Focal 300 ICW 4
Our take on the Focal 300 ICW 4 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Flax is where it's at
Focal's popular line of flax speakers has been well-received by our customers. Now Focal has woven this successful design into a compact in-ceiling speaker. The 300 ICW 4 is an excellent choice for an in-ceiling music system. Or use a pair for the Dolby Atmos® channels of your Focal Dôme Flax home theater system.
Focal's flax cone: stiff as a board, light as a feather
The 300 ICW 4's mid-bass woofer is made from an exclusive flax cone material. A layer of hollow, ultra-lightweight flax fibers is sandwiched between two thin layers of glass. These extraordinarily light-yet-rigid woofers deliver rich, uncolored midrange and tight, natural bass.
This speaker's other driver is also unusual: a 1" inverted dome tweeter crafted from magnesium and aluminum. Its fast, accurate response allows detailed, dynamic highs that extend all the way up to 28,000 Hz.
Focal uses flax fibers to create a very rigid, lightweight cone for the 300 ICW 4 in-ceiling speaker.
Adaptable to your décor
The 300 ICW includes two grilles — one square and one round — that you can paint to match your room's décor. Plus, they're magnetic, so attaching them is a breeze.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead surround effects in a home theater system
- 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- 4" woven flax fiber mid-bass driver with rubber surround
- frequency response: 80-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25-100 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- includes square and round paintable magnetic grilles
- speaker cutout diameter: 6-7/16"
- overall diameter: 7-11/16"
- mounting depth: 3-13/16"
- weight: 2.6 lbs.
- designed and constructed in France
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-wall/in-ceiling speaker
- Mounting frame
- Round grille
- Square grille
- Protective paint screen
- Cutout Template
Exactly what is needed to bring ATMOS to the Focal Dome Flax 5.1. Outstanding speakers
Kyle, Houston, TX
Focal 300 ICW 4 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Flax fiber|
|Power Range (Watts)||25-100|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
In-Wall/In-Ceiling Speaker: The Focal 300 ICW4 is an in-wall/in-ceiling loudspeaker that blends in perfectly with most rooms. It is ideal for listening to music in a 2ch stereo application or for enjoying surround sound in a 5.1, 7.1, 5.1.2, or 7.1.2ch setup.
Two-Way Driver Design: This 2-way in-wall/in-ceiling loudspeaker is composed of 1" aluminum/magnesium alloy inverted dome tweeter and a 4" Flax cone woofer that produce sound with remarkable neutrality and definition. Thanks to the natural and well-defined mid-range of this in-wall/in-ceiling loudspeaker really enhances the voice of singers and film dialog.
- Inverted Dome Tweeter: The 1" aluminum/magnesium tweeter developed for the 300 ICW4 uses Focal's exclusive inverted dome technology, allowing for optimal energy transfer and limited directivity. The dome's aluminum/magnesium alloy guarantees outstanding stiffness and damping to provide a soft and dynamic treble.
- Flax Cone: Focal's exclusive Flax technology is based on a flax-based eco-textile. The Flax cone is composed of a flax structure sandwiched between two sheets of glass fibers, giving it impressive rigidity considering its lightness. Flax is also well damped for providing greater neutrality of the timbre and better definition.
OPC (Optimum Phase Crossover): The Focal 300 ICW4 in-wall/in-ceiling loudspeaker utilizes an Optimum Phase Crossover (OPC) for a more accurate, a more stable, and a more natural sound image between the tweeter and woofer.
Spring-Post Terminals: The Focal 300 ICW4 is equipped with spring-post speaker terminals that will accept 16 or 14 gauge speaker wire.
Magnetic Grille: The Focal 300 ICW4 comes with magnetic grilles that quickly and easily attach to the speaker. A square and round grille are included to ensure the speaker blends in perfectly with your decor. The grilles are also frameless, making the speaker even more discreet and elegant. If you wish to do so, you can paint the grilles of the 300 ICW4 so it blends in with your room's interior even more.
Mounting Frame: The 300 ICW4 comes with a mounting frame that will need to be fixed to a wall or ceiling using the integrated mounting brackets which an be manipulated single-handedly. Once the frame has been secured to the wall or ceiling, the loudspeaker can be quickly assembled to the mounting frame thanks to a quarter-turn locking mechanism.
Moisture Resistant: The Focal 300 ICW4 in-wall/in-ceiling loudspeaker is resistant to humidity, so it can be confidently installed in bathrooms or kitchens.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.