Philips Hue 2.0 A19 White Light Bulb
Single add-on smart bulb for your Hue lighting system
Item # 945WHBLB | MFR # 455295
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Philips Hue 2.0 A19 White Light Bulb by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Enjoy smart lighting throughout your home
Create a cozy, natural lighting environment with Philips Hue smart light bulbs.
The Philips Hue A19 white light bulb is a fun, affordable way to enjoy smart lighting in your house. It replaces a standard incandescent or CFL bulb and gives you the ability to control it from your phone or tablet. You can have up to 50 bulbs in your Hue smart lighting system. Mix and match the white bulbs along with other Philips Hue smart lighting products to customize your personal lighting system.
Easy add-on to your existing Philips Hue system
- uses your existing light fixtures — simply replace the bulbs
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- controlled from the Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- compatible with:
- high-quality dimmable white light
- standard A19 bulb size fits most common light fixtures
- 800 lumen output
- rated at 9.5 watts
- approximately 25,000 hours of use for each bulb
- compatible with IFTTT (IF This Then That) custom recipes
- requires Philips Hue wireless bridge (not included)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Philips Hue White LED extension bulb A19
These bulbs worked as advertised, just installed and they were recognized by the Phillips Hub and my Echo Dot. Simple and easy,
Scott, Seattle, WA
Philips Hue 2.0 A19 White Light Bulb Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Philips Hue white extension bulb A19 is an add-on bulb for an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System. It has no local (product) control, but is designed to be controlled remotely and wirelessly through the system. A Philips Hue Starter Kit (sold separately) will allow you to turn on/off and dim/brighten the bulb with an Apple or Android smart device.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices. It is designed for indoor use only.
Bulb Specifications: This bulb has a standard A19 form factor, and is 2.4" at its widest point and 4.25" tall. It fits into a standard light socket (Edison screw base), and fully illuminates instantly when energized. The bulb is rated at 9.5 watts (0.5W standby power), with a light output of 800 lumens and a color temperature of 2700K (warm white). It has an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours, and is covered by a 2-year warranty.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet within an existing wireless network. Through the Hue app, and other Hue-compatible products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I wanted to try the Apple HomeKit accessories for the first time with these Compatible lights. [ Derrius Mar 11, 2018 ]
overhead kitchen task lighting, part of Philips Hue lighting I'm setting up at home [ ELLIOTT Sep 19, 2017 ]
After seeing the reviews and talking to friends using HUE, I am excited to automate my lighting simply via the HUE hub. [ K Apr 23, 2017 ]
Works with hue and alexa [ Kenneth Feb 28, 2017 ]
Amazing product. I have three rooms where light switches are not convenient. This solves the problem. [ Lucien Jul 07, 2016 ]
Home networking. Philips is a reputable name in lighting. [ steven Dec 20, 2015 ]