Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Quadcopter
Aerial drone with Skycontroller 2 and CockpitGlasses
Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Quadcopter - Download the FreeFlight app and dock your smartphone with the Skycontroller 2 and you're in business
Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Quadcopter - Slide your smartphone into the included CockpitGlasses for an immersive flying experience
Item # 333BEB2BUN | MFR # PF726203
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Quadcopter by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The included CockpitGlasses offer an immersive flying experience.
The Bebop 2 flight experience gets even better
When the Parrot Bebop 2 first appeared, we lauded the quadcopter, saying "It makes flying adventures absolutely spectacular." Now Parrot has improved upon that earlier triumph, adding the compact, intuitive Skycontroller 2 and immersive CockpitGlasses VR goggles. Now you can enjoy every moment of your flight in living color. This bundle of goodies will take your flying experience to the next level.
Get a grip with the Skycontroller 2
The first edition of the Skycontroller was an impressive bit of machinery. The updated Skycontroller 2 takes that precise control technology and makes it more compact and easier to hold. Weighing in at just over 17 ounces, with a battery that lasts up to 4 hours, the Skycontroller 2 makes it easier than ever to enjoy a full day of flying. Just download the free Freeflight app, dock your smartphone with the Skycontroller 2, and you're ready to fly high and shoot incredible video that you can share with friends later.
Immerse yourself in flight with CockpitGlasses
Perhaps the most exciting addition is the CockpitGlasses goggles, which turn your smartphone into an immersive viewer. Slide your phone into the form-fitting drawer in the goggles, take to the air, and you'll get a drone's-eye view of the world. The strong, secure Wi-Fi® connection formed by the Skycontroller 2 sends HD video directly to your screen, so you can watch live during each flight, or play back recorded video any time you want to relive your last adventure.
- remote-controlled flying drone with built-in, front-mounted 1080p HD video camera
- uses FreeFlight piloting application for Apple®, Android™, and Windows® mobile devices
- Follow Me mode lets your drone follow you wherever you go (available for purchase in the FreeFlight Pro app)
- easy to disassemble for storage and transportation
- 25 minutes of flight time with 2700 mAh battery
- battery and battery charger included
- capable of flying 29 mph+
- 6" flexible propellers which lock in the event of contact
- four powerful brushless motors
- automatic return to the takeoff point
- 12-7/8"W x 3-1/2"H x 15"D
- weight: 1.1 lbs.
- 14-megapixel CMOS image sensor
- live video streaming on your smartphone or tablet
- 180° fisheye lens (6 optical elements)
- video resolution: 1920 x 1080p (30fps)
- photo resolution: 4096 x 3072 pixels
- 8GB internal flash memory
- 3-axis digital video stabilization
- wearable goggles turn your smartphone into an immersive viewer so you feel like you're in the cockpit
- 90° viewing angle
- adjustable dock is compatible with smartphones with screen sizes from 4-3/4" to 5-3/4"
- weight: 13.75 oz.
- dock and connect your smartphone or tablet for live view and video streaming
- optimized Wi-Fi connection reduces transmission lag for more precise control
- two ultra-precise joysticks
- left stick pilots the drone, right stick controls the camera angle
- 7-7/8"W x 7-1/8"H x 4-5/16"D
- weight: 17.6 oz.
Included Accessories and Warranty:
- adjustable mount for smartphone or tablet
- 2700 mAh rechargeable drone battery
- USB charger and cable
- quick start guide
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Drone quadcopter (pre-installed lens-cap)
- Skycontroller 2
- Rechargeable battery (2700maH)
- Battery charger
- AC power plug inserts (US/EU/UK/AU)
- 17" Battery harness
- 59" DC cord
- 58" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Mobile device cradle
- 8 Propellers
- Propeller assembly tool
- Drone Quick Start Guide
- FPV Pack Quick Start Guide
- First Start/Safety Instructions
Great product great price and fast shipping.thanks crutchfield for great service looking forward to more purchases..
Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Quadcopter Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Quality Construction: The Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone features glass fiber reinforced (15%) ABS and foam construction. Its feather-weight ABS reinforced structure (17.6oz/500g) makes Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone robust and safe. It uses four brushless out-runner motors for the propellers. The four 3-blade auto-block propellers are made of polycarbonate. The Bebop 2 FPV Drone is also fitted with anti-vibration bumpers on the feet for safe landings.
Advanced Processors: The Bebop 2 FPV Drone navigation computer features a Parrot P7 dual-core CPU, quad-core GPU and 8 GB of Flash Memory. All are fixed on a magnesium shelf that acts as a radiator and electromagnetic shielding.
MIMO Dual-Band WiFi Connectivity: The Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone features built-in dual-band WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and is fitted with dual dipolar antennas allowing it to handle both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz MIMO frequencies. With built-in WiFi and transmission power of 21dBm, it can generate its own WiFi 802.11 network up to 984' (300 meters). Depending on the network interference, you can select the frequency of your choice.
Flying: The Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone can ha a maximum horizontal speed of 18 m/s and max climb spped of 6 m/s. This speed may vary according to the tilt angle of the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone, the outside conditions and flight and flying configurations. You can fly the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone in wind speeds up to 24mph (40 km/h). You can fly the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone over dry, flat and lit surfaces. Parrot recommends not to fly the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone above water. You can fly the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone at altitudes no greater than 2500m. Beyond this altitude, the air density distorts the stabilization of the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone. A rear flashing LED provides better visibility of the drone at long distances, so you can tell its direction and location.
Note: The Bebop can be flown indoors or outdoors.
3-Axis Stabilizing System: Using algorithms developed by Parrot
engineers, the Bebop 2 FPV Drone relies on an exclusive 3-axis
image stabilizing system. Filming remains stable, however far the drone leans over, adjusting for any turbulence. To ensure optimum stability without compromising easy handling, the Bebop 2 FPV Drone merges data from many 3-axe sensors - an accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer. An ultrasound sensor with a range of 5m, a pressure sensor, and a vertical camera measure ground speed.
GNNS Chipset: The Bebop 2 FPV Drone integrates a GNSS chipset that associates the GPS + GLONASS data. Plan your flights on your smartphone/tablet via the FreeFlight Pro App by touching waypoints on your screen and let the drone do the rest. In addition to increasing the stability in high altitude, it also allows autonomous flights and automatics return to the take-off position. With the recorded data (altitude, speed...), you are even able to replay your flights modeled in 3D on the Parrot Academy map.
Emergency Mode: In case there is a problem such a risk of collision, the drone going out your sight, loss of control, the Emergency Button of the app allows you turn off the engines immediately to land the drone. In the event of any collision, the propellers stop automatically.
Return Home: Thanks to a GPS system, a Return Home function brings the Bebop 2 FPV Drone easily back to its take-off point. When "Return Home" is selected, the Bebop 2 FPV Drone returns directly to its starting position when the altitude is greater than 10 meters. If the altitude is less or equal to 32.8' (10 meters), it will rise and stabilize itself at 32.8' (10 meters) before returning to its take-off position in a straight line. Once it has reached its take-off position, it will stop and hover 6.5' (2 meters) above the ground.
14 MP Fisheye Camera w/ Digital Image Stabilization: The Bebop's camera is equipped with a bright "fisheye" lens with 6 optical elements, plus a 14 Mega-pixel 1/2.3" sensor. The neutral angle of the camera allows you to capture more ground and less sky. The Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone records videos and pictures in a 180° field with remarkable image quality. The full HD camera is digitally stabilized on 3-axes. This full-digital image stabilization technology allows the Bebop 2 FPV Drone to take remarkably stable and clear aerial footage regardless of the drone movements. You'll get undistorted images and a horizon that is not curved. The lens is splash and dust proof.
- Video Definition: record video up to 1920 x 1080p (30fps)
- Photo Definition: record still images up to 4096 x 3072p
- Video Encoding: video is recorded in H.264
- Photo File Format: still images can be recorded in JPEG, RAW, or DNG
Note: The camera is located at the front on the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone. The camera located under the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone is for stabilization only.
8GB Flash Memory: Video (H264) and still images (JPEG/RAW/DNG) are recorded to the drone's built-in 8GB flash memory. The internal memory for video recording is limited to 29 minutes. These video and still images can be transferred to your WiFi connected smartphone or tablet device, so you can delete them from the drone's flash memory. There is no media slot for an external memory card.
Computer Transfer: The Bebop 2 FPV Drone can be plugged into your Windows PC for transfer of video and photo images to your computer's hard drive; your computer will recognize the Bebop like a USB thumbdrive. Mac computers require the Android File Transfer connection software to be installed to detect the Bebop 2 FPV Drone like a USB flash drive
Rechargeable Battery: The Bebop 2 FPV Drone is powered by a rechargeable lithium-polymer (2700mAh) battery which can provide up to 25 minutes of flight time. Charger is included to recharge the battery. Charging time is approximately 55 minutes with the included charging base.
Easy-to-Transport: All parts of Bebop 2 FPV Drone are removable for easy disassembly, transport, and re-assembly.
Software Updates: You can install software and firmware updates to the Bebop 2 FPV Drone via the FreeFlight 3 application on your mobile device over WiFi or via USB on your computer from the Parrot Support Site.
FreeFlight Pro Smartphone Application: The Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone can be controlled from the free FreeFlight Pro piloting application for Apple iOS devices and Android smartphones/tablets. This user-friendly application has been developed to be very easy to use allowing the pilot to focus on the pleasure of flying. FreeFlight 3 is equipped with an intuitive tactile control interface, adapted for beginners that allows you to jump, fly and roll like a pro. Easily control the Parrot drone by leaning your smartphone/tablet in the direction you want your drone to fly.
- For Apple iOS: Download the free FreeFlight Pro piloting application from the Apple App Store for Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch running iOS 8.0 or above.
- For Android: Download the free FreeFlight Pro piloting application from the Google Play Store for Android smartphones and tablets running OS 4.0 or above.
Note: Click here for Apple iOS and Android device compatibility.
Simple Pairing: The FreeFlight Pro App automatically detects the Parrot drone you are piloting. Simply switch on the drone and activate the WiFi of your tablet/smartphone. Then the network menu, select "Bebop" and launch the FreeFlight 3 application.
Note: If the connection between your smartphone and the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone is lost, the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone returns to its starting point automatically after one minute of disconnection.
Piloting Modes: The Bebop 2 FPV Drone has three Piloting Modes (Ace, Normal, and Joypad) to choose from on the FreeFlight 3 application. Using either of these Piloting Modes, you can make the drone go up/down, forward/backward, turn left/right, flip, and hover.
- Normal: The Normal mode is designed for beginners and is the easiest to use (its set to Normal by default). Lets you move the Bebop 2 FPV Drone with the accelerometer and turn with the on-screen joystick.
- Ace: The most advanced mode allows you to control the Bebop 2 FPV Drone with just one finger from the touchscreen application on your phone.
- Joypad: The Joypad mode allows you to disable the use of the accelerometer. This mode also allows you to take snapshots and record videos of the Bebop 2 FPV Drone in action with your device's camera.
Flight Settings: You can also complete user settings for altitude, incline, and speeds.
- Maximum Altitude: The maximum altitude option allows you to se a limit on how high the Bebop can go. If the drone is about to go beyond this limit, it will automatically adjust and remain at the selected height.
- Maximum Inclination: This setting allows you to define the maximum angle of inclination the Bebop 2 FPV Drone can takes as it moves in the air. This setting directly influences the drone's speed. The great the angle of inclination, the faster the Bebop 2 FPV Drone will fly.
- Rotation & Vertical Speeds: Your are able to modify the Bebop's rotation speed. You can also adjust the drones climbing or descending speed.
Acrobatic Flying: The Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone can perform acrobatics while flying, whether it is stationary or moving. You can make the drone back flip, front flip, flip left, or flip right.
Recording Video & Photos: From the application on your smartphone device, you can control the Bebop to take video and still images. You can control the angle of the camera directly from the app on your mobile device with a simple movement of the thumb. The shifting on the 180° angle is fully digital and independent from the drone movements. The Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone's photo and video stream is synchronized in real time to your Apple iOS device or Android smartphone/tablet, so you can view them on your mobile device.
- Video Mode: By default, the Bebop 2 FPV Drone is in video mode. In this
mode, the drone starts to record video as soon as it
starts to fly, and it records in 1080p at 30 images a second. You can also choose to start recording manually, as well as take still images while video mode.
- Photo Mode: The Bebop's camera allows you to take high resolution photos. You can also take a still shots that were captured during filming. The images captured in high resolution are in Fish-eye format, giving you the total wide angel view provided by the Bebop's camera/
- Time-Lapse: There is even a Time-lapse mode to take a series of photos at regular intervals (10 or 8 seconds).
Camera Settings: There are several video and photo record settings - Exposure, Saturation, and White Balance (Auto/Daylight/Cloudy/Florescent/Tungsten)
Map Mode: You can display a map instead of the camera video feedback to see the position of your Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone.
Parrot Cloud + Drone Academy: Connect to Parrot Cloud to share your stats with other pilots. Keep track of all your sessions and share your photos, videos and navigation data with other members of the Parrot Cloud. Connect to share instantly to YouTube and Facebook. Join Pilot Academy with over 200,000 pilots registered. Free backup of your sessions and acrobatics data.
Parrot Skycontroller 2: Equipped with an amplified WiFi 36 dBm radio and with four antennas, the Parrot Skycontroller 2 extends the WiFi reach of the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone. Simply dock and connect your compatible smartphone or tablet, and sync with your Bebop 2 FPV Drone over WiFi via the FreeFlight 3 application downloaded to your mobile device. Or, you can even use Skycontroller 2 as a standalone remote control.
Note: The Parrot Skycontroller 2 automatically connects to the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone that is packaged with it.
Extended WiFi: The Parrot Skycontroller 2 benefits from a dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11n) connection. Optimized for a perfect connection and latency reduction, Skycontroller 2 is safer and adapted for long distance flights. You enjoy a robust WiFi link specially designed for Bebop, hence long distance as well as a short distance WiFi connection that maximizes interoperability with your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. Bebop 2 FPV Drone's range is extended to 1.4 miles (2km) as a result (open-field conditions).
- The 2.4GHz WiFi band enables you to fly the Parrot drone from a greater distance. It is generally more congested than the 5GHz WiFi band in urban areas.
- The 5GHz WiFi band enables you to obtain a better connection between the Parrot Skycontroller 2 and the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone.
Note: When the WiFi signal is low, the Parrot Skycontroller 2 makes a tone signal every 10 seconds.
4-Way Controller: The Skycontroller 2 offers four ways to control the Bebop 2 FPV Drone.
- Pilot Bebop 2 FPV Drone with Skycontroller 2 only and benefit from long range WiFi.
- Pilot Bebop 2 FPV Drone with Skycontroller 2 and a smartphone or tablet (via FreeFlight Pro App) and enjoy more controls over short range dedicated WiFi.
- Pilot Bebop 2 FPV Drone with Skycontroller 2 and FPV glasses and benefit from FPV on your glasses via HDMI port for Bebop 2 FPV Drone camera video streaming with telemetry (distance, altitude, cape, horizon management, battery level and more).
- Pilot Bebop 2 FPV Drone with Skycontroller 2, FPV glasses and a smartphone or tablet (via FreeFlight Pro App) and enjoy even more immersive FPV flights. Add more fun by live sharing drone's view video stream with your friends through the smartphone or tablet.
Joystick Controls: The pilot takes control of the drone via two ultra precise joysticks on the Skycontroller 2. The left joystick controls up/down movement and left/right rotation of the Bebop 2 FPV Drone. The right joystick controls forward/backward movement and left/right turns of the drone. There is also a smaller joystick controller on the right side to adjust the camera angle and take photos. Push buttons are used for recording and other functions.
Note: It is not possible to perform flips of Bebop 2 FPV Drone if you use the Parrot Skycontroller 2 without a smartphone.
Smartphone/Tablet Cradle: The Parrot Skycontroller 2 can be used with an Apple iOS or Android device with the FreeFlight Pro application in order to have a video feedback and advanced control functions. The piloting smartphone or tablet is placed on the included cradle of the Skycontroller 2 that is compatible with the vast majority of Apple iOS devices and Android smartphones/tablets (measuring between 4.75" -7.125").
Note: If the connection between your smartphone and the Parrot Skycontroller 2 is lost, the Bebop 2 FPV Drone returns to its starting point automatically after one minute of disconnection.
User Data & Alerts: During flight, users gets real time data, a great help for a more accurate piloting. This flight data is crucial to make most of the quality of the image of Bebop 2 FPV Drone, thanks to its 3-axes unique stabilization. You not only gets sound alerts, the piloting HUD that also displays all relevant information makes it easier to pilot Bebop 2 FPV Drone. They include Where is my Bebop 2 FPV Drone, at which distance it is located and at which altitude it is flying, plus horizon management.
FPV (First Person View) w/ Cockpitglasses: The included Cockpitglasses let you discover and experience FPV (First Person View) for fully immersive flights. You simply insert a compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone (with the FreeFlight Pro app installed) inside the Parrot Cockpitglasses and place them over your eyes (can be used with prescription eyewear). Your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone must also connect to the included Skycontroller 2 via USB. The first person video footage is captured by the drone's front camera and wirelessly transmitted to the FreeFlight Pro app on your smartphone inside the Parrot Cockpitglasses. The FPV experience features perfectly stable images, with no distortion, and follows the Bebop 2 drone's flight path with a display of a radar and telemetric data. You'll feel as if you were inside the cockpit of the aerial drone. Compatible Apple iPhones and Android smartphone include - (as of 9/23/2016).
- Apple iOS: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus
- Android: Samsung Galaxy S 5/6/7, Samsung Galaxy Note 3/4/5, LG G3/G4, HTC One M8, Nexus 5
Note: Never leave the Parrot Cockpitglasses in the sun when not in use; this could damage your enclosed smartphone.
Rechargeable Battery: The Parrot Skycontroller 2 utilizes a 2700mAh rechargeable lithium-polymer battery that can last up to 250 minutes. Charging time is approximately 55 minutes with the included charging base. When the battery level of the Parrot Skycontroller 2 or the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone is low, the LED indicator turns red. The Parrot Skycontroller 2 makes a sound signal every 10 seconds.
Flight Pattern Warning: The Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone is a remote control model aircraft designed only for entertainment purposes only. Please fly responsibly. Do not fly your Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone over any populated area, such as beaches, others people's backyards, heavily populated parks, professional or collegiate sports events, or over gathering of animals. Absolutely, do not fly near an airfield. If you want to fly your Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone in any populated area or near an air field, do contact your local aerial authority to get the appropriate authorization.
Note: Please be aware that there may be federal, state, and/or local laws or regulations restricting the use of this drone in certain areas. Click here for more rules and regulations regarding drones.
Recordings Warning: Recording and circulating an image of an individual may constitute an infringement of their image and privacy for which you could be liable. Ask for authorization before filming individuals, particularly if you want to keep your recordings and/or circulate images on the Internet or any other medium. Do not circulate a degrading image or one which could undermine the reputation or dignity of an individual. The use of the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV Drone for surveillance or espionage is strictly forbidden and could result in your prosecution under the law. Check that your use of the cameras on board the Parrot drone complies with the legal provisions on the protection of privacy.
Product Warranty: Parrot warrants that the Parrot Drone will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12-months from the initial date of purchase upon presentation of proof of purchase to the retailer or to Parrot (including the date and place of purchase, product serial number). Return to retailer is not applicable in the USA - return shall be made to Parrot only. During the contractual warranty period, any defective product should be returned in its original packaging to Parrot's after-sales service. After inspection of the product, Parrot will, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace the defective part or product, excluding any other indemnification of any nature. Parrot's warranty does not cover:
- defects due to damage caused by an accidental collision, fall, or abnormal use
- defects caused by any reason other than a defect in material, workmanship, and craftsmanship
- defects cause by customization of product by the end-user
- defects caused by repairs carried out by the end-user or an unauthorized 3rd party, except spare parts provided by Parrot
- defects due to the use of spare parts not provided by Parrot in the original packaging
- defects due to the fact that spare parts have been installed without following the recommendations and instructions provided by Parrot at www.parrot.com or if the Parrot Bebop Drone has been customized by the end-user;
- loss of charge time by rechargeable battery over time does not constitute a defect in material or workmanship
Note: If upon technical tests being carried out any product is found non defective we reserve the right to return such product to the sender at the sender's cost and to levy a charge to cover Parrot's technical test fees. Upon expiration of the 12-month warranty period or if the defect is not covered by the warranty, any defective product can be returned to Parrot's after-sales service in order to be repaired or for a defective part to be replaced at the sender's costs. Repair will be carried out only after acceptance of the corresponding quotation.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
My son is an engineer at JPL and I thought he'd love this [ frank Nov 23, 2017 ]
Chose because it came recommended by someone and then saw it on CNET as a "Best for whole family". [ Jennifer Aug 21, 2017 ]
My grand son who is five was able to operate the drone from a 13 year old cousin. Birthday present. [ Howard Jun 09, 2017 ]
Great deal for a drone with 1080 HD video/photos, FPV, long range and flight time - and super fun to fly! Love how portable it is and the video stability. Recommend the optional warranty (covers accidents as well). [ Matthew Jun 02, 2017 ]
My first one got stolen. [ CAROLYN R Feb 20, 2017 ]
Great value,first time flyer [ Donald Dec 21, 2016 ]
Teenager cousins love drones [ HANS Nov 29, 2016 ]
Its badass bro [ kevin Nov 24, 2016 ]
They are cool to fly [ D Nov 24, 2016 ]
Christmas [ richard Nov 23, 2016 ]
It like like a great step up from the current version [ Jared Sep 16, 2016 ]