Echobox Nomad N1
Titanium in-ear monitor headphones with Apple® remote and microphone
Our take on the Echobox Nomad N1 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Rugged design, refined sound
How tough are the titanium housings of the Echobox Nomad N1 earbuds? When the company visited Crutchfield HQ, they showed us videos of them running over the headphones with different vehicles — and they survived every time. Echobox is a boutique personal audio outfit from Colorado who's mission statement is to put the focus back on sound quality. COO Sam McKinney told us, "the Nomads were built to deliver studio-grade sound in a design that could survive everyday, on-the-go use."
Sam is involved in the design and engineering, and we could tell he meant what he said. It wasn't just that you could sense his sincerity — the proof was in the pudding. The Nomad N1s have a clear, accurate sound across a wide frequency range. And of course the grueling tests verify their durability.
Tune in your signature sound
Echobox also has a creative way to tailor the sound to your preference. There are three sets of filters that tune the sound toward a neutral profile, or boost bass and treble. Just unscrew the driver mechanism and add your filter. They are color-coded so you know which sound profile you are getting.
- in-ear headphones designed for professional monitoring and music listening
- strong, lightweight titanium housings minimize vibrations
- over-the-ear cord routing system keeps headphones secured to ear
- 9.2mm dynamic drivers
- German-made PEEK (Polyether Ether Ketone) material
- tuned for accurate, detailed sound over a wide frequency range
- Acoustic Filter Tuning lets you customize the sound to meet your tastes
- three interchangeable acoustic filters for fine-tuning the sound signature
- emphasize bass, treble, or balance
General info, Accessories, and Specs:
- detachable 47" silver-plated copper cable terminated with a 3.5mm miniplug
- MMCX connectors at headphones (compatible with Shure RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth® adapter cable)
- in-line three-button remote lets you control music and volume on Apple devices
- built-in microphone lets you take calls with an iPhone
- includes 9 pairs of ear tips:
- 1 pair medium-sized Comply® T-400 Isolation Series foam tips
- 4 sizes of silicone ear tips
- 2 sizes of triple-flange silicone tips
- 2 sizes of double-flange silicone tips
- clam shell carrying case included
- frequency response: 5-60,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- impedance: 22 ohms
- weight: 0.5 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 In-ear monitors
- 51" Cable with in-line remote/mic for Apple (straight 3.5mm plug)
- 1 Pair of T-400 Medium Comply memory foam ear tips
- 6 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of Acoustic Tuning Filters (1 pair installed)
- Zippered storage case
- Product Manual
- Warranty Card
- Custom ear tip promo
- Love It-Share It card
Features and Specs
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||5-60k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Echobox Nomad N1 is an in-ear monitor and gaming earphone designed for excellent sound quality, comfort, and durability. The Nomad comes with a total of six pairs of silicone ear tips, one pair of Comply foam ear tips, three pairs of acoustic tuning filters, and a zippered storage case. Also included is a high-quality detachable cable with a microphone and remote that is compatible with Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch).
Premium Materials: The Nomad N1 has titanium housings that are lightweight and durable, as well as naturally hypoallergenic and sweat-resistant. The included 51" silver-plated copper cable delivers crystal-clear, detailed sound with high efficiency. The cable features a silver-braided shielding to block interference, and increase durability. The cable's coating helps to prevent it from tangles. The MMCX connector on the ear bud and cable allows you to replace the cable should it become damaged. The cable is designed to wrap behind and over the ear to help keep the ear buds in place.
In-line Mic/Remote: The Nomad N1i has an in-line microphone and remote control that is "Made for iPod iPhone iPad." That means the controls will fully operate with specific Apple products. The controls will operate the volume up and down, play and pause music, answer and hang up phone calls, reject phone calls, and activate Siri voice controls.
Driver Diaphragms: The 9.2mm dynamic drivers in the headphones are made of PEEK (Polyether Ether Keytone), a material developed in Germany, and known for its excellent sound quality.
Acoustic Filter Tuning (AFT): You can customize the sound of The Nomad in-ear headphones by selecting the filter that suits your tastes. Three interchangeable filters are included with the headphones. The White filters come installed on the ear buds and offer a warm sound with emphasis on the bass. The Red filters give the headphones a brighter sound with less bass. The Black filter creates a more balanced sound. The filters simply unscrew from the ear bud housing for easy removal.
- Frequency Range: 5Hz - 60kHz
- Sensitivity (SPL): 96dB/mW
- Impedance: 22Ω
- THD: < 1%
- Earbud Dimensions: Width 0.854", Height 0.584, Depth 0.833"
- Weight: 0.9 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
The price and the few reviews I have read spoke highly of these earbuds so I decided to give them a try. [ ThomasZ Nov 02, 2018 ]