slider
- Gimbal clamp (installed)
- Camera lens cover (installed)
- Shoulder bag
- Quick Start Guide
- "In The Box" booklet
- Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines
- Disclaimer & Safety Guidelines
- "DJI Care Refresh" card
DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
DJI Mavic Pro Platinum: The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum is a small yet powerful aerial drone. Its compact size hides a high degree of complexity that makes it one of DJI's most sophisticated flying cameras. 24 high-performance computing cores, an all-new transmission system with a 4.3 mile range, 4 vision sensors, and a 4K camera stabilized by a 3-axis mechanical gimbal are all at your command from the included controller.
Aerodynamic Design: The aerodynamic configuration of the Mavic Pro Platinum has been redesigned according to its flying attitude and angle when moving forward. DJI also optimized the aerodynamic efficiency of the propellers so that the Mavic Pro Platinum can fly for longer. Its aerodynamic design and polished surfaces reduce air resistance for excellent flight handling in up to 24mph winds.
Propulsion System w/ Folding Propellers: An improved propulsion system ensures the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum ascends and accelerates faster. Combined with a fast responding, highly robustness flight controller, it is able to expertly handle strong winds while flying. Mavic Pro Platinum has 2 pairs of 8.3" foldable propellers, each covering nearly half its length, compared to most foldable drones on the market whose propellers are only 1/4 their length. This is possible through elegant engineering that allows rear arms to fold below forearms, saving overall space while allowing room for larger props. Spare propellers included.
- Max Ascent Speed: 16.4ft/s in Sport mode
- Max Descent Speed: 9.8ft/s
- Max Speed: 40mph in Sport mode without wind
- Max Height: 1640 feet
Note: Once the rotors start spinning, the centrifugal force will automatically push the propellers into the correct position, so you don't need to worry about not having unfolded them perfectly.
OcuSync HD Transmission: The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum utilizes a brand new OcuSync HD transmission technology which offers a range of 4.3 miles and full HD 1080p/720p video streaming between the aerial drone, the controller, and your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. OcuSync is able to strike a perfect balance between latency and receptivity, reducing latency to 5ms for remote controller transmission commands, 10ms for video data and 130ms for videos. Before taking off, OcuSync will automatically scan the environment and choose the frequency band with the lowest interference, ensuring more stable video transmission. During a flight, it sends key flight parameters back for viewing in the DJI GO app and supports a maximum download speed of 40Mb/s for photos and videos.
FlightAutonomy Technology: FlightAutonomy gives the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum long range, high precision obstacle sensing, enabling it to scan its environment in 3D before taking off. FlightAutonomy ensures the Mavic precisely locates obstacles around it to brake and maneuver around them. FlightAutonomy is made up of 7 components including 5 cameras (forward and downward dual vision sensors and the main camera), dual-band satellite positioning (GPS and GLONASS), 2 ultrasonic rangefinders, redundant sensors, and a group of 24 powerful, specialized computing cores. As the Mavic flies, dual forward and downward vision sensors measure the distance between itself and obstacles by taking photos from all four cameras and using the information to create a 3D map that tells it exactly where obstacles are. The dual forward and downward vision sensors require visible light to function, and in bright light can see as far as 49' out in front.
Notes: This obstacle avoidance system is activated in every Intelligent Flight Mode including all ActiveTrack modes, TapFly and Terrain Follow. It is also available during automatic Return to Home, so that the Mavic can easily make its way back without bumping into anything in its path.
Precision Hover & Return Home Landing: Through the use of dual forward vision sensors, the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum is able to see obstacles in 3-dimensions up to 49' in front, increasing positioning accuracy to 2-3x that of an Optical Flow system. It also allows the speed of the aircraft to be calculated, enabling precise hovering at up to 33' without satellite positioning. Dual forward vision sensors allow it to calculate its current location and speed of flight by observing the scene in front, further increasing positioning accuracy. Thanks to this precise hovering technology, the Mavic Pro Platinum is able to automatically land almost exactly where you took off. Every time you take off, the two downward facing vision sensors record a burst of video of the ground below and pair it with satellite coordinates. When you tell the Mavic Pro Platinum to fly home, it will return to that coordinate, match the video, and land back at your feet.
Redundant IMU & Compass Sensors: The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum employs dual IMUs and dual compasses. The IMU acquires the angle, speed, and acceleration of the Mavic Pro Platinum, so if it functions abnormally, it could negatively affect flight. The compass is used to know where the drone is heading, ensuring it flies in the right direction, and allowing it to return to home automatically. Without the compass, the Mavic Pro Platinum would lose its ability to navigate. This is why DJI has made these sensors in the Mavic Pro Platinum redundant with two sets of sensors working simultaneously. Whenever the system detects an inconsistency in one, it switches to the other, keeping your flight steady and reliable.
ActiveTrack: The Mavic Pro Platinum with ActiveTrack technology is engineered to detect and recognize a number of common subjects including people, bike riders, vehicles and even animals. Once you have marked your subject, you can create a huge variety of shots depending on the mode you are in. Choose from Trace, Profile or Spotlight, to give every scene you shoot a professional touch. When the Mavic Pro Platinum is tracking, you can even select exactly where you want them in the frame, for more control over your final shot.
- Trace: Follows behind or in front of your subject, or circle it as it moves at a constant distance
- Profile: Flies alongside your subject at a constant angle and distance.
- Spotlight: Keeps the camera pointed on your subject while you fly almost anywhere.
Intelligent Flight Modes: The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum offers a variety of intelligent flight modes that are convenient and fun for both beginner and advanced pilots.
- TapFly Mode: Thanks to its intelligent vision technology, the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum is extremely smart. In TapFly mode, you can simply tap a point on the touchscreen of your smartphone and the Mavic Pro Platinum will fly towards that point directly. If you tap another point, it will smoothly turn to the new destination. In TapFly mode, Mavic Pro Platinum's onboard obstacle sensing systems are constantly scanning in front of it, keeping it away from any obstructions, freeing you up to admire the view.
- Terrain Follow: When you are flying over changing terrain, like following bikers riding uphill, the Mavic Pro Platinum's Terrain Follow function uses height information gathered by the onboard ultrasonic system, and its downward facing cameras to keep you flying at the same height above the ground even as the ground moves. Just set the height from the ground (9' to 33') you want and focus on getting the right shot.
- Gesture Mode for Selfies: In Gesture Mode, the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum's Vision System can recognize your gestures. Raise your arms or wave to it and the Mavic Pro Platinum will follow you or take selfies for you. You can put away your smartphone and controller, all you need is a gesture.
- Tripod Mode: Tripod Mode limits the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum's maximum speed to just 2.2mph, and the control stick sensitivity of the remote controller is slowed to give you the precision you need for accurate framing. It is also great for flying indoors in small spaces where the Mavic Pro's normal speed may make it more challenging to fly.
Sport Mode: Sport Mode was designed for fun, giving the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum a top speed of 40mph, all the while ramping up agility and responsiveness, to give you a taste of drone racing. You can also use it to film something fast, or zip out to catch a shot before the moment passes. Even in Sport Mode, the Mavic Pro Platinum will stop almost instantly if you let go of the controls, so no matter how fast you go, you can stop at any time.
Note: The Forward Vision System is disabled in Sport mode, which means the aerial drone will not be able to automatically avoid obstacles on its route.
Quiet Flying: With the new FOC technology and dedicated 8331 noise reduction propellers, the decibel level of the Mavic Pro Platinum decreased. In outdoor testing, DJI found that the Mavic Pro Platinum could fly relatively quietly as its noise power was reduced by 4B when compared to the Mavic Pro (60% lower).
Flight Recorder: Flight data is automatically recorded to the internal storage of the aircraft. This includes flight telemetry, aircraft status information, and other parameters. To access this data, connect the aircraft to your computer through it microUSB port and the included microUSB-to-USB cable.
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.
Shoulder Bag: The included shoulder bag has been designed specifically for DJI's Mavic Pro Platinum aerial drone and its accessories. The shoulder bag can hold one Mavic Pro Platinum drone, one remote controller, four batteries, one smartphone, and other smaller accessories such as cables.
4K Camera: The included 4K camera uses core technologies found in all DJI cameras. It is equipped with a 1/2.3" CMOS image sensor (12.71 total pixels / 12.35M effective pixels), commonly found in professional sports cameras, and an aerial imaging optimized integrated lens with an equivalent focal length of 28mm, FOV (field of view) of 78.8°, and focus range of is 1.64' to infinite. There is a 2x digital zoom, but no optical zoom. The camera has an ISO Range of 100-3200 (for video) and 100-1600 for photo).
3-Axis Gimbal: To provide true 4K aerial video and a smooth live feed, the Mavic Pro Platinum is equipped with the smallest high-precision 3-axis gimbal that DJI has ever made. With brushless motors on all three axes (pitch/roll/yaw), the gimbal can control the camera with precision, adjusting it to eliminate shake caused by movement from the Mavic Pro Platinum.
- Tilt & Roll Adjustments: It has an adjustable pitch from -90° to +30° for a total tilt of 120°. It also has an adjustable roll of 0° (horizontal) or 90° (vertical) for portrait or landscape shooting modes.
- Follow or FPV Mode: Two gimbal operations modes are available. In the Follow mode, the angle between the gimbal's orientation and aircraft's nose remains constant at all times. In FPV mode, the gimbal will synchronize with the movement of the drone to provide a first-person perspective flying experience.
Up to 4K Video: The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum's 3-axis gimbal 4K camera can shoot smooth video up to 4K (60Mbps max video bitrate). Video recording modes include - C4K (4096 x 2160 @ 24fps) 4K (3840 x 2160 @ 24/25/30fps), 2.7K (2704 x 1520 @ 24/25/30fps), FHD (1920 x 1080@ 24/25/30/48/50/60/96fps) & HD (1280 x 720 @ 24/25/30/48/50/60/120fps). Video is recorded in either MP4 or MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264).
12MP Photos: The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum's 3-axis gimbal 4K camera will also capture 12 megapixel (4000 x 3000) still images in JPEG or DNG RAW format. The camera's shutter speed can be set to 8s to 1/8000s. You can even flip the camera 90° for portrait oriented shots, just like you do with your smartphone. Still photography modes include Single Shot, Burst Shooting (3/5/7 frames), Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), Interval, & HDR.
microSD Memory Card: Captured video and still image photos are recorded onto a microSD or microSDHC memory card (up to 64GB). A Class 10 or UHS-1 rated microSD/SDHC memory card is required.
microUSB Port: The Mavic Pro Platinum features a microUSB port and comes with a microUSB-to-USB cable to connect to your computer for transfer and download of your aerial videos and photos to your computer.
Edit & Share: Automatic video editing templates, simple video editing functions, and easy photo and video management, bring together everything you need to make epic videos right on your smartphone. After you've selected your photo or video, edited and created your masterpiece, you are able to share it straight to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and more; as well as SkyPixel (DJI's own community dedicated to aerial imaging). If you start shooting a video that just cannot wait to be shared, go ahead and stream it live to Facebook or YouTube so no one misses out.
RC & WiFi Modes: By sliding the Control Mode switch on the right hand side of the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum you can choose easily between RC and WiFi mode depending on which transmission type you need. In RC mode, you will use the included remote control with OcuSync to operate the Mavic Pro Platinum. In WiFi mode, you will use your Apple iOS or Android mobile device with the DJI Go 4 App installed to control the Mavic Pro Platinum over WiFi.
- RC Mode: In RC mode, the Mavic Pro Platinum utilizes OcuSync transmission technology and is controlled by the included remote controller for an increased range of up to 4.3 miles in open areas without interference, FCC compliant.
- WiFi Mode: When using a smartphone connected via Wi-Fi, the controllable range is 262', with a maximum altitude of 164', making it suitable for short-range shots like selfies and for setting up ActiveTrack. You can also download photos and videos directly from the Mavic Pro Platinum to your mobile device via Wi-Fi.
Note: The aerial drone will also automatically return to home if the remote control signal or your smartphone's WiFi signal is not detected for a specified amount of time (3 seconds when using the remote controller and 20 seconds when using WiFi).
Remote Controller: The included remote controller is a multi-function wireless communication device that integrates the video downlink system and aircraft remote control system. The video downlink and aircraft remote control system operates at 2.4GHz using OcuSync transmission technology for a wireless range up to 4.1 miles. In addition to flight controls, the remote controller features a number of camera control functions. The remote is equipped with joystick and push-button control, as well as a LCD screen.
- Joystick Control: The slightest movement of your fingers on the controller's joysticks is translated almost immediately into movement in the air, so you always feel in complete control.
- LCD Screen: The LCD screen displays various system statuses including flight telemetry and battery level in real-time.
- Customizable Buttons: The push-buttons of the controller are customizable.
Note: The remote controller and aircraft are already linked out of the box. To prevent interference, do not operate more than three aircrafts in the same area.
- Flight Controls: Control the flight pattern of the Mavic Pro Platinum from your mobile device and the DJI Go 4 app, while viewing a live video feed and flight telemetry data. Virtual joysticks on your compatible mobile device's touchscreen let you control the direction of the aircraft.
- Flight Simulator: The DJI Go 4 app even includes a flight simulator that gives you the lifelike experience of flying the Mavic Pro Platinum in a safe, controlled virtual environment.
- Camera Functions: The DJI Go 4 app gives you complete control of your camera and a live HD video feed right on your mobile device's touchscreen. You'll be able to adjust camera settings and use this real-time view to line up the perfect shot. You can snap photos and record vides with just a tap on your Apple iOS or Android device's touchscreen.
- Video Editor: An intelligent video editor is built into the DJI Go 4 app. After recording several video clips and downloading them to your mobile device, you can select a template from the DJI Go 4 app and specify which clips you want to combine and create a short film that can be shared immediately.
- SkyPixel: Take part in the world's largest aerial imaging community at SkyPixel. Learn tips and tricks from power users, find people to fly with and give your productions a global audience.
- Me: If you have a DJI account, you will be able to participate in forum discussions, and share your creating with the community
Mobile Cradle: The included remote controller features a mobile device cradle which allows you to use the RF remote controller and the DJI Go 4 app on your smartphone in conjunction with one another. Use the RF remote for longer range control of the Mavic Pro Platinum and use the DJI Go 4 app on your mobile device as a live view screen. This type of configuration also requires your smartphone be connected to the remote controller via USB (cables sold separately).
Note: The remote controller can fit smartphones between 0.25-0.33" thick and up to 6.3" long, without a phone case. Smartphones and tablets larger than this do not fit the remote controller's device holder.
Optional DJI Goggles: Optional DJI Goggles (sold separately) make flying totally immersive, putting two lifelike 1920 × 1080p LTPS displays with a wide 85° angle of view in front of your eyes for a true bird's eye look at the world around you. Built-in OcuSync delivers a 1080p video stream and because it connects directly to the Mavic Pro Platinum and not through a cable or a Wi-Fi link to the controller, a super low latency.
Rechargeable Lithium-Polymer Batteries: The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum is powered by a high-density, rechargeable lithium-polymer (LiPo) battery that has a capacity of 3830mAh and voltage of 11.4V (3 batteries included). This battery can provide a flight time of up to 30 minutes (at 15.5mphs with 0 wind) and a hover time of 25 minutes (with 0 wind). In calm weather and under ideal conditions, the Mavic Pro Platinum can fly up to 8 miles at 31mph on a single charge. The included remote controller is equipped with a rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with a capacity of 2970mAH. Operating temperature for both batteries is 41°F to 104°F. The batteries must be fully charged before using it for the first time.
Notes: The aerial drone will automatically return to home if the battery signal is getting too low. The drone may land automatically if the current battery level can only support the aircraft long enough to descend from its current altitude.
Intelligent Flight Battery: The DJI Intelligent Flight Battery in the Mavic Pro Platinum adopts the latest technologies to ensure that the flight control system is able to obtain accurate battery level. This allows it to calculate remaining flight times more accurately. It also gives pilots a full understanding of the overall battery status, including real-time battery cell status, circle number, temperature and more, and all in the DJI GO app on your smartphone.
BMS (Battery Management System): As well as monitoring the battery status during flight, the BMS (Battery Management System) also has overcharge and over discharge protection, reducing the likelihood of battery damage. When not in use for extended periods of time, DJI Intelligent Flight Battery automatically discharges to 50% charge, keeping it at an optimum charge level for extended battery life. When flying in cold temperatures, the BMS will activate low-temperature protection and will control power output according to the temperature. This ensures the battery can provide adequate propulsion without damage from the cold.
Battery Chargers: The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum comes with an AC power adapter, charging hub, and car charger to charge its Intelligent Flight Batteries at home or in the vehicle.
- AC Power Adapter: An AC power adapter is included to charge the Mavic Pro's lithium-polymer (LiPo) battery. The AC power adapter is also outfitted with two USB (type-A) ports to charged the included remote control and your smartphone. Charging times are not specified. However, it will take longer to fully charge the battery when multiple devices are connected.
- Charging Hub: The Mavic Battery Charging Hub is designed for use with the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum's Intelligent Flight Battery & AC power adapter. It can charge up to four Intelligent Flight Batteries. The Intelligent Flight Batteries will be charged in sequence according to their power levels, from high to low.
- Car Charger: The Mavic Car Charger is used to charge the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum's Intelligent Flight Battery through a car's cigarette lighter port. It comes with low-voltage protection to ensure enough starting battery voltage for the car. Overheating protection will automatically cut off charging if your cigarette lighter port exceeds a certain temperature.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
This is a good price for this combo and Crutchfield is a Great Company that backs All of their products 100%. They offer great assistance and will help you whenever you need it for the Lifetime of the product. You Can't Go Wrong With Crutchfield !!! I've had nothing but a Great Expierence when dealing with Crutchfield. This is how every business should be run. Hats Off to the Crutchfield Team and Much Thanks for All You Do for Your Customers. Keep Up the Great Work. [ Charles Dietric Jul 25, 2018 ]
BUY EXCELLENT SITE, I EXPECT I SEND FASTER POSSIBLE OK [ APARECIDA Jun 11, 2018 ]
It's one of the best drones in the market [ JUAN Mar 07, 2018 ]
Of the consumer drones available today, the Mavic Pro Platinum has the optimal combination of range, reliability, camera specs, flight time, and noise reduction. [ Ross Feb 06, 2018 ]